HiFiMAN 602: Talk about your initial impressions and specs
Nov 11, 2010 at 2:35 PM Post #856 of 1,195

Quote:
Down arrow = next track - holding it down will scan forward through track
Up arrow = reset track/previous track - as above but backwards through track.
Right Arrow = select folder or files to navigate or play.
Left arrow = inverse of right arrow
Dataexc port = storage access
USBDAC = USB DAC
Center button = select item except doesn't work on first menu choice for me but fine after that.  FW update needed likely. - While a track is playing center button will pause/play.

Just add a couple of things. Thanks Anaxilus.

Nov 11, 2010 at 5:56 PM Post #859 of 1,195
Well at least we can't feel 16/44 is a lot inferior in quality. For mid-fi cans I think 16/44 is enough.

Nov 11, 2010 at 6:38 PM Post #860 of 1,195
By any chance, did your HM-602 look like this s:flo 2?

G1Insl.jpg

Quote:
Originally I thought he want HM-602 back because he does not want to return RE262. So earlier today I told him that if he like RE262 (retail will be $249), I can let him keep it for $100. He is not happy to this idea. He PM me back and mentioned he has "family member in NJ State Law Enforcement and will pursue this till the end". In the following PM (after 20min), he said he have contacted paypal and BBB in New York. It seemed I have to ship the HM-602 back to him tomorrow, or cops will come to me.

Nov 11, 2010 at 7:02 PM Post #861 of 1,195
I began to post the entire PM but it is not worth it and reads like a bad soap opera. In a nutshell he would not return this to me and I got furious. No matter how this gets spun he was looking to make more $$$ on this deal. This could have been avoided. Think what you may of me but "If you don't stand for something you'll fall for anything". I was not going to be taken advantage of. Some of you would have done the same, some would of let him dictate what was to become of your hard earned money. I will not. 

Going forward I will keep my thoughts on this player to myself as I promised Fang in our PM's. Being there was "no problem" with it I wanted to give it another try. That is my right.
I realize I've brought any ill feelings towards me upon myself, all from people who don't know me. Do I have any regrets, only that he didn't see fit to just send it back when I asked politely. Would I do this again to protect myself, you betcha.

I sincerely apologize to every member on this forum if I have offended any of you in any way and will not post in any Head Direct related threads.
If admin wants to ban me I will understand.

***************************************************************************************************​

Nov 11, 2010 at 11:08 PM Post #864 of 1,195

Quote:
btw you can search songs by holding the center button, the cursor will jump to the the 1st song starts with a number, followed by A to Z.

Never had a chance to use that one though. It's quite... unnecessary IMO for such little capacity. Clicking down 5 times is much faster than holding the center button for like 5 secs
biggrin.gif

Nov 12, 2010 at 12:08 AM Post #865 of 1,195
@CSIR

Would you mind adding the information from post 856 as a guide to your initial post.  Thx.  We should keep a guide updated.  Not sure if starting another thread is a good idea.

Nov 12, 2010 at 2:28 AM Post #867 of 1,195
      Quote:
Is there any method to play the entire folder / genre?

Yep. Just add, errm, "Internal  Memory" and/or "SD Card" to the main menu and browse your music by folders. It will only play what's in that folder. So it depends how you sort your music if you want to browse by genre.

For the record I think Fangs description of the device (http://www.head-fi.org/forum/thread/496035/hifiman-602-talk-about-your-initial-impressions-and-specs/750#post_7033441) should be in the first post. It sums up what most people think about the player and what to expect. 

Nov 12, 2010 at 2:33 AM Post #868 of 1,195
I want to play the folder with all subfolders, like with Rockbox. My music is organized by Genre/Artist/Album/Tracks.
Of course, I can organize by Genre/Tracks. And use Artists menu item for specific artist. But there will be too many artists then, basically from compilations.

Nov 12, 2010 at 4:00 AM Post #869 of 1,195
@Fang

After much testing this evening I seem to come to the conclusion that playing SACD through the LO is inferior to the HO.  The output of the LO w/ SACD sources seems to have the FR pushed further up into the higher freqs to my ears.  I'm getting far more sibilance, clipping, leaner sound, less bass, lost resolution or artifacting in about 85%-90% of my SACDs.  I tested SACD LO versus HO amped and unamped, the results are consistent on my unit.  Listening to the LO v. HO w/ regular 16bit yields no such flaws.  To my ears there is something going on w/ the 24bit files thru LO.  Anyone else feel free to let me know if I'm crazy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back