Oct 3, 2010 at 11:39 AM Post #376 of 1,195
Quote:
smily_headphones1.gif

We humans are not perfect, you know
biggrin.gif

Oct 3, 2010 at 11:56 AM Post #377 of 1,195
Oct 3, 2010 at 12:24 PM Post #379 of 1,195

Quote:
... There is a "huge" change in the buttons (more active to the touch and has a nicer feeling to them). The bass and treble has been improved quite a lot. ... I also have to retrieve all of my music through the 'SD Card' option. I am not sure if this is a glitch with how I loaded the music onto my SD card because the problem is similar on the 801...

For the price, with 16GB of internal memory, which allows for a total of 48 GB including a Class IV 32 GB SDHC, I feel this is a must have for most audiophile enthusiasts. It is very light and the  software reacts quickly. 
I will be using it all weekend, and will report back on anymore pros and cons that I find. For those of you who couldn't or didn't want to shell out $799 for the 801, I feel this is a good alternative.

I agree, the buttons are much better than the prototype, to me the bass is deeper and the treble is a bit smoother. How do you get music from the SD Card to the internal memory?

To me 48 Gb of total capacity w/o having to carry extra SD cards should be more than enough for most users. Cheers.

Oct 3, 2010 at 12:31 PM Post #380 of 1,195
Think i will give it a miss since it seems to be on the warmer sound signature. 

Oct 3, 2010 at 8:15 PM Post #381 of 1,195

Quote:

I agree, the buttons are much better than the prototype, to me the bass is deeper and the treble is a bit smoother. How do you get music from the SD Card to the internal memory?

To me 48 Gb of total capacity w/o having to carry extra SD cards should be more than enough for most users. Cheers.

It's rather simple, Miguel.  
regular_smile .gif

On my MacBook Pro (and I assume it would be similar on a Windows PC) when the HM-602 is connected via the supplied USB-mini to USB cable with the SDHC card inserted into the player, there are two removable disks show up in Finder (Explorer to those of you who still had not been assimilated...kidding).  Then it's just a matter of dragging and dropping files and/or folders from one drive to another (i.e., SD Card to onboard Flash in your case).

You can also do the same, of course, from your computer's hard disk to either HM-602 removable drives.

Don't forget to properly eject both disks prior to disconnecting the USB cable, otherwise risk corrupting the FAT32 boot sector.

Oct 3, 2010 at 8:20 PM Post #382 of 1,195
Those of you who are wondering about the user manual, I did actually ask that question from Fang.  It is being prepared, but wasn't ready in time for the first batch.

This wouldn't be an issue for those who also own an HM-801, but for new users, there is definitely an initial learning curve getting used to the HiFiMAN UI.

Oct 4, 2010 at 2:42 AM Post #383 of 1,195
especially like to point out the fact that Fang has warranty card in the box and serial number on 602 this time is good sign !!! give Fang a bit of time, Head-direct is on the right track ~ this is not a one shoot/hit and disappear company !!

Quote:
Those of you who are wondering about the user manual, I did actually ask that question from Fang.  It is being prepared, but wasn't ready in time for the first batch.

This wouldn't be an issue for those who also own an HM-801, but for new users, there is definitely an initial learning curve getting used to the HiFiMAN UI.

Oct 4, 2010 at 4:07 AM Post #384 of 1,195
@testrichard, Did you get an email re: item being posted?? And have you got your 602 yet? if so when did you order?
Cheers

Oct 5, 2010 at 3:17 AM Post #385 of 1,195
i havent receive 602 yet, i asked head-direct to sent me the RE262 with 602 together plus upgraded 801 amp board and also RE-zero balance adaptor ~~

they did email me and acknowledged that they have received my payment and my 801 amp board. its not the 1st time i deal with them so i trust them, while for 1st time buyer i can totally understand their concern as some might still freak out by  mad-off ponzi scheme
wink.gif
this is what happens when you order audio stuff i guess especially custom make (which of course not the case for 602), if you ordered a custom make cable, amp etc etc it could wait for months or years some times. and it could be torture
smily_headphones1.gif

i think there is few reasons for the delay besides of what we already know - trying to include RE262 together with 602

-1st, oct is china's national day and it is really huge thing, i remember when i was working in china , it is like freaking huge, public system basically stop (well, to be fare~ just like any other country when holiday comes) so dont expect custom or shipping company to work as usual ! this also go as well for head-direct's 602 assembling factory worker as well

and the national day holiday is pretty long like a week or some thing, every one heading home or to the tourist site and "serious traffic JAM"

just gossip here, as i m in finance area~ its ironic that due to capital control and lack of available financial products, people who dont invest capital in business can only either buy car or house to invest their extra savings and that cause now serious traffic jam, its pity cause i actually think their public transport system is really good and taxi fare is cheap and also the road design is wide and good.........  i m green guy and i really despite people flashing cars as status thing, i mean~ yeah sure you got money but do you have class ? the society still going through transformation stage and show off what you have is like every thing...... any way, i look forward the day things change for chinese people, it can only be sooner than later.

- head-direct now has few regional distributor or re-seller either in china or oversea, its makes complete sense any company will distribute the stock to them for stocking 1st then handle the usual ordering!! like iphone 4, ipad, SONY NEX 3/5 etc you will find some times you can buy the products in retail shop but your online order just have to wait~~~ feeling unfair ?? get into the queue my friend
wink.gif
like Australian always like to say "Such as life"

so combine above 2 possibilities, i think we just have to be patient and wait it out

P.S: by the way, i made my order around 20th~23th Aug, using paypal bank transfer which will take few days to clear hence i believe on head-direct's record my order might in fact really came in around 25~28th AUG. at least thats what i would do in business, it only counts when the fund has cleared
smily_headphones1.gif

Oct 5, 2010 at 8:11 AM Post #386 of 1,195
Thanks for the heads up mate. One thing I know about is torture. I ordered a hi-end sabre DAC fully balanced with balanced m^3 and was told 'at least 5 weeks'. It's been nearly a year and still haven't got it! Got to love this hobby - can't live with it, can't live without it! (or is that women?)

Any more impressions of the 602 guys??

Oct 5, 2010 at 10:48 AM Post #387 of 1,195
being Aussie i would say "can't live without it (woman)" lol

but consider yourself lucky as you can still head to pubs and clubs every now and then, enjoy good music, cheap beers and teasing/fling with beautiful woman ~~  while i m in Malaysia suffering ........ expensive beers, boring night life and conservative woman...... (no offense ladies..... by that i mean up tight and over serious relationship type ~~ to be fare its same as modern woman will jump the ship the moment they smell up tight clingy serious guy
wink.gif
)

Quote:
Thanks for the heads up mate. One thing I know about is torture. I ordered a hi-end sabre DAC fully balanced with balanced m^3 and was told 'at least 5 weeks'. It's been nearly a year and still haven't got it! Got to love this hobby - can't live with it, can't live without it! (or is that women?)

Any more impressions of the 602 guys??

Oct 5, 2010 at 12:24 PM Post #388 of 1,195

Ahh, Malaysia! I spent Christmas on an island of the coast of Mersing, the one they filmed the original South Pacific on. Luckily I was not in the brunt of the storm, the Tsnami was pretty horrific.

Regardless,  I love Asia!  Laksa, warm weather and gadgets galore! Wanna swap? 

Oct 5, 2010 at 6:15 PM Post #390 of 1,195
Anyone who has heard the HM-602 with Ortofon e-Q7 IEMs?
Impressions of that combo?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back