Hidizs Sonata HD DAC cable - new tiny and mighty DAC&AMP
Feb 26, 2020 at 5:51 PM Post #766 of 862
Last edited:
Mar 27, 2020 at 6:21 PM Post #767 of 862
How do you flash the FW on a mac? I don't have a Windows PC.

Apr 11, 2020 at 2:31 AM Post #769 of 862
I have been using this on a Windows 10 PC (flashed to D) but every time I boot up I have to unplug and reinsert to get any audio out. Anybody else had this issue?

Apr 11, 2020 at 12:29 PM Post #770 of 862
I have been using this on a Windows 10 PC (flashed to D) but every time I boot up I have to unplug and reinsert to get any audio out. Anybody else had this issue?

It's been a while since used this on my PC, but I recall that I had a similar issue. Unfortunately, I have no solution and just dealt with it.

Now I use a FiiO E10K and have no such issue.

Apr 11, 2020 at 11:56 PM Post #771 of 862
I saw the link, do you have any experience with hifi go as a vendor? Also, if you own this little guy, I'm curious if you use it with Uapp. I ordered one but I'm a little wary about the compatibility list saying some Meizu devices need root.

I actually have one on order from AliExpress that doesn't seem to be moving, and one on order from HiFi go that should arrive in a couple days now. I'll be able to compare the Hidizs and the Meizu by ear in a few days.

Apr 12, 2020 at 5:19 AM Post #772 of 862
It's been a while since used this on my PC, but I recall that I had a similar issue. Unfortunately, I have no solution and just dealt with it.

Now I use a FiiO E10K and have no such issue.
Scary stuff - I also have a FiiO E10 K and have gone back to that with the PC. Prefer the physical volume control anyway. I notice though that the Sonata is capable of a higher bit rate than the E10K. This is where my knowledge starts to end. Interestingly the Sonata could not handle exclusive WASAPI mode in Winamp where as the E10 K can.

Apr 12, 2020 at 5:39 AM Post #773 of 862
Scary stuff - I also have a FiiO E10 K and have gone back to that with the PC. Prefer the physical volume control anyway. I notice though that the Sonata is capable of a higher bit rate than the E10K. This is where my knowledge starts to end. Interestingly the Sonata could not handle exclusive WASAPI mode in Winamp where as the E10 K can.

The Sonata (S3) is excellent for both my phones (s8+ and P30Pr0) using the D setting (and it also does some interesting stuff when I plug it in to my AP80, too) but for my PC, the FiiO E10K works without a hitch.

Apr 20, 2020 at 6:21 AM Post #775 of 862
The Sonata (S3) is excellent for both my phones (s8+ and P30Pr0) using the D setting (and it also does some interesting stuff when I plug it in to my AP80, too) but for my PC, the FiiO E10K works without a hitch.
So it's safe to flash with D firmware on S3...

Because I wrote to the customer support and they told me to stay with the 2.0 version...

I already own an S2 and I'm waiting for the S3.

Apr 20, 2020 at 9:55 AM Post #777 of 862
So it's safe to flash with D firmware on S3...

Because I wrote to the customer support and they told me to stay with the 2.0 version...

I already own an S2 and I'm waiting for the S3.

Just to confirm, I also flashed the D firmware on the S3. No issues whatsoever. I ended up selling it and I kind of wish I'd kept it as a backup, but I have an HD pro now so it's all good lol.

Apr 21, 2020 at 4:45 AM Post #778 of 862
I tried to ask to the customer support about ... They sent me a WeTransfer link with a D firmware that seems to be specific for the S3... I don't have yet the S3 so I can't try...
The . exe is called like "Sonata HD-D 3.0" and the md5 is different.
Can I share the WeTransfer link?

Last edited:
May 2, 2020 at 4:32 PM Post #780 of 862
I actually have one on order from AliExpress that doesn't seem to be moving, and one on order from HiFi go that should arrive in a couple days now. I'll be able to compare the Hidizs and the Meizu by ear in a few days.
@jasonb I currently have the Sonata HD DAC Cable II and considering upgrading to the MEIZU Hifi Pro and was keen to see how you compare the two. Have you have received the MEIZU ?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back