Hidizs Sonata HD DAC cable - new tiny and mighty DAC&AMP
Sep 19, 2018 at 11:27 AM Post #91 of 862
I am using windows laptop only for this device. I had to install some BRAVO drivers from Hidizs website. I am able to play 192/24 files though Foobar but I want peace of mind it's not upsampling and device is running at best quality possible.

Sep 19, 2018 at 3:34 PM Post #92 of 862
My device is a Huawei Mate RS Porsche Design. Before that I had a ZTE AXON 7 which had an extraordinary sound that was due to the two AKM chips.
I assumed that with the Sonata HD I can achieve similar. Although the Sonata HD is recognized by my Mate RS and the output can be set to 192 kHz but there is no sound from the headphones.
Because some Huawei users have problems with the Sonata HD. Is this problem known to Hidizs? It should be possible to fix this problem by a firmware update.
I ordered the Sonata HD in the US and it took a while to get it delivered, so it was very disappointing to find that it did not work.

Sep 19, 2018 at 3:42 PM Post #93 of 862
My device is a Huawei Mate RS Porsche Design. Before that I had a ZTE AXON 7 which had an extraordinary sound that was due to the two AKM chips.
I assumed that with the Sonata HD I can achieve similar. Although the Sonata HD is recognized by my Mate RS and the output can be set to 192 kHz but there is no sound from the headphones.
Because some Huawei users have problems with the Sonata HD. Is this problem known to Hidizs? It should be possible to fix this problem by a firmware update.
I ordered the Sonata HD in the US and it took a while to get it delivered, so it was very disappointing to find that it did not work.

Try this:
Reset your Huawei programmer options to the factory settings. (not your phone, only the advanced programmer options). See if it works.

Sep 20, 2018 at 5:18 AM Post #95 of 862
It's a long shot but download the Neutron music player and use that to play the music.

Go to Neutron's "Audio Hardware" options, enable "Hardware gain". Then enable "Direct USB Access" and go into the sub options for Direct USB Access. Enable "Volume Control" and "Replace Device Volume".

This is the only way to get the stock Google Pixel dongle to play music without distortion and it works like magic. Maybe you are having the same issue but in reverse...in that the Huawei's interface with the Sonata is not setting the gain properly?

Sep 20, 2018 at 5:34 AM Post #96 of 862
It's a long shot but download the Neutron music player and use that to play the music.

Go to Neutron's "Audio Hardware" options, enable "Hardware gain". Then enable "Direct USB Access" and go into the sub options for Direct USB Access. Enable "Volume Control" and "Replace Device Volume".

This is the only way to get the stock Google Pixel dongle to play music without distortion and it works like magic. Maybe you are having the same issue but in reverse...in that the Huawei's interface with the Sonata is not setting the gain properly?

Have tried the whole synonymous with neutron, it is recognized as Sonata HD but there is no sound.
I bought a cable from Moshi, this works perfectly with Neutron and Poweramp.
Nevertheless, I want to understand why the Sonata HD does not work and make it synonymous to run.

Sep 20, 2018 at 5:40 AM Post #97 of 862
Sep 20, 2018 at 8:25 PM Post #100 of 862
Is 3.5mm metal part supposed to be fully spinning?
Yes, the part that spins is a metal enclosure around the plug, not the whole Jack itself. You can even unscrew the enclosure.

Sep 20, 2018 at 8:26 PM Post #101 of 862
Yes, that's correct, is this a design thing? Also I saw video review online, there hi-res sticker came separately, decision left for owner to put it or not. However mine unit come in with sticker on already.

Sep 21, 2018 at 4:00 AM Post #102 of 862
Yes, that's correct, is this a design thing? Also I saw video review online, there hi-res sticker came separately, decision left for owner to put it or not. However mine unit come in with sticker on already.

Mine also came with the sticker already placed, but slightly skewed so that one of the edges was peeling off. I opted to take it off.

Sep 23, 2018 at 9:00 PM Post #104 of 862
I noticed that the Sonata has very rough volume increments when used with my 2017 MacBook Pro. Does anyone else have this issue? Rather annoying since music playback is often too loud or too soft due to the lack of fine volume increments. I already updated the firmware to v2.0 and flashed with the Pure Music profile.

Sep 23, 2018 at 9:56 PM Post #105 of 862
Who cares about the sticker?

How is your DAC recognized?
USB-C DAC Sonata HD (TempoTec)
or
USB-C DAC Sonata HD (Hidizs)

Could you please point out in W10 where can I check this exact info?

I noticed that the Sonata has very rough volume increments when used with my 2017 MacBook Pro. Does anyone else have this issue? Rather annoying since music playback is often too loud or too soft due to the lack of fine volume increments. I already updated the firmware to v2.0 and flashed with the Pure Music profile.

Exactly yes, there is noticeable jump in ~15 percent of audio volume.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back