Hidition NT-6 Custom IEM Review: The Ultimate Reference?
Jan 22, 2012 at 12:28 AM Post #31 of 992
Hmmm, I see that, but I thought I asked for something different...

When you go buy a product on their page there are options, so selecting the correct options along with some communication should work get it done.

Feb 4, 2012 at 12:51 PM Post #32 of 992

Quote:
The NT-6 has more ability to rumble than the LS8, but the bass is much flatter and doesn't have the warmth of the LS8.  The T1 Live! doesn't lack extension, (at least much, if any, but I still need to do more listening), but the capability of the single bass driver isn't on par with the NT-6.  I am not sure about the T1 vs. the LS8 at this time.  I have not started the T1 Live! review as I am finishing the EM4 review first.

thanks for your reply,
and sorry man due my work i didnt have time to get back to you, as i've been pretty busy with my work;....which will probably carry on till half way through the year

you are making me feel few into the NT6, btw you said this is a more of a smooth version when comparing to the other NT6 pro? or something different?
anyway, i shall really wait till my acs t1l returns before i can make up my mind on possible additional purchase on other CIEMs

and thanks man, also i've just checked out your review of EM4, sounds great....
anyway really looking forward of seeing your review on ACS t1....
got to get some work out of my way, then sleep :p

Feb 6, 2012 at 11:34 AM Post #34 of 992

Quote:
thanks for your reply,
and sorry man due my work i didnt have time to get back to you, as i've been pretty busy with my work;....which will probably carry on till half way through the year

you are making me feel few into the NT6, btw you said this is a more of a smooth version when comparing to the other NT6 pro? or something different?
anyway, i shall really wait till my acs t1l returns before i can make up my mind on possible additional purchase on other CIEMs

and thanks man, also i've just checked out your review of EM4, sounds great....
anyway really looking forward of seeing your review on ACS t1....
got to get some work out of my way, then sleep :p

No problem, I understand busy!  The T1 Live! and NT-6 are very different (as is the EM4), but you should get the T1 first and see how you like it and what differences in the sound you want for your 2nd CIEM.

Quote:
Did anyone listen to NT-6 Pro?

I will be reviewing the NT-6 Pro, but not for a while.  I don't have it yet.

Feb 9, 2012 at 12:44 PM Post #35 of 992

Quote:

No problem, I understand busy!  The T1 Live! and NT-6 are very different (as is the EM4), but you should get the T1 first and see how you like it and what differences in the sound you want for your 2nd CIEM.

I will be reviewing the NT-6 Pro, but not for a while.  I don't have it yet.

:) thats cool man, t1live is gonna to be my 4th CIEM, i hope the new crossover will shine 
tongue.gif
 better than its old brothers 

anyway will check your reviews in abit :wink:

its always fun to check out reviews :p

Feb 11, 2012 at 9:44 AM Post #38 of 992

Quote:

Can you announce them?

Sure, I am reviewing the Alclair reference and ACS T1 Live!.

You can always see what I am reviewing near the top of the first post in my multi-custom IEM review thread.  You can also see the CIEMs I will be receiving in the near future and my review queue is based on when I receive a product.

Feb 14, 2012 at 1:49 AM Post #39 of 992
My NT-6 refit arrived today (thanks to my wife having the day off and signing for the package!).  I like the new look and think it looks much better in person than in pictures.  Here are the differences:
- The cable is now protruding a bit like the UE connectors, but not nearly to the extent.  This will give more structural integrity to the connector protecting the pins.
- The case is larger as it now fits the NT-6 and I can close the case!
- The shells sit more flush in my ears

I will have to compare the cables, as I now have a stock cable in addition to the upgraded cable.  

Of course, the hard part of this whole thing, the listening 
wink_face.gif

Man, these things have so much detail that is presented so clearly, they just tear the presentation apart and let you hear every detail, or any you focus on.

Here are some not great quality pictures.

Feb 14, 2012 at 9:39 AM Post #40 of 992
They look great! You actually changed the design quite a bit. At first glance I thought they used some special material for the faceplate but realized that it's just a colored artwork background.  Build quality also looks better than the original. 

Feb 14, 2012 at 10:29 AM Post #41 of 992
your nt6 in person looks much better than that on Hidition's website :wink:
ok, now I'll wait for your opinion on the original cable (or the new premium cable?) and the up coming nt6 PRO review

Feb 14, 2012 at 11:55 PM Post #42 of 992

Quote:
They look great! You actually changed the design quite a bit. At first glance I thought they used some special material for the faceplate but realized that it's just a colored artwork background.  Build quality also looks better than the original. 

Quote:
your nt6 in person looks much better than that on Hidition's website :wink:
ok, now I'll wait for your opinion on the original cable (or the new premium cable?) and the up coming nt6 PRO review

Yes, better than I expected from the picture on the site.  I like that the shell is more transparent than the original so I can see the internals better and the massive bass drivers!  I think the shaping of this one is better which makes it look better, but the build quality of the original was good as well.  

I will get to the premium cable vs. the stock cable in a week or so (I have to get my other reviews done, at least primarily).  And after hearing the NT-6 again, I can't wait to hear the Pro!

Feb 21, 2012 at 1:11 AM Post #44 of 992
I made several updates in the first post (case, cable, pictures/build).  Below is the cable update.

Update: Upgraded cable (new build) vs. standard cable.

I burned in both cables for about 100 hours and here my thoughts and A/B results:

The stock cable has slight microphonics while the new upgraded cable still has microphonics, however they have been reduced.  Not having the original cable however, I can't say by how much other than it is still very noticeable, but more tolerable to me.  I think this is due to the microphonics being much worse (not compared with the original upgrade cable, but in general) when the cable rubs against a solid surface vs. my clothing.  For example, against my clothes there is little microphonics, but against the arm of my chair or desk it is bad, and really bad when rubbing against the stock cable 
tongue_smile.gif
  I can't really tell much of a difference physically other than it may be a bit thinner.  The stock cable uses a very tight twist and has better ergonomics than the upgraded cable, however the stock cable isn't quite as flexible as a standard twisted custom IEM cable, but it does look much nicer.  

From a sound perspective the upgrade cable conveys more deep bass weight and increases the depth of the soundstage, which also improves imaging.  The NT-6 is still ultra detailed and clear with the stock cable, but the upgrade cable gives you a bit of extra refinement and bass.  This may improve with more burn in.  I will update at some point in the future.

Feb 21, 2012 at 7:23 AM Post #45 of 992
"Heeeeyyyy Joe, Watcha doing Wiff Those Flashy Iem's in your hand?". Man I had you as akinda conservative guy, guess that Arty -  Designer inner person just had to break through........Eventually!
Well done mate nice customs, and even better I sure am liking what Im reading about them.......

Users who are viewing this thread

Back