Hidition NT-6 Custom IEM Review: The Ultimate Reference?
Jun 1, 2016 at 5:46 AM Post #542 of 992
my reshelled NT6 are here , along with the Whiplash Hybrid V3 cable 
biggrin.gif

impressions to follow 
L3000.gif

Jun 1, 2016 at 5:02 PM Post #544 of 992
Nice, hope you'll enjoy them
biggrin.gif
Seems to me that not a lot of people here own the NT-6 Pros, even though they're really good.

not many people own NT-6(pro) ,in general

these are not hype masters , like some other TOTL ciems in here 
rolleyes.gif

on first listen , i am very pleased with how the nt6 sounds and how it pairs with the whiplash hybrid V3 cable

on well recorded/mastered albums , this is a very impressive sonic combo

definitely TOTL caliber sound 
biggrin.gif

Jun 3, 2016 at 10:51 AM Post #545 of 992
this is such a FANTASTIC ciem 
basshead.gif

biggrin.gif

gs1000.gif

Jun 3, 2016 at 11:51 AM Post #546 of 992
  this is such a FANTASTIC ciem 
basshead.gif

biggrin.gif

gs1000.gif

It is definitely the best I have heard for the money. Not only does it rock out of an iPhone, but wait until you hear it scale up to the exotic category out of the Ygg/Rok stack.

Jun 3, 2016 at 12:00 PM Post #547 of 992
  It is definitely the best I have heard for the money. Not only does it rock out of an iPhone, but wait until you hear it scale up to the exotic category out of the Ygg/Rok stack.

i see you have the nt6pro , but which cables did you find best with them ?

i have a moon audio silverdragon and a whiplash hybrid v3 , but i could use one more i guess 
tongue.gif

Jun 3, 2016 at 12:49 PM Post #548 of 992

i see you have the nt6pro , but which cables did you find best with them ?

i have a moon audio silverdragon and a whiplash hybrid v3 , but i could use one more i guess 
tongue.gif

Sounds like you may have all you need - I have always wanted to try the Hybrid. However, the Moon audio cables can be stiff and not fun to wear which is why I don't often use my black dragon. While the copper adds a nice weight, the silver adds clarity and weight that is hard to beat. How do you describe your hybrid with the pros?

My favorite is Ted's Headphone  Lounge Silver Litz cable which beside looking and sounding great is easy to wear as the braids are soft. Plus at the price he offers them, I got the AK 2.5 balanced to go with my AK100ii to provide a balanced platform. Then it made it easy to get a 3.5 extension and a full sized balanced extension so I could play it on my desktop or non-balanced players. All that for about $200 is a steal. I have never felt like I needed anything else and my black dragon goes unused.

https://headphonelounge.com/silver-iem-cables/

Jun 3, 2016 at 4:52 PM Post #549 of 992
  Sounds like you may have all you need - I have always wanted to try the Hybrid. However, the Moon audio cables can be stiff and not fun to wear which is why I don't often use my black dragon. While the copper adds a nice weight, the silver adds clarity and weight that is hard to beat. How do you describe your hybrid with the pros?

i have the non-pro version , actually 
tongue.gif

well it's just my 2nd day with it , but i am very impressed with nt6 and the whole hybrid/nt6 synergy 

first of all , i had a small fear of the highs being too bright/sibilant

well there is zero sibilance , the highs are airy and spacious, just beautiful 

what really grabs me with nt6 is the whole texture of the sound , there is zero grain -  just beautiful texture 

also the sound is effortless , this ciem is really cooking 

i know there is no such thing as 'the perfect ciem' but so far this ciem sounds like my ideal sound in a ciem

it is airy, it is musical, it is tight , it is detailed , it is balanced , i can not pinpoint any shortcomings yet 

the mids are not recessed or too close/too far away , perfect placement 

the lows are where they ought to be , not boomy or too much but hitting hard when they need to 

i also need to A/B the synergy of hybrid/silver dragon , i think that silver dragon gives a bit more clarity but the hybrid really beefs the sound without making it sound bloated/veiled 

if upgraditis is a sign of approval , i have zero upgraditis atm which is the best thing i can say about a purchase

i am gonna be posting here as i spend more time with it , but so far i am really, REALLY impressed with it 

i should have my jpn zx2 tomorrow , but with my dx80 the sound is simply terrific 
biggrin.gif

definitely the best (c) iem of all i have owned so far , by a substantial margin

ps : i am so impressed with them , that i may have to put my lazy ass down and write a small review for them (and i have never reviewed anything , 6 years in here...)

Jun 4, 2016 at 12:59 PM Post #552 of 992
  Does any one know if Hidition does any Black Friday discounts or similar?

are you gonna try them again ? or was the fit issues something temporary ?

i like the NT6 so much, i think my anzu will be hitting the FS threads.....i will wait a few more days to A/B them , but i think i have found the CIEM i always dreamt of, sound-wise 
biggrin.gif

the hybrid cable is a great match, indeed.

Jun 4, 2016 at 1:22 PM Post #553 of 992

It's my permanent ear issue. My ears a bit weird. Some companies can do it but others struggle. Depends on the CIEM maker's skill, I guess. Noble couldn't do K10 or a 8C for me. I think their skills lie in their art work, but Jack can do the 14 driver Zeus and Grezegorz did my notoriously difficult 5way Ult with no problems. And Jack's art work is definitely at least in par with Noble if not better. 

The NT-6 Pro is an amazing IEM. It's so clear and crisp and spacious and Wows you from the word go. It can get tiring with long sessions though. I wish I knew another CIEM exactly like that but communicated in English and can accommodate my ears (and do BF sale
tongue_smile.gif
)

Jun 4, 2016 at 6:20 PM Post #554 of 992
i get the impression by reviews and users that PRO is more v-shaped , more bass and more treble and less mids, so NON-PRO was always the one i was eyeing

this detailed comparison was the one that convinced me that NT6 is the one i want/need 

Hidition NT-6: The NT-6 and pro are torn from the same cloth as they share many characteristics and with some songs you will be hard pressed to hear a large difference.  Those songs are the ones with low levels of bass and treble that doesn’t extend too far, not to mention not the largest soundstage.  But, there are differences.  The NT-6 is the reference with a pretty neutral bass and treble combined with a balance in the midrange making for a presentation that doesn’t push any one portion of the spectrum forward.  The pro, on the other hand, enhances the bass and treble region and also has a more 3D space.  The good (due to the treble) is that much of the treble is brought forward, improving upon the super clear NT-6; but the negative is the tone can sound a bit off in comparison as you know the treble is being enhanced.  I gave the NT-6 the highest marks for clarity, but the pro steals that honor from the NT-6.

In the bass region, the bass enhancement is slightly noticeable with light and background bass tracks, but when a heavy bass line kicks in, the pro kicks it up several notches.  Since the pro is enhanced, the bass isn’t quite as clean as that of the neutral NT-6, which is due to the additional rumble.  The midrange of the pro is a slight bit further back, but then there is more depth of the soundstage space, allowing the NT-6 to present vocals a bit closer and more personal, while the imaging of the pro is improved over the NT-6.

As one would expect, technically these two are quite close with the pro having a bit better transparency due to the more 3D soundstage, but the midrange and treble of the NT-6 sounding slightly more natural.  Detail and resolution is ever so slightly higher on the pro and due to the boost in the treble, the coherence isn’t quite what it is with the NT-6.  Dynamics, speed, and note attack/decay are the same.

Both the NT-6 and the pro version offer an extremely high technical performance with an analytical yet musical performance in different flavors.  The NT-6 is excellent as a reference monitor, something you want when you want to hear all the details with great clarity but don’t want enhancements in the bass region.  The pro turns the reference into a more exciting and even clearer sound with a bass and treble boost and a bit more depth to the soundstage with a slightly less forward midrange.  Hidition gives excellent choices depending on your tastes.

then i read the nt6+hybrid review by @Average Joe 

http://theheadphonelist.com/ciem_review/hidition-nt-6-whiplash-hybrid-v3/

and everything kinda clicked , i knew this cable had to be acquired

finding one selling here at a great price, just 1 day after a cable deal i had bought was cancelled (because of cable problems) - it seemed like a cosmic synchronicity thing and i jumped on it , you don't pass on such chances

well , it is now Day 3 of having NT6 and i can almost see the angels around me playing music to my ears 
tongue.gif

damn.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back