Hidition NT-6 Custom IEM Review: The Ultimate Reference?
Mar 21, 2014 at 12:42 AM Post #241 of 992
On the Hidition website, do you order first and then send the impressions?  I'm confused.  The website doesn't tell me to send the impression anywhere before I submit payment.  Also, why does it say Country and City, then at the bottom Address Details?  Shouldn't they want the State and Zipcode also?  Man, I'm really confused, I don't want to pay them and then nothing happens.  So confused...  
confused.gif
   Such a horrible setup.

Mar 21, 2014 at 1:19 AM Post #242 of 992
  On the Hidition website, do you order first and then send the impressions?  I'm confused.  The website doesn't tell me to send the impression anywhere before I submit payment.  Also, why does it say Country and City, then at the bottom Address Details?  Shouldn't they want the State and Zipcode also?  Man, I'm really confused, I don't want to pay them and then nothing happens.  So confused...  
confused.gif
   Such a horrible setup.

I really didn't trust the online order system either. Instead, I emailed them with my questions and requirements and allowed them to complete the order for me with an order code. Once we were happy with the written order going back and forth through email, they had me place my order through the system to come to the correct amount to make payment, but using the written order. BTW, they can be slow with email taking between 24 to 48 hours to respond with my worst being a week. They apparently have only one part time person that reads/writes English so they are dependent on him to respond. One more thing, the payment online system is a pain as well and often makes your credit card lock up with an international fraud alert causing the payment to fail. Once you call your credit card company to authorize, the payment will go through.

It is a horrible ordering setup, but a great CIEM. Don't worry, once you get through the order process, they are actually really fast to get the finished product to your door.

As for impressions, its been a while, but I believe that I sent my impressions first and then made payment when the impressions were approved. You will have to ask for the correct address to send them through email. Don't forget that they request close mouth, no bite block, relaxed jaw when making impressions.

Mar 21, 2014 at 2:02 AM Post #243 of 992
Guys, if you don't trust their ordering system, you can order through null audio. Kevin speaks English and is helpful. Response wise he is usually flooded with requests so do not expect him to reply immediately.

Mar 21, 2014 at 4:44 AM Post #244 of 992
Guys, if you don't trust their ordering system, you can order through null audio. Kevin speaks English and is helpful. Response wise he is usually flooded with requests so do not expect him to reply immediately.

(IF) only you're living in Singapore. You'd have to pay three times shipping fees, shipping to Singapore(for ear impressions), shipping from the lab to Singapore, shipping from Singapore to your country.

Mar 21, 2014 at 8:54 AM Post #247 of 992
  This is great info.  Thanks!  

Do all you agree with this?  Closed mouth?

Yep. Hidition tend to make very tight fitting CIEM, so you better not open your mouth :p

Mar 21, 2014 at 8:58 AM Post #248 of 992
Looks like the community here has similar interests.  I know me and tupac have similar taste in what we look for in UIEMs and CIEMs.  I guess the NT6 guys have similar taste.  We do our research before we take a plunge, not base our decisions on hype. 

beerchug.gif
  Our reward is the best sound possible for our money.  

I'm so glad we have reviewer like Joe to be our lab rat on CIEMs.  
biggrin.gif

Mar 21, 2014 at 10:26 AM Post #249 of 992
  Looks like the community here has similar interests.  I know me and tupac have similar taste in what we look for in UIEMs and CIEMs.  I guess the NT6 guys have similar taste.  We do our research before we take a plunge, not base our decisions on hype. 

beerchug.gif
  Our reward is the best sound possible for our money.  

I'm so glad we have reviewer like Joe to be our lab rat on CIEMs.  
biggrin.gif

Exactly! :wink: Joe is the man~ haha

Actually NT6 is not my taste for the music I listen to, but I can't deny its technically ability which is one of the best I have ever heard.  To go 334 sounds a little flawed in comparison to NT6's reference type sounding :)

Mar 23, 2014 at 6:49 PM Post #250 of 992
I still haven't gotten a response from them.  How did you guys order yours?  Any of you from the States ordered from the website than send the impression?  How did you get the address to send to?

Uhh, such a pain in ass to deal with this company, just like UM.  I was going to order Mericles way back and didn't because it's such a headache, like english website being in Australia and then the impressions get sent to China. etc..

Mar 23, 2014 at 9:34 PM Post #251 of 992
  I still haven't gotten a response from them.  How did you guys order yours?  Any of you from the States ordered from the website than send the impression?  How did you get the address to send to?

Uhh, such a pain in ass to deal with this company, just like UM.  I was going to order Mericles way back and didn't because it's such a headache, like english website being in Australia and then the impressions get sent to China. etc..

International orders with companies that require translators to correspond by email are definitely a pain in butt to do business with, however the end product will make the process worth it in the end. What really makes it bad is that a toy like this puts us in a time warp slowing down time and brings us back to our childhood where we count the seconds between emails and for mail to arrive. It makes everything feel much longer than it really is. In the end, I received my NT6pros into my hands in less than two weeks of them receiving my impressions.

If you want to PM me, I would be happy to share my timeline, their address, etc. but it has been a couple years so addresses could have changed so it would probably be safer to ask by email. If you read back in this thread a bit you will see that a few of us have made more recent purchases and have more current info if you wanted to PM them as well.

You are not alone, we will help if needed.

Mar 23, 2014 at 9:54 PM Post #252 of 992
Thanks, but not necessary.  I just called them and they led me to this link which has all the instructions.  It's in the website, and must have overlooked it.  They will tell you to take pictures of your impressions so they can ok them before you send them and waste their and your time.  I think they are smart to do this, and I suggest it to you all for it.

http://hidition.co.kr/29059

Mar 23, 2014 at 10:01 PM Post #253 of 992
Guys, it seams DX50 is very popular, and the price doesn't seem that bad compared to the DX100.  Would you guys recommend it?  If you have the ODAC/O2 combo, how does it compare?

Mar 23, 2014 at 10:29 PM Post #255 of 992
Ok, more information for you all.  

I just talked to Hidition, and asked about why they like closed mouth impressions.  They told me performers have their mouth open while singing and for music listeners like us, it's more relaxing for us to have mouth close in relaxed position so that's the reason for closed mouth impressions.  
beerchug.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back