HibyMusic Android and iOS Music Player - Bit-perfect USB Output; Network and Dropbox Streaming
Jul 27, 2023 at 9:24 PM Post #361 of 398
How can I adjust Hiby so that it stops after playing an album. Now it automatically plays the next album in the folder. Thanks
There are separate settings in Settings for Play through Albums and Play through Folders (regarding playing from the Folder tab) that you can turn on/off.

HiBy Stay updated on HiBy at their facebook, website or email (icons below). Stay updated on HiBy at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/hibycom https://store.hiby.com/ service@hiby.com
Jul 27, 2023 at 9:30 PM Post #362 of 398
6 years have passed and nothing changed: Hiby is still the only app that's unable to sort the tracks within a folder by their track number. I still have the very same folder on my NAS, and Hiby still sorts tracks by their title. Same goes for every folder btw. And every other software, including bubbleupnp/bubbleds, mconnect, vlc, hificast, mediamonkey (etc) are able to sort the tracks by their track number. I could do the same screenshots once again and Hiby would still be the odd one out. It might be some incompatibility with minidlna, it still wouldn't explain why every single app besides Hiby can act like expected.

Sound quality is still nice, but the fact that 6 years wasn't enough to fix a trivial issue like that is pure disappointment. I've had a Hiby R3, liked the form factor, the features and the sound, sold it because of the software experience. No network sources are available with Hiby Link, huh? Just an other interesting feature in Hibyland. Anyway... See you in 6 years I guess. :slight_frown:
Sorry, this particular problem has simply turned out to be impossible for us. If this is the only criterion (track order in a DLNA server) for you in choosing products, including hardware products such as Android DAPs that offer infinite possibility in terms of actual player app used, with systemwide bitperfect output for all of them and systemwide audio plugins that work with all of them including industry-leading innovations not seen anywhere else such as the DRX10K 🤷🏻‍♂️ then... I'm sorry.

HiBy Stay updated on HiBy at their facebook, website or email (icons below). Stay updated on HiBy at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

Aug 2, 2023 at 2:50 AM Post #364 of 398
I’ve noticed lately, that sometimes Hiby music on my R6 III just plays at 48KHz whatever the source SR is. Other apps behave as expected. Normally a reboot solves the issue. Anyone also experiencing? As far as I’m aware no recent FW or Hiby app updates happened.
Found out why: even if disabled, if you played around with the EFOtech plug-ins, it sets output to 48KHz. You have to delete them by selecting and swipe left.

Last edited:
Aug 4, 2023 at 1:48 PM Post #365 of 398
6 years have passed and nothing changed: Hiby is still the only app that's unable to sort the tracks within a folder by their track number. I still have the very same folder on my NAS, and Hiby still sorts tracks by their title. Same goes for every folder btw. And every other software, including bubbleupnp/bubbleds, mconnect, vlc, hificast, mediamonkey (etc) are able to sort the tracks by their track number. I could do the same screenshots once again and Hiby would still be the odd one out. It might be some incompatibility with minidlna, it still wouldn't explain why every single app besides Hiby can act like expected.

Sound quality is still nice, but the fact that 6 years wasn't enough to fix a trivial issue like that is pure disappointment. I've had a Hiby R3, liked the form factor, the features and the sound, sold it because of the software experience. No network sources are available with Hiby Link, huh? Just an other interesting feature in Hibyland. Anyway... See you in 6 years I guess. :slight_frown:
Also I have the problem that every time I add something to a folder I have to scan ALL the folders again. Why is that? In Neutron you just scan the folder you modified and not all your music! I have almost a terabyte of it. 22.000 files. Come on!

Aug 5, 2023 at 10:32 AM Post #366 of 398
Hello?

Aug 30, 2023 at 11:07 AM Post #367 of 398
Hello, I own a Cayin N3Pro and I tried to drive it through my Samsung S2 tablet using Hibymusic through Bluetooth. It works but for some reason, cover art are not showing in albums listing. They show when I play a track. And if the same files are read in local mode, cover art is showing.

OK, I found on another site about the Cayin N3 that covers won’t show. Too bad.

Last edited:
Oct 20, 2023 at 6:06 AM Post #368 of 398
Hiby music on Android 13 (redmi note 12 5G) - can't see any MQA option (like on my R6 III) and does not recognise local MQA files or Tidal stream MQA tracks, either with external DAC MQA renderer or internal DAC - though I've seen announced in several articles that Hiby music supports MQA. For reference, UAPP (in same device) recognizes and plays both local or Tidal MQA with same USB DAC (iFi GoLink). I've signed up for beta but still not updated. @Joe Bloggs can you confirm Hiby music can indeed support MQA on Android ? Tks

Oct 21, 2023 at 2:22 AM Post #369 of 398
Hiby music on Android 13 (redmi note 12 5G) - can't see any MQA option (like on my R6 III) and does not recognise local MQA files or Tidal stream MQA tracks, either with external DAC MQA renderer or internal DAC - though I've seen announced in several articles that Hiby music supports MQA. For reference, UAPP (in same device) recognizes and plays both local or Tidal MQA with same USB DAC (iFi GoLink). I've signed up for beta but still not updated. @Joe Bloggs can you confirm Hiby music can indeed support MQA on Android ? Tks
it is an option to enable MQA unfolding, if you sign in and subscribe to the service within the player. The free player does not do this as-is. Though, a full MQA decoder device attached to the phone, playing bit-perfect, should still be able decode MQA. Not so a MQA renderer, which does require support of a MQA decoder on the smartphone. Though, HiBy Music will only decode, for MQA renderers on its list of supported devices (so not all renderers).

(note: HiBy R Android DAPs with their version of HiByMusic loaded will play MQA directly on the device, this is different from the behaviour of the free app on smartphones.)

Last edited:

Nov 12, 2023 at 10:57 PM Post #370 of 398
I just discovered that HiBy music for IOS has a DoP function that does not currently work with the iphone 15 Pro Max. It can be done; I found a piece of software called Ever Play that can do what is needed. Hopefully HiBy (and other vendors) figure out what is going on and make appropriate changes. Thanks!

Dec 4, 2023 at 5:23 PM Post #372 of 398
More information on why most music apps are not outputting DSD properly with the new USB-C iPhone 15 Pro Max. It appears that Apple has a bug whereby these devices do not respond correctly (or possibly not at all) to queries from the app about the capabilities of the Apple device. It is unclear if and when Apple will fix this bug. In the meantime, other vendors are considering a work-around. I hope HiBy will consider this idea.

HiBy music could potentially add the ability for the user to accept or reject (kind of like turning DoP on and off) the use of assumed frequency capabilities of a given device. For example, I know that my iPhone 15 Pro Max can handle 384 khz (I have seen that come in from Roon). So perhaps I can accept a slider that states "user overrides reported frequencies" so that the user knows it is their problem if things go wrong. That would be a slider just like the one that accepts output as DoP. So by stating that I accept "presumed" frequencies, the unit can output at appropriate frequencies to enable DoP. It is not elegant but it fixes a major problem.

Dec 8, 2023 at 9:23 PM Post #373 of 398
Hi!
Is it an option to import .txt files to peq?

Yes, if you choose "Import AutoEQ" instead of "load" in the latest version, it loads a parametric EQ as given e.g. in autoeq.app .

Last edited:

Dec 10, 2023 at 7:41 PM Post #374 of 398
Is there a reason why the iOS HiBy music app cannot be downloaded? I try searching in the App Store and it doesn’t show up, and then when I search on Google, it shows up but then there’s a warning that says it isn’t available in my country.

I tried accessing with a US and a KR account and neither worked.

Dec 15, 2023 at 2:19 PM Post #375 of 398
More information on why most music apps are not outputting DSD properly with the new USB-C iPhone 15 Pro Max. It appears that Apple has a bug whereby these devices do not respond correctly (or possibly not at all) to queries from the app about the capabilities of the Apple device. It is unclear if and when Apple will fix this bug. In the meantime, other vendors are considering a work-around. I hope HiBy will consider this idea.

HiBy music could potentially add the ability for the user to accept or reject (kind of like turning DoP on and off) the use of assumed frequency capabilities of a given device. For example, I know that my iPhone 15 Pro Max can handle 384 khz (I have seen that come in from Roon). So perhaps I can accept a slider that states "user overrides reported frequencies" so that the user knows it is their problem if things go wrong. That would be a slider just like the one that accepts output as DoP. So by stating that I accept "presumed" frequencies, the unit can output at appropriate frequencies to enable DoP. It is not elegant but it fixes a major problem.
Unfortunately the Apple bug is not fixed with IOS most recent update.

Any possibility that this app can be updated to add some kind of inelegant workaround as described above?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back