Separate names with a comma.
no, hiby isn't a dlna source/controller. you may want to try bubbleupnp instead.
Thanks for the answer.
It's a real pity that Hiby wouldn't function as a dlna controller.
The reason that I'm interested so much in Hiby is, it can play
SACD iso's directly on Android devices either in converted PCM format
or in dsd format
I'm not sure the bubbleupnp can do it.
Right now HiByMusic can play FROM DLNA servers but not TO DLNA renderers.
You may consider hooking up your phone to the BDP directly via USB for bit-perfect output.
We will be updating HiByMusic on or before 3 June, stay tuned
Hey Joe, I have been using the app for about 6 months and I like the improvements over that time. Cheers. I am on an iPhone7+ and using Hiby 2.1.2 currently.
I would like to add that sort by folder and album works fine and songs appear in the right order, yet when viewing by artist and then you select an album the songs always appear in alphabetical order and not track order as in other views. As artist view is my preferred method for browsing this can be frustrating as have to leave and go to another view method to listen to an album in track order.
Features I'd love to see added/fixed in my preference order.
Actual output bitrate and output device on playback screen. It is great to know my music is 24/96 but is it being passed through to my DAC without being processed or down sampled? I have no idea. When I use my HA-2SE or another deice which only supports 48/16 with a digital usb input, the screen always says 24/96 so only indicates the actual files bit rates.
Fix Artist View sorting - when you get to song screen display in track order as per tags, not alphabetical.
Artist and Folder view - add small cover art just like in All view or looking at songs in an album.
Album view - smaller cover art to fit more on screen on iphone 7+, seems like a lot of useful space is being wasted.
Volume control on the playback screen.
Slightly larger shuffle/playlist control buttons to make it easier to press/use. Also adjust colours based on cover art or use a shadow to make it easier to see. On covers that have similar colours to the buttons they are rendered invisible. Alternate option is to relocate button so not over cover art.
Thanks for the great free app. Much appreciated.
Here's a quick mock up of the play screen with output bit rate and source added plus shuffle/playlist moved and enlarged. I did add a volume slider but got a bit busy so took it away. An excellent way to implement volume adjustment would be like the VLC app does it, whereby swiping up and down on the cover artwork would increase/decrease volume if needed. I love how you can do that when watching a video on VLC.
What does "car machine model" do?
Still waiting for Android N integration.
1) I see there are these Sound Field and Balance plugins, but nowhere does it say what these are supposed to do. Are they worth adding?
2) S7 on Android 7.0 What features don't work on 7.0?
3) When I sign into Dropbox and allow access, it just tells me load failed and can't find any folders. Any ideas?
Audio playback through USB DAC. Need <7.0 for that.
Any indications they will fix the 30:00-bug? I have written to them months ago and nothing happened.
Looking forward to the update, allthough I'm already very happy with the app on my Fiio X7. In the meantime, can anyone explain what car model machine stands for? Just curious...
^ That would have been the driving friendly mode...
Hi guys! If you have an Android device, you can now sign up for the new 3.0.0 beta!
3.0.0 build 5178 beta
1. HiByLink feature will be used to remote control hi-fi, hi-res lossless playback from supported devices;
2. First free app to support hi-res lossless USB digital output on Android 7.x;
3. Added dynamic play queues...
4. ... which can also be edited and saved as new playlists;
5. Improved compatibility with Android 6+ devices;
6. Fixed track ordering under albums, under multi-disc albums (DISCNUMBER support!), etc.
8. Expanded on-device output sampling rate to 44.1 and 48kHz, adapting to phones with different Android system sampling rates;
9. Added option to disable exclusive USB audio output and use Android system USB audio for convenience / interoperability;
10. Added USB volume lock function to ensure bitperfect output more easily (forced in this version, to be choosable in future versions);
11. Revised English and multilanguage translations;
12. Added illustrated quick-start guide for ease of use;
13. 14 months of bug writing and bug fixing...
1. USB volume lock may not work properly in some cases, locking volume to a low / inaudible level
2. USB device may have to be connected after app is started to ensure reliable exclusive access
3. Player may fail to load next track automatically under some circumstances
... 4. (added after release) Player does not seem to acquire USB lock well if you'd ticked the check box to use HiBy for a USB DAC by default... so it seems better to just tap "OK" without ticking the default checkbox every time.
Looking forward to your thoughts and impressions!
It's been a long time. :whew:
Select Private cloud >DLNA/LAN > search server > Hiby stopped
Happens to both DX200 and vivo xplay 6
hiby found my nas, both as a samba server and as a dlna server.
btw i found 2 bugs:
- the usual dlna sorting issue is still there: songs within albums are sorted by track title, instead of track number
- the control panel on the notification area is still there, even after closing it with the X on the top right corner, and after closing the app within the task manager
Ok. It works now. Not sure what happened back there. ^^"