HiBy RS8 flagship Darwin R2R Android DAP -- Class A -- news and impressions thread
Oct 6, 2023 at 1:55 PM Post #2,896 of 3,440
Unfortunately electronics aren’t always perfect. I’m not sure I’ve seen a single DAP, or electronic for that matter, that has been released and at some point hadn’t need to be returned/exchanged due to faulty hardware.

It happens.. When I first bought the RS8, it had issues with the USB port and Hiby replaced with a new one. No issues since

Oct 6, 2023 at 11:35 PM Post #2,899 of 3,440
I received an RS8 a couple weeks ago and have been slowly getting to know it. Early days for me but it's a stunningly beautiful pairup-- Elysian Acoustic Labs Annihilator + Effect Audio Fusion 1. I haven't heard the 21 Anni since I owned it last year and from memory the 23 seems to fix what was the only real issue with that IEM-- the bass. Previously it was what I would call "minimally acceptable" but here it's something of a highlight. Tighter, better extended, more present. Annihilator doesn't "need" lots of power but it sure does benefit from it. Through the RS8 on high gain/turbo it makes for a hell of an experience. RS8 has a really natural, analogue, authoritative yet liquid tonality that suits this IEM like a charm.

39E3CCA9-287D-4B25-A9EF-2C60EDFFFDA7.JPEG

Oct 7, 2023 at 2:38 AM Post #2,900 of 3,440
Hello. I have the same problem with the RS8, it turned itself off and now the whole picture is the same as described above. It’s unlikely that who I bought through will help with shipping. Now I live in Germany. And I don’t know what to do

Is this normal? I think not. It creates a lot of insecurity with this device.

I had to pay for return shipping…75€…
When the RS8 arrives, I expect the refund.-It was the option initially preferred by the seller, and in the end, mine... seeing what happened.
Let's see if they can help me with the return shipping amount, because it's not my fault...

Let's see how it all ends...

Good luck..

Best Regards

Sisco

Last edited:
Oct 7, 2023 at 5:23 AM Post #2,901 of 3,440
Oct 7, 2023 at 5:47 AM Post #2,902 of 3,440
Indeed i bough from them, 10/10 for delivery and aftersale support!
I have already explained to you why I have not bought it at Zococity, with whom I have a good feeling... I have always bought from them... but I don't think it has anything to do with the problems of the RS8... the fact that it dies suddenly... I don't care. I like it, and for that reason, I'm very sorry, I'm going to pass the HIBY BRAND ... this is the second time it's happened to me...

It just happened to someone else today...check out the thread

Best regards

Sisco

Last edited:
Oct 7, 2023 at 6:24 AM Post #2,903 of 3,440
I have already explained to you why I have not bought it at Zococity, with whom I have a good feeling... I have always bought from them... but I don't think it has anything to do with the problems of the RS8... the fact that it dies suddenly... I don't care. I like it, and for that reason, I'm very sorry, I'm going to pass the HIBY BRAND ... this is the second time it's happened to me...

Best regards

Sisco

Just curious, did you buy a new unit or was it a used RS8?

Oct 7, 2023 at 6:56 AM Post #2,904 of 3,440

Best regards

Sisco
Clarification, you have always bought from Musicteck, with whom you have a good feeling, despite living in Spain next to Zococity. You buy from Musicteck because it's cheaper, which is because they don't have to abide by the ultra stringent return and guarantee requirements of EU sales for every single sale. I like Musicteck as much as the next guy, but...

What do you mean this is the second time it's happened to you?

Yes unfortunately this happened to someone else (theirs is not a new unit), that's different from you getting two units of this and both being faulty.

Last edited:
HiBy Stay updated on HiBy at their facebook, website or email (icons below). Stay updated on HiBy at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/hibycom https://store.hiby.com/ service@hiby.com
Oct 7, 2023 at 7:08 AM Post #2,905 of 3,440
HiBy Stay updated on HiBy at their facebook, website or email (icons below). Stay updated on HiBy at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

Oct 7, 2023 at 7:14 AM Post #2,906 of 3,440
And, I'm not saying he shouldn't buy from Musicteck--it's a free world--but I'm saying he should have realistic expectations of what happens in terms of support from his chosen vendor regarding a defective unit, given that he knew well his local distributor and chose not to buy from them for cost reasons.

Oct 7, 2023 at 7:54 AM Post #2,907 of 3,440
Yes,of course..the world is open and free for all..
other issue was with a R6 Pro OG few years ago,,another die…

I just want to close this deal and forget about all this problem..
There are many more options

Best regards

Sisco

Oct 7, 2023 at 9:55 AM Post #2,908 of 3,440
This might have been answered already (but couldn't find it) is there any way to get Mitch's convolution filters working on the rs8 without using roon? Maybe through Hiby app? Thanks
PS running this into enleum 23rm is just incredible for a transportable system! Highly recommend!

Attachments

• 20230923_162815.jpg
    20230923_162815.jpg
    2.7 MB · Views: 0
Oct 7, 2023 at 10:46 AM Post #2,909 of 3,440
>Buy cheaper from other side of the planet
>complain support is ass
OH WOWZIES HIBY SURE IS BAD AM I RITE?

>Buy from local dealer, little more expensive, EXTREMELY good aftersale
>Have small issue with a single pixel
>gets new player in 20 days because their stock was out, got it "on good faith" before even shipping back my own
This is why i say, if you LITERALLY live in the same country as a good faith importer, and decide to cheap out for like 5% off a 3k luxury item, you are setting yourself up for being disappointed.
Not to mention, BATTERY DEVICES DIE. Because of that itty bitty thing called BATTERY. This is why when i spend 3k, i spend it on someone who guarantees 3 years of support, because the chances on such a timescale something happens are non-negligeable, and thus i won't take chances. If i need to spend 10% more to cover a 3000 bucks purchase, you can bet i'll take the extra cost if it means improved survivability.
AND if you already had a hiby die, WHY THE HELL did you buy from someone that you KNEW couldn't give you the support needed?
And the cherry on top is that it's somehow hiby's fault?

Maybe you NEVER had a FiiO M15, and never had to deal with their aftersale support sheninegans. I HAD and i learnt a valuable lesson of purchasing from the other side of the planet vs a local distributor.

Oct 7, 2023 at 10:48 AM Post #2,910 of 3,440
Going on a tangent, just bought verde laurel cables 4.4mm, they look real nice together with my headphones and my hiby!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back