HiBy RS8 flagship Darwin R2R Android DAP -- Class A -- news and impressions thread
Mar 23, 2024 at 11:15 AM Post #3,346 of 3,403
Comparing Hiby FC6 to Mojo 2 is unfair, the fact the Hiby is so much cheaper than Mojo 2.
I would dare to say Xduoo XD05 Pro wins Mojo 2 totally 😂
I BOUGHT A FIAT PANDA FOR 1000 BUCKS AND I COULD NOT BELIEVE A FERRARI PASSED ME ON THE HIGHWAY!

That guy really is a piece of...work lol

Mar 24, 2024 at 4:03 AM Post #3,347 of 3,403
why are you making this guy more popular and important? this facebook post would have been history in a week, but you gave it life and publicity by making the author of the post more popular. obviously it's just an ordinary hater's post that wasn't worth the attention it got.

Mar 24, 2024 at 4:40 AM Post #3,348 of 3,403
why are you making this guy more popular and important? this facebook post would have been history in a week, but you gave it life and publicity by making the author of the post more popular. obviously it's just an ordinary hater's post that wasn't worth the attention it got.
What you said it true, however I know wheer Joe came from. I remember for one of my project where I really worked hard and achieve above expectation, a random feedback really ticked me off. It was not even a feedback, more of a comment to get a reaction from me. Sadly, it did as I was really passionated about that project, and basically worked my butt off with overwhemling positive feedback. I reacted because of that, I could have moved on but mistakes were made due to passion of the moment.

Mar 24, 2024 at 7:19 AM Post #3,349 of 3,403
What you said it true, however I know wheer Joe came from. I remember for one of my project where I really worked hard and achieve above expectation, a random feedback really ticked me off. It was not even a feedback, more of a comment to get a reaction from me. Sadly, it did as I was really passionated about that project, and basically worked my butt off with overwhemling positive feedback. I reacted because of that, I could have moved on but mistakes were made due to passion of the moment.
I'm no expert, but at most one could have just posted the review, saying "this guy has quite an experience in dongles, and is a different approach" and leave it at that. No more answers. If he screams and moans, ignore, people aren't that stupid at to not know someone starved from attention as compared to someone giving an honest opinion.

Mar 24, 2024 at 9:41 AM Post #3,350 of 3,403
I have a couple of questions regarding the latest HiBy firmware update, :

1) I saw with the R8II that you now have fixed / variable line out lock in the Audio Settings menu. This gives you full variable LO control, which is amazing. Having updated an RS8 to firmware 1.30 the other day, there doesn't appear to be the same lock option for LO, just for digital output - USB, S/PDIF - despite the update mentioning variable LO control as well. Is there now a full variable LO control on the RS8? If so, how does this work?

2) Will similar functionality be available on the RS6 any time soon?

Many thanks.

Mar 25, 2024 at 1:12 AM Post #3,351 of 3,403
I have a couple of questions regarding the latest HiBy firmware update, :

1) I saw with the R8II that you now have fixed / variable line out lock in the Audio Settings menu. This gives you full variable LO control, which is amazing. Having updated an RS8 to firmware 1.30 the other day, there doesn't appear to be the same lock option for LO, just for digital output - USB, S/PDIF - despite the update mentioning variable LO control as well. Is there now a full variable LO control on the RS8? If so, how does this work?

2) Will similar functionality be available on the RS6 any time soon?

Many thanks.
Hi LoneFurrow,

You should be able to access LO volume control on the RS8 as follows:
Notification shade->Audio Settings->Lineout digital volume

?

LO volume control had not been added to the RS8 in the latest update. It has been added to the to-do list for the next update.

2. Yes, that and parametric EQ should appear in the next RS6 update.

P.S. thank you all for your kind words!

Last edited:
HiBy Stay updated on HiBy at their facebook, website or email (icons below). Stay updated on HiBy at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/hibycom https://store.hiby.com/ service@hiby.com
Mar 26, 2024 at 9:30 AM Post #3,352 of 3,403
Hi LoneFurrow,

You should be able to access LO volume control on the RS8 as follows:
Notification shade->Audio Settings->Lineout digital volume

?

LO volume control had not been added to the RS8 in the latest update. It has been added to the to-do list for the next update.

2. Yes, that and parametric EQ should appear in the next RS6 update.

P.S. thank you all for your kind words!
Ah... thank you for letting us know. Is the same going to apply with the RS6 as well? Do you have a view when the next firmware update might be available? This would be an amazing feature to have.

I finally managed to get a pic of both the RS8 and R8II, but you've now clarified matters.

1711459767535.png

Mar 26, 2024 at 3:41 PM Post #3,353 of 3,403
Hola RS8 gang , I noticed something odd recently ...in the Hiby music app playing from Qobuz , any albums or tracks that are regular CD quality show as 320 kbps in the info on the app . Anything higher res shows correctly as seen in the pic of Cocteau Twins album below ( 2965 kbps ). Shows correct kbps in UAPP and Qobuz app. ¿ Small bug ? Not the end of the world of course but I drank too much coffee today and the 'Audiophilia-Nervosa' is kicking in :) Have a nice day :)
bro I noticed the same problem.

Qobuz through Hibymusic player for some reason shows 320kbps bitrate instead of full audio-cd or hires. If you swipe right, you can see even by the file size that it is mp3.
I guess we need a comment from our savior @Joe Bloggs

Mar 27, 2024 at 2:04 PM Post #3,355 of 3,403
Does anyone know if the USB c to RCA coax cable that comes with the RS8 works with the Chord Hugo/Hugo 2?

Mar 28, 2024 at 8:46 AM Post #3,356 of 3,403
Does anyone know if the USB c to RCA coax cable that comes with the RS8 works with the Chord Hugo/Hugo 2?
It very well should, if it's taking a coaxial digital signal via RCA.

HiBy Stay updated on HiBy at their facebook, website or email (icons below). Stay updated on HiBy at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/hibycom https://store.hiby.com/ service@hiby.com
Apr 7, 2024 at 3:46 PM Post #3,358 of 3,403
This evenings pairing. Doesn’t seem to matter what you throw at it, RS8 delivers…

P1077900-Edit.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back