HiBy RS8 flagship Darwin R2R Android DAP -- Class A -- news and impressions thread
Jun 7, 2023 at 12:38 PM Post #2,282 of 3,437
did not like Astell & Kern 3000, here for me you have surpassed their vision of sound for me personally. But sometimes you want, for example, the bass to be not quantitative and soft, but solid. Competitor's holographic data sometimes wins with some songs, especially ROHM chip implementations, and being able to get something like this, or even better, would be just a super opportunity. The problem with competitors is that you have super detail, or musicality, or other kinds of sound quality, but you don't have the ability to switch between them. I think it's the Hiby RS8 that can play like any of them in theory, but then no one will be able to play it. A simple example - I bought a Hiby RS8, and then I bought a Meze Elite, but later I got the opportunity to hear Cayin n8ii with Meze Elite and this combination was more interesting for the simple reason that detail, holography, energy gave Elite pluses, while removing the brightness of highs. But with the Hiby RS8, it’s not so bad that you don’t want to listen to it, just the very musical handwriting of the rs8 and the musicality of the Meze Elite give a more blurry picture, in both the upper frequencies are polite, the bass is soft, albeit dynamic. But I couldn’t stand Denon 9200, but rs8 changed everything so that it was high end munich 2023, who tried this combination with me said that this is the real end of the game (but not with native gaskets and cable), estimating it above many combinations, for example, Focal Utopia, final audio d8000 pro, t+a solitaire p. The result is simple, think about the fact that we users could move in different directions of the sound directly from the device. THIS WILL PROVIDE AN OPPORTUNITY TO MAKE SYNERGY WITH ALMOST EVERYTHING, as each of us prefers.

Jun 7, 2023 at 12:58 PM Post #2,284 of 3,437
Jun 7, 2023 at 1:19 PM Post #2,286 of 3,437
It's true that the RS8 does not support reporting discharge current. Charge current reports are supported.
So what you basically are saying is that there will be no way whatsoever to determine what the battery health is in % at any given time? (unless via rooting the RS8)

Jun 7, 2023 at 2:10 PM Post #2,288 of 3,437
Try Meze Advar

I tried them. Too spicy for me.

I tried the Elites on an unbalanced cable and it didn't quite do it. Going to try it in a balanced.

Almost tried the DCA expanse 🤣

Look at Hiby CR08 docking station. It is more than a stand.

Jun 7, 2023 at 2:11 PM Post #2,289 of 3,437
I tried them. Too spicy for me.

I tried the Elites on an unbalanced cable and it didn't quite do it. Going to try it in a balanced.

Almost tried the DCA expanse 🤣

I do have it but by stand I meant one of those stands like where you can place and ipad or iPhone.

Are there any half decent cases other then the standard ones?

Jun 7, 2023 at 3:11 PM Post #2,290 of 3,437
Has anyone tried rootless james dsp on rs8?
I really love this.
I wonder which translator distorted Joe Bloggs to rootless james 😄
Anyways, I am planning, just have to find the calm times.

Jun 7, 2023 at 4:21 PM Post #2,292 of 3,437
HiBy Cast when connected to RS8 from Iphone is giving ‘unactivated receiver’ message periodically. Anyone know what it is?
I suspect the Battery Manager detects that HiByCast drains the battery and restrict it's running in background. Turning Settings -> Battery -> Battery Manager -> Use Battery Manager -> off might help. (On my Android phone this can be set per app, but on the RS8 I have not found something similar).
Turning it off I experience a more stable HiByCast controll.

Jun 7, 2023 at 4:35 PM Post #2,293 of 3,437
Better to use English or maybe Google translate and then copy and paste here. This way you will get more replies.

Zdes' vse tvoi posti vihodyat' na ruskom bez perevodchika.
I would suggest keeping the original Russian as well, for those who can read it. Google translate doesn't always work.

HiBy Stay updated on HiBy at their facebook, website or email (icons below). Stay updated on HiBy at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/hibycom https://store.hiby.com/ service@hiby.com
Jun 7, 2023 at 4:48 PM Post #2,294 of 3,437
did not like Astell & Kern 3000, here for me you have surpassed their vision of sound for me personally. But sometimes you want, for example, the bass to be not quantitative and soft, but solid. Competitor's holographic data sometimes wins with some songs, especially ROHM chip implementations, and being able to get something like this, or even better, would be just a super opportunity. The problem with competitors is that you have super detail, or musicality, or other kinds of sound quality, but you don't have the ability to switch between them. I think it's the Hiby RS8 that can play like any of them in theory, but then no one will be able to play it. A simple example - I bought a Hiby RS8, and then I bought a Meze Elite, but later I got the opportunity to hear Cayin n8ii with Meze Elite and this combination was more interesting for the simple reason that detail, holography, energy gave Elite pluses, while removing the brightness of highs. But with the Hiby RS8, it’s not so bad that you don’t want to listen to it, just the very musical handwriting of the rs8 and the musicality of the Meze Elite give a more blurry picture, in both the upper frequencies are polite, the bass is soft, albeit dynamic. But I couldn’t stand Denon 9200, but rs8 changed everything so that it was high end munich 2023, who tried this combination with me said that this is the real end of the game (but not with native gaskets and cable), estimating it above many combinations, for example, Focal Utopia, final audio d8000 pro, t+a solitaire p. The result is simple, think about the fact that we users could move in different directions of the sound directly from the device. THIS WILL PROVIDE AN OPPORTUNITY TO MAKE SYNERGY WITH ALMOST EVERYTHING, as each of us prefers.
There are many ways to move towards this with the MSEB, indeed I would think that using that would get you much closer to achieving other players' sound signatures than these advanced features, convolution and dynamics, because the different signatures of these players lie in subtle differences in frequency response, rather than wide modification of the impulse response across channels (convolution) or signal-sensitive changing response across time (dynamics). Convolution and dynamics are more for people who have heard all the players out there, own all the ones they like and still want something extra that nobody can offer. Well, that's what I think :D

e.g. For the Meze, if you're saying that the Meze is too polite with its highs to start with and the Cayin added some needed aggressiveness, you can get similar results on the RS8 by pushing "Impulse Response" and "Air" to the right on the RS8. This may also improve the bass perception because what we perceive as impactful bass is actually a broadband phenomenon :)

HiBy Stay updated on HiBy at their facebook, website or email (icons below). Stay updated on HiBy at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/hibycom https://store.hiby.com/ service@hiby.com
Jun 7, 2023 at 6:00 PM Post #2,295 of 3,437
I have the Elites with me but not able to get much joy from it. How are you listening to it in terms of the settings on the RS8? are you using balanced? I am looking to get something to convert the 1/4" to 4.4mm balanced but can't find one easily.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back