HiBy RS8 flagship Darwin R2R Android DAP -- Class A -- news and impressions thread
Feb 6, 2023 at 6:30 PM Post #1,786 of 3,436
How's it driving your rognir? OK or is a desktop better for that?

Feb 6, 2023 at 6:31 PM Post #1,787 of 3,436

Alright I finally got it!
Starting to warm up 😄

@Joe Bloggs may you please ask HiBy team on the resolution date for Tidal not downloading tracks issue?

Feb 7, 2023 at 1:31 AM Post #1,788 of 3,436
Good desktop setup would always be better even for easy-driving planars 🙂

Overall RS8 drives Rognir quite well.
I find that Turbo mode is essential to be turned on even with IEMs.
Also there is something interesting happening with the Gain setting, it looks like Low gain has the best depth of the stage and spaciousness.
Non burned-in unit seem to be more shouty than burned-in one even with ECL-03 pads.
Let’s see if it changes over the time. For now Rognir is a bit on a brighter side for me.

Feb 7, 2023 at 1:33 AM Post #1,789 of 3,436
Feb 7, 2023 at 2:00 AM Post #1,790 of 3,436
74B1BCB6-03C6-4213-A20E-6EBF756A4302.jpeg
Alright I finally got it!
Starting to warm up 😄

@Joe Bloggs may you please ask HiBy team on the resolution date for Tidal not downloading tracks issue?
Is that TIDAL tidal or tidal inside hibymusic?

HiBy Stay updated on HiBy at their facebook, website or email (icons below). Stay updated on HiBy at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/hibycom https://store.hiby.com/ service@hiby.com
Feb 7, 2023 at 4:21 AM Post #1,791 of 3,436
Is that TIDAL tidal or tidal inside hibymusic?
Regular Tidal, not inside HiBy music, thank you 🙂

Downloading of songs just never starts.
image.jpg

Feb 7, 2023 at 4:43 AM Post #1,792 of 3,436
Regular Tidal, not inside HiBy music, thank you 🙂

Downloading of songs just never starts.
I don't own RS8 but looking at your picture you don't have WiFi connected?

Feb 7, 2023 at 5:37 AM Post #1,793 of 3,436
Good desktop setup would always be better even for easy-driving planars 🙂

Overall RS8 drives Rognir quite well.
I find that Turbo mode is essential to be turned on even with IEMs.
Also there is something interesting happening with the Gain setting, it looks like Low gain has the best depth of the stage and spaciousness.
Non burned-in unit seem to be more shouty than burned-in one even with ECL-03 pads.
Let’s see if it changes over the time. For now Rognir is a bit on a brighter side for me.
Very interesting. Yes I agree turbo seems to make everything sound better

Feb 7, 2023 at 5:39 AM Post #1,794 of 3,436
Those are Audio-Technica ATH-WP900.
They have additions (pads, tuning, screen protectors on the wood) mentioned in it's thread.
👍
They look beautiful! I need something for the bus. Do they isolate outside noise pretty well? Is the one with the additions available for sale? I’ll check the thread. Thanks

Feb 7, 2023 at 2:17 PM Post #1,795 of 3,436
I don't own RS8 but looking at your picture you don't have WiFi connected?
It’s a bug on the firmware - it would say you have no internet while you have it

Feb 7, 2023 at 2:27 PM Post #1,796 of 3,436
I can also confirm that RS8 is being two levels up if used as a source to desktop amp compared to RS6.
It doesn’t have audible problems to me with dynamic range as it’s lesser sibling.
Out of the box in LO bass has a very clear line, overall very interesting and accurate separation with highs being a tad on top of the vocals.
Also I do enjoy quite pinpoint positioning - it exceeds my expectations in this actually.
Curious what would be the result of the battle between RS8, N8ii and SP3000 for me.

Feb 7, 2023 at 2:33 PM Post #1,797 of 3,436
I can also confirm that RS8 is being two levels up if used as a source to desktop amp compared to RS6.
It doesn’t have audible problems to me with dynamic range as it’s lesser sibling.
Out of the box in LO bass has a very clear line, overall very interesting and accurate separation with highs being a tad on top of the vocals.
Also I do enjoy quite pinpoint positioning - it exceeds my expectations in this actually.
Curious what would be the result of the battle between RS8, N8ii and SP3000 for me.
Of the three I liked RS8 the best. It has more body to the sound I think and very natural vocals like they are whispering in my ears. Looking forward to hearing your thoughts.
Now I’m only curious about the LP6 Ti which I haven’t heard yet.

Feb 7, 2023 at 2:52 PM Post #1,798 of 3,436
Of the three I liked RS8 the best. It has more body to the sound I think and very natural vocals like they are whispering in my ears. Looking forward to hearing your thoughts.
Now I’m only curious about the LP6 Ti which I haven’t heard yet.
There should be LP7 and LP7 Ti around the corner as far as I know

Feb 10, 2023 at 7:04 PM Post #1,799 of 3,436
I think my RS8 has broken in now. Sounds absolutely amazing with my D8000 (non-pro) straight out of the 4.4. Can’t imagine anything sounding much better!

Feb 11, 2023 at 2:08 AM Post #1,800 of 3,436
I once again had the pleasure to demo the RS8 with Dita PPT and truly if I was to sell everything and have this two unit, I would be happy for rest of my life.
PPT keeps on suprising me on how it can scale with different sources. RS8 just enhances all great quality of PPT.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back