HiBy RS8 flagship Darwin R2R Android DAP -- Class A -- news and impressions thread
Jan 16, 2023 at 10:15 AM Post #1,666 of 3,403
Correct! Guys, HiBy Cast isn't available yet. I'll be testing the beta app and reporting back here in the next week or two. @marcusd was using the same beta app for his review. This is NOT the same as HiBy Link, which only works with HiBy Music. HiBy Cast turns your smart device into a full blown remote control for the entire DAP! That means you don't need to pick it up or take it out the bag, you can control every aspect, including volume, from your phone. No other DAP can do this without clunky remote control software.
Hello
I have purchased a RS8, and I had before A&K SP1000, 2000Cu and 3000. I am impressed by the quality of the sound, and the fact that the interface is flawless (and I can not say this last for A&K 3000), but while with the SP3000 I can use a small bluetooth remote from Sony, named RMT-NWS20, which has start/stop button. Volume + Volume,e -, Track + Track -, and this does a perfect job,I paired with the RS8 via bluetooth, but he only does volume + and volume -, he does not start/stop and does not do Track+ or -. Does anybody use a different remote with RS8. I know that Hiby Cast could be a solution, but I owe an iPhone and I don't see any HibyCast app...

P.S: Sorry, at a second attempt of pairing the Sony remote worked correctly with all its keys. I remain with the question about HibyCast for iPhone...
Thank you

Last edited:
Jan 16, 2023 at 4:13 PM Post #1,668 of 3,403
Hello
I have purchased a RS8, and I had before A&K SP1000, 2000Cu and 3000. I am impressed by the quality of the sound, and the fact that the interface is flawless (and I can not say this last for A&K 3000), but while with the SP3000 I can use a small bluetooth remote from Sony, named RMT-NWS20, which has start/stop button. Volume + Volume,e -, Track + Track -, and this does a perfect job,I paired with the RS8 via bluetooth, but he only does volume + and volume -, he does not start/stop and does not do Track+ or -. Does anybody use a different remote with RS8. I know that Hiby Cast could be a solution, but I owe an iPhone and I don't see any HibyCast app...

P.S: Sorry, at a second attempt of pairing the Sony remote worked correctly with all its keys. I remain with the question about HibyCast for iPhone...
Thank you
I never know there is such a thing called remote for DAPs.

Jan 16, 2023 at 4:34 PM Post #1,669 of 3,403
Oh yes, and it works perfectly

Attachments

• IMG_4393.jpg
    IMG_4393.jpg
    458.8 KB · Views: 0
Jan 16, 2023 at 4:39 PM Post #1,670 of 3,403
Oh yes, and it works perfectly
I just hope the remote can be smaller. I had my DAP inside my running belt while I was listening to music in shuffle mode. Having a small remote to control DAPs would be nice.

Jan 16, 2023 at 5:03 PM Post #1,671 of 3,403
I have been using the Sony Remote (you may find in eBay from Japan) and a Van Nuys Vertical case (also from Japan) that you may connect to the belt, with A&K SP1000, SP2000Cu, SP3000 and now RS8 (this last is just at the limit of the size, but there's no bigger case. The bad new is that, while I purchased the remote for around 70€ some years ago, I see now the price is gone to around 180$...but I walk or hike in average 2 hours per day and this setup is invaluable for me. Of course a working HibyCast for iPhone would allow me to eliminate the remote, because I could also select the albums.

Attachments

• IMG_3275DXO.jpg
    IMG_3275DXO.jpg
    2.8 MB · Views: 0
Jan 16, 2023 at 5:49 PM Post #1,672 of 3,403
I have a similar Van Nuys case that I purchased for a LG v50, a long time ago. Now, I use the case with the RS8.
It's a tight fit, but the velcro straps in the back allow for some adjustment.. works well. But the RS8 is a bit too heavy for wearing it on your belt.

Attachments

• 20230116_143727.jpg
    20230116_143727.jpg
    2.6 MB · Views: 0
  • 20230116_143754.jpg
    20230116_143754.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 0
Jan 16, 2023 at 6:18 PM Post #1,673 of 3,403
Yes the case seems bigger but is no more available apparently…I agree that the RS8 is heavy at the belt…but I am not yet ready for a shoulder holster 😃
By the way, while reading the RS8 review from headfonics, I have noted a Hot Monster Output plugin, but I am not able to find it…do you have any suggestions for this?

Jan 17, 2023 at 2:53 AM Post #1,675 of 3,403
Yes the case seems bigger but is no more available apparently…I agree that the RS8 is heavy at the belt…but I am not yet ready for a shoulder holster 😃
By the way, while reading the RS8 review from headfonics, I have noted a Hot Monster Output plugin, but I am not able to find it…do you have any suggestions for this?
its among the MSEB online profiles, check MSEB

Jan 17, 2023 at 3:18 PM Post #1,679 of 3,403
I suddenly don't have Google play store anymore and can't install any apps. Anyone else notice this?
on latest firmware, and after a factory reset, it automatically is enabled. On older firmware or you can enable it in settings/Apps.

A while back I reported the MQA "crackling" issue to HiBy.
They acknowledged the issue and implemented a fix for it in the new 1.10 firmware.

However, I'm still running into the issue.......
From reading it seemed like Tidal issue
Hi, the problem is still exist if i am using 3rd party app like UAPP or Tidal.
But HibyMusic is no longer having this problem
looks like Tidal confirmed issue.
I guess Tidal may need to work with Hiby for the fix.
I agree bugs will go away sooner than later.

its among the MSEB online profiles, check MSEB
Yep that's it. It is downloaded when selected, once your on WiFi ..

I tried most those MSEB plugins, (which are separate from the Darwin Controler preset options), and personally I didn't see much benifits apart from the "Sound field" plugin, which doesn't loose anything, like the others seem to do. That one adds a bit extra liveliness and space to the sound. I add it sparingly with it's adjustment bar.
edit** I found that I also like the tube setting in "mastermind" plugin.

I don't think those specific optional settings are available on DSD, as I didn't hear any effect when toggled on and off.

Also, I also noticed DSD even doesn't need any extra settings, as it sounds very lifelike, (even more? from memory) than the last two past daps I tried (ibasso 300max, dx320).

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back