HiBy RS6 Android DAP - Snapdragon 660, 4+64GB, 5” full HD, Darwin R2R, FIR, NOS, MQA 16x, copper chassis
Jul 8, 2022 at 7:32 PM Post #2,461 of 3,178
Guys if you already own RS6 you should try it with Custom Art Fibae 7 Ultimate, crazy sinergy!

00B5F448-5F60-4200-962A-32B340C6E437.jpeg

Jul 9, 2022 at 9:20 AM Post #2,463 of 3,178
I like it but DMAGIC do the best through RS6+C9

Jul 19, 2022 at 4:52 AM Post #2,464 of 3,178
until today i still cant hear the difference using harmonic controller and atmosphere enhancer. Is it just me or there really is some differences?

Jul 19, 2022 at 7:57 AM Post #2,465 of 3,178
until today i still cant hear the difference using harmonic controller and atmosphere enhancer. Is it just me or there really is some differences?
I was able to hear on Traillii that atmosphere adds a bit to soundstage width and harmonics difference was audible for me clearly starting from value 20. Also max level of harmonics noticeably smoothed the sound for me.

Jul 19, 2022 at 3:49 PM Post #2,466 of 3,178
~10 min ago I upgrade my RS6 to new FW - 1.50G_20220707-2033. They fix USB DAC 3.0 mode, new Hiby music...

Jul 19, 2022 at 5:14 PM Post #2,467 of 3,178
OTA update not working, getting a "no network" (I am wifi connected, Via browser working) error even after clearing cache like prior users suggested. Also, 1.50 fw not posted on HiBy website to permit manual / local update. @Joe Bloggs / others, suggestions please as I really want to be able to use as USB 3.0 DAC, Thanks.

Jul 19, 2022 at 5:20 PM Post #2,469 of 3,178
You just have to be patient. I cleared my cache several times, no success, walked away and pretended to ignore the little toerag, then took it by surprise and the update suddenly worked.
@sarnhelen you are spot on, now able to d/l and update in progress. Thanks.

Jul 19, 2022 at 8:21 PM Post #2,471 of 3,178
Press the 3 dots in upper right hand corner of update screen.

Jul 22, 2022 at 6:38 AM Post #2,472 of 3,178
Greetings Head-Fi! The arrival of HiBy's next-generation Hi-Res Android Player, the RS6, is just around the corner. This thread will feature the latest information about the all-new 'Darwin' architecture, along with anything else we learn about the player before its official release. It will also serve as the impressions thread once the player is available. Expect more news and information leading up to the official release in early September. Meanwhile, enjoy the eye candy below.

DSC02719.jpg
DSC02718.jpgDSC02724.jpgDSC02732.jpg
I received my RS6 a few days ago following a week or two of back and forth texting. My early impressions of the unit are quite favorable, but that's not why I'm writing. Hiby's customer service is as strong and as innovative as their hardware. I never waited past the end of a given business day for a response to one question or another from me regarding the RS6. I've always found a correlation between the response time & customer service of any business to potential customers and the hardware that business sells. Hiby's customer service is rock solid. I've followed the audiophile hobby for a dozen years and consider my opinion worthwhile. Hiby is a wonderful company to work with on a one on one level. It's been a pleasure for me. A shout out is deserved to an employee named Andrew whose demeanor and service earned him a substantial sale from me. I treated myself to the green leather case for no other reason than it is beautiful protecting the RS6. Had Andrew been less than patient with me or unhelpful I would have gone elsewhere. I didn't and I hope Hiby works to retain their customer-facing staff.

Jul 22, 2022 at 7:04 AM Post #2,473 of 3,178
I received my RS6 a few days ago following a week or two of back and forth texting. My early impressions of the unit are quite favorable, but that's not why I'm writing. Hiby's customer service is as strong and as innovative as their hardware. I never waited past the end of a given business day for a response to one question or another from me regarding the RS6. I've always found a correlation between the response time & customer service of any business to potential customers and the hardware that business sells. Hiby's customer service is rock solid. I've followed the audiophile hobby for a dozen years and consider my opinion worthwhile. Hiby is a wonderful company to work with on a one on one level. It's been a pleasure for me. A shout out is deserved to an employee named Andrew whose demeanor and service earned him a substantial sale from me. I treated myself to the green leather case for no other reason than it is beautiful protecting the RS6. Had Andrew been less than patient with me or unhelpful I would have gone elsewhere. I didn't and I hope Hiby works to retain their customer-facing staff.

Andrew from Musicteck store? He runs the store, and Musicteck is a retailer that sells Hiby and other audiophile equipment, they don't work for Hiby :D

Jul 22, 2022 at 7:17 AM Post #2,474 of 3,178
Andrew from Musicteck store? He runs the store, and Musicteck is a retailer that sells Hiby and other audiophile equipment, they don't work for Hiby :D
I tried to be nice before I had my coffee. Always a mistake. Yes, you are correct. I was trying to leave an opinion for Andrew from Musicteck and Musicteck overall. Well, FWIW, I'm halfway through a healthy cup of coffee. Watch, my next comment will be eloquent.

Jul 22, 2022 at 7:27 AM Post #2,475 of 3,178
I tried to be nice before I had my coffee. Always a mistake. Yes, you are correct. I was trying to leave an opinion for Andrew from Musicteck and Musicteck overall. Well, FWIW, I'm halfway through a healthy cup of coffee. Watch, my next comment will be eloquent.
Well, glad to hear we have chosen a good company to represent us in the US! 🤗

HiBy Stay updated on HiBy at their facebook, website or email (icons below). Stay updated on HiBy at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/hibycom https://store.hiby.com/ service@hiby.com

Users who are viewing this thread

Back