HiBy RS6 Android DAP - Snapdragon 660, 4+64GB, 5” full HD, Darwin R2R, FIR, NOS, MQA 16x, copper chassis
Jun 30, 2022 at 3:04 PM Post #2,446 of 3,178
Jun 30, 2022 at 4:53 PM Post #2,447 of 3,178
Hopefully with multiple HIBY DAP's employing Darwin architecture it will speed release of updates. At present still waiting for update to firmware 1.40 that broke the RS6's USB Audio DAC capability on USB 3.

Jun 30, 2022 at 4:57 PM Post #2,448 of 3,178
Looks like we are gonna have an RS8 now hehe.
actually seems that this is the RS2, entry level Darwin DAP. If you zoom in on the image below, you can see the product name as RS2.

9D584B8F-FE66-425A-A72D-993364976D8C.jpeg

Jun 30, 2022 at 8:59 PM Post #2,450 of 3,178
RS6 is the strangest device for me. Judging after 1.5 months of use. After the first listening I liked the sound. I downloaded Joe's filters — I began to like them even more (I especially like filter №3 post-Nyq brickwall). But then the burn-in process the device began and... for me, the sound is getting worse and worse. It softens more and more, loses pressure / impact and drive more and more, it becomes more and more warm. There are many more things that are perceived as parasitic noise / dirt. It reminds me a lot of tubes. I hate tubes. It is impossible to listen to heavy music on the tubes.

So far, I decided not to listen to this DAP and put it on a long burn-in, the album is played non-stop. If my impressions do not change, then most likely I will have to return to the iBasso DAPs. Or QA361.

I'm really very surprised that I liked the sound right out of the box, but in the process of burning it began to deteriorate (for me).
Hmmm, I definitely don't find RS6 signature "softer" with burn in. The presets related to analogue, digital, hi-fi etc...may be at play, and I also have a very resolving (IMO, cable controversies noted) silver IEM cable. Hopefully your experience will improve over time as mine has. :ksc75smile:

Jul 1, 2022 at 2:48 PM Post #2,452 of 3,178
Jul 1, 2022 at 3:18 PM Post #2,453 of 3,178
Interesting, if this is somewhere around 200-300$ i will try to buy it.

They said on their Weibo page "3-4k" when someone asked about the price. Assuming they are talking about 3-4K Chinese Yuan, that puts it around $450-$600 USD.

They also said it will be "small and handy" and a "Return to the original, pure tone. This is probably the purist music player we have so far. It has no other functions you can think of" which means no Android or streaming.

I love the idea of a small and handy R2R pure music player, but I am disappointed that the screen does not take up the entire front panel like the R3Pro, plus $450-$600 seems like a lot of money.

Jul 1, 2022 at 3:26 PM Post #2,454 of 3,178
They said on their Weibo page "3-4k" when someone asked about the price. Assuming they are talking about 3-4K Chinese Yuan, that puts it around $450-$600 USD.

They also said it will be "small and handy" and a "Return to the original, pure tone. This is probably the purist music player we have so far. It has no other functions you can think of" which means no Android or streaming.

I love the idea of a small and handy R2R pure music player, but I am disappointed that the screen does not take up the entire front panel like the R3Pro, plus $450-$600 seems like a lot of money.
Hmmm 450-600$ might not suit my budget. I already have two DAPs now, R5 Gen 2 and Shanling M7. So I will mostly spend 250-300 on to it. Maybe if since it brings R2R Tech I might give 400 at max.

Jul 2, 2022 at 9:00 AM Post #2,455 of 3,178
I find hiby rs6 is very pleasant and warm but i wanted more soundstage like the R8 any way to increase it?

Jul 3, 2022 at 2:19 AM Post #2,456 of 3,178
There are 2 settings you can try to see if they are to your liking:
1. Darwin controller --> atmosphere enhanced (to my ears affects stage and perhaps some crossfeed effect)
2. Audio Settings --> Plugins --> Sound field (if not available, try the settings gear in upper right of Plugin screen and download it from online options presented)

Good luck!

Jul 3, 2022 at 3:18 AM Post #2,457 of 3,178
There are 2 settings you can try to see if they are to your liking:
1. Darwin controller --> atmosphere enhanced (to my ears affects stage and perhaps some crossfeed effect)
2. Audio Settings --> Plugins --> Sound field (if not available, try the settings gear in upper right of Plugin screen and download it from online options presented)

Good luck!
hello thank you for the response . I tried the atmosphere enhancer i am not sensitive enough to notice the difference. But with the soundfield it is very noticable. Thank you. Are there any drawback when using the plugin?

Jul 3, 2022 at 3:40 AM Post #2,458 of 3,178
hello thank you for the response . I tried the atmosphere enhancer i am not sensitive enough to notice the difference. But with the soundfield it is very noticable. Thank you. Are there any drawback when using the plugin?
None that I am aware of, just preference as to sound you enjoy best!

Jul 4, 2022 at 11:04 AM Post #2,459 of 3,178
None that I am aware of, just preference as to sound you enjoy best!
I notice something when using the soundfield plugin the imaging isnt great and there are some distortion sometimes. Is it just me?

Last edited:
Jul 4, 2022 at 11:24 AM Post #2,460 of 3,178
HiBy Stay updated on HiBy at their facebook, website or email (icons below). Stay updated on HiBy at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/hibycom https://store.hiby.com/ service@hiby.com

Users who are viewing this thread

Back