HiBy RS6 Android DAP - Snapdragon 660, 4+64GB, 5” full HD, Darwin R2R, FIR, NOS, MQA 16x, copper chassis
Jun 12, 2023 at 4:15 AM Post #2,941 of 3,181
Really enjoying the rs6 > cayin c9 (tubes plus class a) to sony ier z1r tghis morning. Lots os ace bass

Jun 12, 2023 at 4:43 AM Post #2,942 of 3,181
Anyone tried portable amps with rs6 ?

How’s the experience with NX7, hum ma1b and pico power? The kobo and c9 albeit great are not feasible in my budget.

Jun 12, 2023 at 1:21 PM Post #2,944 of 3,181
If / when it's available, just tap the Exit button on HiByMusic to close, reopen, go to plugins and check for the new version in the online list (should say something like 1.1 instead of 1.0)
hi joe, I just found 1.1 is available...but sorry, after updating the problem is still there. The gain setting is remaining the same ie unable to save, always locked at the -6db level w/out changing.

Jun 12, 2023 at 5:28 PM Post #2,945 of 3,181
I can't update Hiby Music - when I get the prompt to update - "Update Now" I press it and nothing happens.. Tried 10 times.. Not sure how I can do this..

I got it working in the end had to disable google play protect as it was telling me it's a dodgy app.

I can only see Tidal login though, no Qobuz..

.. nevermind it's in settings, had to change from tidal to qobuz haha

Last edited:
Jun 12, 2023 at 6:10 PM Post #2,946 of 3,181
No, but can you please ask them to enable them systemwide? 😅
Oh man, a systemwide PEQ will solve all my life problems, and I can finally retire and enjoy my final days in peace...

Jun 12, 2023 at 8:53 PM Post #2,947 of 3,181
Liking the Dynamics plugin. will this work with line-out or only headphone out?
It should work with the line out just fine.

HiBy Stay updated on HiBy at their facebook, website or email (icons below). Stay updated on HiBy at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/hibycom https://store.hiby.com/ service@hiby.com
Jun 12, 2023 at 9:42 PM Post #2,948 of 3,181
Anyone tried portable amps with rs6 ?

How’s the experience with NX7, hum ma1b and pico power? The kobo and c9 albeit great are not feasible in my budget.
I've tried the B4-X and the Aune B1s with the RS6. They are an amazing pairing.

Jun 12, 2023 at 9:44 PM Post #2,949 of 3,181
hi joe, I just found 1.1 is available...but sorry, after updating the problem is still there. The gain setting is remaining the same ie unable to save, always locked at the -6db level w/out changing.
Just to follow up, the bug is no more after clearing the app's data.
The gain setting can now be saved w/out problem.

Jun 13, 2023 at 1:06 AM Post #2,951 of 3,181
Thank you, like a new DAP! Tidal is a bit slow, other than that enjoying.

How hard is battery replacement on RS6?
Can't comment as it is not a procedure we officially support (we offer to replace batteries for users at our HQ for a nominal fee out of warranty). I know there are vendors out there selling replacement batteries but can't comment on the operation itself.

HiBy Stay updated on HiBy at their facebook, website or email (icons below). Stay updated on HiBy at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/hibycom https://store.hiby.com/ service@hiby.com
Jun 13, 2023 at 2:23 AM Post #2,952 of 3,181
Thank you, like a new DAP! Tidal is a bit slow, other than that enjoying.

How hard is battery replacement on RS6?
Email Hiby support. Ask them what type the battery is and checkwhere it may be sourced (Aliexpress/Amazon), it may be a standard model. Take your DAP to a good phone repair shop, they will know how to take off the back and install the battery.

Jun 14, 2023 at 5:56 PM Post #2,953 of 3,181
Great synergy with UM Mest MK2 with black background !!!
Color of sound and sound quality reminds me SP2000T but Hiby makes it more musical and liquid.
Did you get a chance to cable roll with this combo ? Rs6 + mest mk2

Jun 14, 2023 at 7:58 PM Post #2,954 of 3,181
Email Hiby support. Ask them what type the battery is and checkwhere it may be sourced (Aliexpress/Amazon), it may be a standard model. Take your DAP to a good phone repair shop, they will know how to take off the back and install the battery.

They asked me to send it to them, very reasonable, I think $20? no mention of battery type. I will wait since I am in Thailand and customs is tough.

It's doable for now, was just hoping for a bit more. Maybe I will go RS8!

Jun 17, 2023 at 8:52 AM Post #2,955 of 3,181
They asked me to send it to them, very reasonable, I think $20? no mention of battery type. I will wait since I am in Thailand and customs is tough.

It's doable for now, was just hoping for a bit more. Maybe I will go RS8!
That’s surprisingly good. Good to know if I ever need it it’s not an arm or a leg.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back