HiBy RS6 Android DAP - Snapdragon 660, 4+64GB, 5” full HD, Darwin R2R, FIR, NOS, MQA 16x, copper chassis
Aug 10, 2022 at 2:31 AM Post #2,506 of 3,177
Hi Guys,

I have sent my RS6 for repair. The forward/next button is getting stuck. Anyone experienced the same with your units?

Did you initially try some contact cleaning spray/pressure air?

Aug 10, 2022 at 5:27 AM Post #2,507 of 3,177
Did you initially try some contact cleaning spray/pressure air?
I did try cleaning it but rather seems to be a physical issue. It's just a week old and I was having the issue from day one. I thought the leather case was so tight it might be causing it.

I requested the seller to replace it with a new one if possible.

Aug 11, 2022 at 4:51 PM Post #2,508 of 3,177
Anyone having static pop noise issues once sample rates are switched or even you just skip some part of a song.
It's massively appearing using some A&K Pathfinder IEM I am currently demoing. Will need to double check with my Odin tomorrow but it seems to be such extreme with the more sensitive IEMs.
Great tonality with RS6 but some slightly audible hissing and the unbearable mentioned pops 🙄
Quite a pity as I liked the pairing otherwise

Last edited:
Aug 11, 2022 at 6:43 PM Post #2,510 of 3,177
I did try cleaning it but rather seems to be a physical issue. It's just a week old and I was having the issue from day one. I thought the leather case was so tight it might be causing it.

I requested the seller to replace it with a new one if possible.
This seems a bit strange. Neither the included orange or the puchaseable green case touch the side buttons, so I can’t see how a tight case would impact those buttons.
Is this the genuine article?

Aug 11, 2022 at 6:59 PM Post #2,511 of 3,177
It sounds like you have some dsp enabled.
But where?
It's happening in every streaming app like plain Tidal, UApp with both Tidal and Qobuz.
I tried enabling / disabling NOS. Same behavior.
In Apple Music the popping sound doesn't occur when skipping inside of a song though but also once sample rate is switched

Aug 11, 2022 at 10:39 PM Post #2,512 of 3,177
HiBy Stay updated on HiBy at their facebook, website or email (icons below). Stay updated on HiBy at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/hibycom https://store.hiby.com/ service@hiby.com
Aug 11, 2022 at 11:14 PM Post #2,513 of 3,177
This seems a bit strange. Neither the included orange or the puchaseable green case touch the side buttons, so I can’t see how a tight case would impact those buttons.
Is this the genuine article?
Yes, as genuine as it gets :smiley:
I don't have my RS6 right now as I sent it for repair. You see the red circle part was touching the forward button before and I had to press the green circle (some padding not made perfect) part in order to get it open a little more. The case is not perfect, the finish is not good. Anyway I am not going to use the leather case anymore when I receive my silicone case.
Screenshot_20220812-080124.png
This is the problem with some of the threads in head-fi. I experienced this myself in a few threads. Whenever someone posts a problem, others say they don't have it. What does that even mean????? No company in the world makes 100% perfect products, someone or the other will be having an issue with something or the other. I have been in this hobby way too long and it's not my habit to criticize a product or company when I have a problem with it. I was just inquiring if others have similar problem as the buttons are so small (more like AK DAPs) compared any DAP I owned before.

I had it only for a very few days and I miss it already. I have my PM2 and Mojo 2 to keep me company but RS6 is so unique sounding that I miss it already.

Last edited:
Aug 12, 2022 at 1:06 AM Post #2,514 of 3,177
The reason why popping occurs when seeking within / between MQA tracks is explained here:
https://www.head-fi.org/threads/r5-a-new-android-dap-by-hiby.912566/page-147#post-15610086
Thx for the response!
However the issue is appearing not only for MQA tracks but for ALL sample rate changes in any app plus when skipping inside of any track, that means also non MQA tracks (only Apple Music is silent when skipping inside of one track but also popping once a sample rate change occurs).
Will test if Odin is behaving the same.
If not it's really a sensitivity issue of the Pathfinder IEM picking up certain circuit noise. As mentioned I'd be really sad as I found the performance of the Pathfinder IEM outstanding with RS6.
Such an engaging organic listening with nice thump and alluring vocals, some nice sparcle on top...

Last edited:
Aug 12, 2022 at 5:14 AM Post #2,515 of 3,177
Thx for the response!
However the issue is appearing not only for MQA tracks but for ALL sample rate changes in any app plus when skipping inside of any track, that means also non MQA tracks (only Apple Music is silent when skipping inside of one track but also popping once a sample rate change occurs).
Will test if Odin is behaving the same.
If not it's really a sensitivity issue of the Pathfinder IEM picking up certain circuit noise. As mentioned I'd be really sad as I found the performance of the Pathfinder IEM outstanding with RS6.
Such an engaging organic listening with nice thump and alluring vocals, some nice sparcle on top...
Quick update
The mentioned popping noise is appearing also with Odin but it's much more subtle so I haven't really found it disturbing before.
Seems with more sensitive IEMs that popping noise is becoming more prominent.
Don't have those with me but I am quite sure e.g the majority of Campfire IEMs will suffer from that more prominent popping noise

Aug 12, 2022 at 11:40 AM Post #2,516 of 3,177
Any listening impressions with Jewel meanwhile?

Aug 12, 2022 at 9:03 PM Post #2,517 of 3,177
Yes, as genuine as it gets :smiley:
I don't have my RS6 right now as I sent it for repair. You see the red circle part was touching the forward button before and I had to press the green circle (some padding not made perfect) part in order to get it open a little more. The case is not perfect, the finish is not good. Anyway I am not going to use the leather case anymore when I receive my silicone case.

This is the problem with some of the threads in head-fi. I experienced this myself in a few threads. Whenever someone posts a problem, others say they don't have it. What does that even mean????? No company in the world makes 100% perfect products, someone or the other will be having an issue with something or the other. I have been in this hobby way too long and it's not my habit to criticize a product or company when I have a problem with it. I was just inquiring if others have similar problem as the buttons are so small (more like AK DAPs) compared any DAP I owned before.

I had it only for a very few days and I miss it already. I have my PM2 and Mojo 2 to keep me company but RS6 is so unique sounding that I miss it already.
You mistake my response for a defence of the company. Two factors - one as originally described, I could not see how you were getting the impact. There is a 3mm gap between the buttons and case, so it would have to be very bad workmanship to hinder use of the button, Second there is a glut of counterfeit goods on the market, which often manifests poor workmanship. Hence my response. Your picture makes it clear that an ill-fitting case is indeed both possible and to have an impact on the hardware. No criticism intended of you, nor an overly proactive defence of Hiby - just a query based on an initial statement.
I understand your viewpoint - unfortunately there are too many fan-bois on Head-fi who won't hear anything negative about their product (and some of whom go the other extreme and wildly claim other products are deeply flawed). Those of us who seek other datapoints can get washed out by the volume...
Glad to hear you're getting a positive response from the reseller.

Aug 12, 2022 at 10:56 PM Post #2,518 of 3,177
I know you sold RS6 meanwhile but any quick statements regarding pairing with EVO?
I liked the combo from what I can remember. It wasn’t until I got the Jewel, then I noticed it losses out in detail and separation. The EVO had nice vocal presence with the RS6. I probably would have kept the RS6 is it had a little better battery life.

Aug 15, 2022 at 1:08 PM Post #2,520 of 3,177
Do the developers of Hiby take suggestions from users?

I find it very strange that there is no such simple functionality as a sleep timer.

I often listen to music before going to sleep, and the player can only be set to turn off when playback stops. Unfortunately, this doesn't work when your playlist is long enough to drain your battery before playback stops.

Will this feature appear?

maxresdefault.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back