HiBy RS6 Android DAP - Snapdragon 660, 4+64GB, 5” full HD, Darwin R2R, FIR, NOS, MQA 16x, copper chassis
Aug 15, 2022 at 5:54 PM Post #2,521 of 3,177
Do the developers of Hiby take suggestions from users?

I find it very strange that there is no such simple functionality as a sleep timer.

I often listen to music before going to sleep, and the player can only be set to turn off when playback stops. Unfortunately, this doesn't work when your playlist is long enough to drain your battery before playback stops.

Will this feature appear?

maxresdefault.jpg
Have you tried something like this?

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=ch.pboos.android.SleepTimer

Aug 15, 2022 at 6:42 PM Post #2,522 of 3,177
Any listening impressions with Jewel meanwhile?
Not bad but I preferred Jewel with N6ii Ti R01.
Unfortunately I sent back Jewel and I can’t listen with M9 that will come this week.

Aug 15, 2022 at 10:01 PM Post #2,523 of 3,177
Do the developers of Hiby take suggestions from users?

I find it very strange that there is no such simple functionality as a sleep timer.

I often listen to music before going to sleep, and the player can only be set to turn off when playback stops. Unfortunately, this doesn't work when your playlist is long enough to drain your battery before playback stops.

Will this feature appear?

maxresdefault.jpg
Your suggestion is well noted :)

Best regards,
Joe
HiBy Music

HiBy Stay updated on HiBy at their facebook, website or email (icons below). Stay updated on HiBy at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/hibycom https://store.hiby.com/ service@hiby.com
Aug 16, 2022 at 9:09 AM Post #2,524 of 3,177
The RS6 with the Jewel sounds a bit compressed and lacked the detail and separation the Jewel has with other DAPs. I’d say it suits EVO or Mest/Indigo better.
Thx!
Can you comment on U12t as I saw you were about to try it too before

Aug 17, 2022 at 5:49 PM Post #2,526 of 3,177
Thx!
Can you comment on U12t as I saw you were about to try it too before
If you’re looking for a full BA consider also Fibae7 ultimate, match incredible good with RS6, maybe wouldn’t be hard to demo in Germany.
Ask to @piotrus-g

Aug 17, 2022 at 8:23 PM Post #2,527 of 3,177
Hiby RS6 is a great pairing with the Symphonium Helios, very tastefully done. Love the bass dynamics and the smooth treble in this combination.

Aug 17, 2022 at 8:30 PM Post #2,528 of 3,177
Look RS6 match very well with full BA, I really enjoy it with Ace and F7u, But M9 also 😜

Aug 17, 2022 at 8:58 PM Post #2,529 of 3,177
I listed my RS6 for sale because I got M9 and it has a bit better sinergy with my IEMs but I still consider RS6 a great dap.
RS6 and M9 has similar tuning

Last edited:
Aug 18, 2022 at 3:34 AM Post #2,530 of 3,177
I listed my RS6 for sale because I got M9 and it has a bit better sinergy with my IEMs but I still consider RS6 a great dap.
RS6 and M9 has similar tuning
Am struggling with a similar approach but currently only have Odin as IEM which is great but harsh in upper mids as is well known without PEQ.
Looking for a good all-rounder with DD bass (as I think no BA can really match DD here and I definitely need some good quality bass and sense of impact), smoother BA mids with better timbre and estat treble which has a good synergy with mainly Indie, Rock, EDM.
Will get a VE EXT on loan soon but not sure about its fit yet.
Am hesitant switching Odin as it's hard to keep its technical level, resolution and details when looking for my mentioned requirements with other IEMs...
As for smoother presentation in order to tame Odin plus having a wider IEM synergy while still keeping high technicalities I was considering going for M9 or even back to my beloved former M8

Last edited:
Aug 18, 2022 at 8:55 AM Post #2,531 of 3,177
Am struggling with a similar approach but currently only have Odin as IEM which is great but harsh in upper mids as is well known without PEQ.
Looking for a good all-rounder with DD bass (as I think no BA can really match DD here and I definitely need some good quality bass and sense of impact), smoother BA mids with better timbre and estat treble which has a good synergy with mainly Indie, Rock, EDM.
Am hesitant switching Odin as it's hard to keep its technical level, resolution and details when looking for my mentioned requirements with other IEMs...
As for smoother presentation in order to tame Odin plus having a wider IEM synergy while still keeping high technicalities I was considering going for M9 or even back to my beloved former M8
What's your desired PEQ settings? Can be done in convolver

HiBy Stay updated on HiBy at their facebook, website or email (icons below). Stay updated on HiBy at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/hibycom https://store.hiby.com/ service@hiby.com
Aug 18, 2022 at 9:56 AM Post #2,532 of 3,177
M9 is a good mix of RS6+M8, it doesn’t have upper mids forward as RS6 but still have great mids and overall it’s better than M8.
Maybe RS6 isn’t the best matching for Odin that should hav upper mids/lower highs a bit forward

Aug 18, 2022 at 3:52 PM Post #2,533 of 3,177
Hi,
I'm very interested in this DAP and R2R players in general. I currently have Cayin RU6 dongle that gives full bodied sound that I like very much. I was wondering if I will hear a significant improvement in sound if I upgrade to RS6? I only use IEMs, so the power is not an important criteria to go for RS6. I'm only interested in sound improvement. Anyone compared the 2 sound wise?
Thanks

Aug 18, 2022 at 4:33 PM Post #2,534 of 3,177
What's your desired PEQ settings? Can be done in convolver
Hi Joe,
Am often applying a -3db bell at 2khz, Q1 in UApp Tonebooster for Odin.
Would really like to try that convolution approach if you can give me a helping hand.

Aug 18, 2022 at 5:27 PM Post #2,535 of 3,177
Your IMR will benefit for sure, I had R1 zenith, R2 Aten, RAH, Opus mia and PB2, hybrid design needs more power than a dongle can provide.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back