HiBy RS2: dual card slots, Darwin R2R, FIR, NOS, MQA 8x--news and impressions thread
Sep 18, 2022 at 10:16 AM Post #481 of 1,300
It's fine on a laptop, but on a phone it looks like a spam site. There's literally an ad after each paragraph as well as a pop up at the bottom.
Screenshot_20220918-160951.png
That's what I figured. Android is mostly about enabling ads.

Sep 18, 2022 at 10:39 AM Post #482 of 1,300
It's fine on a laptop, but on a phone it looks like a spam site. There's literally an ad after each paragraph as well as a pop up at the bottom.
Screenshot_20220918-160951.png
Luckily I have never seen any adds on the website because of my blockers. If I had to wade through adds like that I would never ever revisit the site. I'd rather pay not having to go through the horror. Or, better, move on.

drftr

Sep 18, 2022 at 11:20 AM Post #483 of 1,300
Luckily I have never seen any adds on the website because of my blockers. If I had to wade through adds like that I would never ever revisit the site. I'd rather pay not having to go through the horror. Or, better, move on.

drftr
Yup, I always forget how turgid/painful this website is when viewing on a phone. It may well be that's worse with particular browsers (Chrome on Android) and particular regions (Europe) but perhaps the owners of the website can also adjust things their end to make it less a spam fest.

Sep 18, 2022 at 11:27 AM Post #484 of 1,300
Use the official AdBlock Browser from the Google Play Store. I do and every single site is ad free, including head-fi.

Sep 18, 2022 at 11:40 AM Post #486 of 1,300

Last edited:
Sep 18, 2022 at 7:48 PM Post #489 of 1,300
I was surprised that MusicTeck brought both RS8 and RS2 to CanJam SoCal and I had the pleasure to demo both. They are all wonderful. RS8 imho is better than the new AK SP3k. RS2 is actually surprisingly good. I will buy RS2 for sure.

RS8 is very heavy and I heard the price (not available yet) will be over $3k, probably close to $3.5k.

Sep 18, 2022 at 10:14 PM Post #490 of 1,300
I was surprised that MusicTeck brought both RS8 and RS2 to CanJam SoCal and I had the pleasure to demo both. They are all wonderful. RS8 imho is better than the new AK SP3k. RS2 is actually surprisingly good. I will buy RS2 for sure.

RS8 is very heavy and I heard the price (not available yet) will be over $3k, probably close to $3.5k.
$3.5k? WOW. Think I'll be passing that one up. I'm of the mind set that I don't think I'll ever spend too much north of $1K for a DAP. Maybe $1500, max. Just not worth it (to me). If I'm going to spend that much, there are other things I'd rather spend that kind of money on.

Sep 19, 2022 at 11:47 AM Post #491 of 1,300
Some MSEB settings to try on the RS2. Copied from the RS6 Analog setting. The RS2 does not have an Analog setting, but can manually set the for the same result.
MSEB
-Overall Termperature: +15
-Bass Extension: -10
- Bass texture: -5
- Note Thickness: +10
-Voice Forward: +5
-Female Overtones: +5
-Sibilance LF: -4
-Sibilance HF: -4
-Musical Impulse Response: +10
-Air: +8

DARWIN
-Harmonic Controller: 150 (I'm trying this at a lower value of 32)
- NOS: On (try and see if you like)

I searched all over trying to find how to play from a Playlist I had created and added music to.
It's in a non-obvious (to me) place
>Music/press the Favorites Star on the upper right. Then can select from: Favorites, /Recents/Playlist/Recently Added
Thank you @ttt123 for sharing this. It was very helpful. On RS2 I've it on high gain, MSEB set to this and after 200 hours of burn in, the audio is very relishable. The timber/tonality, the soundstage width, clarity, the details all come together nicely for a good musical experience.

Even for easy to drive iems, high gain is needed. And definitely the 200 hours of burn-in. Close to 180-190 hours itself, could hear that the sound was settling down.

Customized IEM Presets for VE, 64Audio iems were included with RS6. Can Hiby or someone with RS6 share those settings, if possible?

EDIT: NOS is on as well

Last edited:
Sep 20, 2022 at 1:23 PM Post #492 of 1,300
Thank you @ttt123 for sharing this. It was very helpful. On RS2 I've it on high gain, MSEB set to this and after 200 hours of burn in, the audio is very relishable. The timber/tonality, the soundstage width, clarity, the details all come together nicely for a good musical experience.

Even for easy to drive iems, high gain is needed. And definitely the 200 hours of burn-in. Close to 180-190 hours itself, could hear that the sound was settling down.

Customized IEM Presets for VE, 64Audio iems were included with RS6. Can Hiby or someone with RS6 share those settings, if possible?

EDIT: NOS is on as well
I took a look on the RS6 in Darwin Controller/Customized Presets, and can see all the Presets. There are 10 for 64Audio and 5 for VE. I took a look at the files in player memory to see if there was someplace where the Presets were stored, but did not find anything. It looks like the Presets are built into the Firmware, and not separate files.
I remember reading that @JoeBloggs could build custom presets for a particular IEM, if you gave him the details of what you were looking for. https://www.head-fi.org/threads/hiby-rs6-android-dap-snapdragon-660-4-64gb-5”-full-hd-darwin-r2r-fir-nos-mqa-16x-copper-chassis.958878/post-16681033

I applied the VE Erikonig preset on the RS6, and checked MSEB. It did not change the Analog setting that was showing there, so that workaround of copying the settings(if they were changed by the Preset) is not available.

Also, even if could get hold of the Preset files, don't know if/how they could be applied to the RS2
EDIT: Maybe in the MSEB settings/customize/load . Maybe this is for a future FW change, as pressing the tab does nothing on my RS2

Last edited:
Sep 20, 2022 at 7:59 PM Post #493 of 1,300
Have got a RS2 for causal use at home, mainly with HD650.
Happen to have a Gryphon, and use a USB-COAX cable to link the RS2 & Gryphon.

Just wonder,
1. if I m using the DAC of RS2? Or I m using the DAC of Gryphon?
2. If I link up the RS2 & Mojo2 via USB, I believe I m using the DAC of Mojo. Is it the same case for Coax in to Gryphon?

Appreciate any input.

Sep 20, 2022 at 8:24 PM Post #494 of 1,300

Just wonder,
2. If I link up the RS2 & Mojo2 via USB, I believe I m using the DAC of Mojo. Is it the same case for Coax in to Gryphon?

Appreciate any input.

If you are using USB or coax, you are using the Gryphon's DAC and amp. If you are using line-out, you are using the RS2's DAC and Gryphon's amp.

Last edited:
Sep 20, 2022 at 8:29 PM Post #495 of 1,300

Just wonder,

Appreciate any input.
Correct. The USB cable turns the RS2 into a digital transport to the external DAC/Amp.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back