Hiby R6 Pro - serious upgrade to popular DAP
Dec 31, 2019 at 2:18 PM Post #2,806 of 4,000
Hello R6 Pro Experts. For those of you who
  • run Windows 10
  • use internal SDcard for music storage
  • connect via USB to load tracks to the sdcard
sdcard.png

How do you map the actual storage folder as a drive letter in Windows so I can use it in a variety of ways (ie: from inside Foobar, with various file sync utilities etc, all of which require a drive letter).
Note: yes, I can drag and drop from Windows explorer but that's not optimal.
Note2: I already tried Computer Management-->Storage, the sdcard does not appear.

Thanks for any guidance here.
Not sure if this is related to your question so apologies in advance if not... I found a HUGGGEEEE difference in speed copying many GB of files by popping the card out and putting it directly into the SD slot reader on my Windows laptop. Totally worth the time to pop it out and stick it back in the HiBy

Dec 31, 2019 at 6:44 PM Post #2,807 of 4,000
So here's something rather annoying... a couple days ago, I noticed that the power button seems to be permanently pushed in a little bit. I can still push it with the tip of my pinky finger and it works fine like that but it doesn't come back out all the way. On the positive side, there's little chance of my accidentally turning it on /off :)

I'm thinking of getting one of the new 1TB cards when they drop below ~$200. I've been a glutton with storing offline music on this bad boy from Tidal and Qobuz and I have a lot of DSD's playing through HiBy music and my 512 is filling rapidly. I wonder if it would be as easy as just copying the directories over from the old card (on a Windows PC for instance) onto the new one and popping it in the R6?

You probably got skin build up under or such. You'll need electric Contact Cleaner and spray it. Like how a stuck mouse or keyboard button is fixed.

I used to be Electrical Contact Cleaner from Radio Shack...... No idea where to get it nowadays.... Guitar Center?

https://www.guitarcenter.com/CAIG/DeoxIT-D5S-6-Spray-Contact-Cleaner-Rejuvenator-5-oz.gc

Jan 1, 2020 at 1:37 PM Post #2,811 of 4,000
Do these still have RF interference problems after the last few firmware updates? Been eyballing this for the collection for a while now.

Early on there was confusion as to noise being heard out of the R6 Pro. Here is the breakdown...

1. Electromagnetic interference - WiFi or cellular signals being picked up by the R6 Pro. Yes, there is still this interference. In my case if my phone is at least 5 inches away from the R6 Pro then I hear no interference. This represents, in my opinion, a physical design flaw - improper shielding or filtering in the signal path. As an electrical engineer I can be pretty confident in that assessment, but as I haven’t seen the schematics or the physical build I can’t be certain. This cannot be fixed by firmware. It is a physical problem.

Some have claimed they hear this interference even when their phone is nowhere near their DAP. If that is true, and they are truly being bathed with that much radiation, they may want to rethink having kids :). But, more likely it is the second type...

2. Hissing from sensitive IEMs. This is a problem with high drive strength amps which tend to have higher noise floors, and very sensitive IEMs. I have a number of IEMs that suffer from this, and when I look at other DAP threads or the threads associated with those IEMs I see this is a common problem and not solely an R6 Pro problem. I do not think this is a firmware addressable problem. One solution is to purchase an IEMatch type of adapter. Or just use less sensitive IEMs. Or buy a different DAP.

Jan 3, 2020 at 7:14 AM Post #2,812 of 4,000
I wanted to purchase an R6 Pro in the UK. Hiby sells directly on Amazon.co.uk, but only has two daps and a set of seeds. Also, they don't take the UK VAT off and as a resident of Jersey, Channel Islands, I don't have to pay it.

Hiby's only UK dealer, ADvancedMP3Pleayers.co.uk only has two R6's, one of which is ex dem. I asked them today when they would be getting the Pro back in stock, and got this reply:

Hi Darren

Probably not I'm afraid as we are moving away from stocking any of HiBy's products.

Kind Regards,

Linda
(Advanced MP3 Players Sales Team)

Ticket Details
===================
Ticket ID: TIX-843729
Department: Sales
Priority: N/A

So Hiby seems finished in the UK?

Jan 3, 2020 at 8:26 AM Post #2,813 of 4,000
I wanted to purchase an R6 Pro in the UK. Hiby sells directly on Amazon.co.uk, but only has two daps and a set of seeds. Also, they don't take the UK VAT off and as a resident of Jersey, Channel Islands, I don't have to pay it.

Hiby's only UK dealer, ADvancedMP3Pleayers.co.uk only has two R6's, one of which is ex dem. I asked them today when they would be getting the Pro back in stock, and got this reply:

Hi Darren

Probably not I'm afraid as we are moving away from stocking any of HiBy's products.

Kind Regards,

Linda
(Advanced MP3 Players Sales Team)

Ticket Details
===================
Ticket ID: TIX-843729
Department: Sales
Priority: N/A

So Hiby seems finished in the UK?

https://store.hiby.com/products/hiby-r6-pro

Can they compete with this price?

Jan 3, 2020 at 7:04 PM Post #2,815 of 4,000
I wanted to purchase an R6 Pro in the UK. Hiby sells directly on Amazon.co.uk, but only has two daps and a set of seeds.

You're confusing amazon with our ex-dealer Advanced MP3 Players here. There are plenty of R6 pros and other HiBy goodies on amazon UK.

Also, they don't take the UK VAT off and as a resident of Jersey, Channel Islands, I don't have to pay it.

We'll see what we can do to fix that.

HiBy Stay updated on HiBy at their facebook, website or email (icons below). Stay updated on HiBy at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/hibycom https://store.hiby.com/ service@hiby.com
Jan 4, 2020 at 7:42 AM Post #2,818 of 4,000
Hi, is it possible to listen to music connecting the Hiby R6 Pro to an external desktop DAC (that will be connected to an external amp) with a USB cable?
Yes absolutely, it makes for an excellent (and super clean) transport that way. Via SPDIF too.

Jan 4, 2020 at 9:27 AM Post #2,819 of 4,000
Hi, is it possible to listen to music connecting the Hiby R6 Pro to an external desktop DAC (that will be connected to an external amp) with a USB cable?

Yes - at home I have 3 “desktop” listening stations throughout the house and that is my use model on two of them (Topping D50s is the DAC on one and SMSL M500 on the second). At work I also use the R6 Pro as a transport device driving either my BTR5, il-DSP, or 9038s as DCA/Amps.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back