Hiby R6 Pro - serious upgrade to popular DAP
Apr 16, 2019 at 9:44 PM Post #1,711 of 4,000
Why spend an afternoon? Convert Tidal playlist in Soundiiz to Qobuz playlists.
On Play Store the reviews are pretty poor - at least there are more 1 star than 5 star reviews... what has been your experience? Do you have the paid version?

Apr 16, 2019 at 10:29 PM Post #1,712 of 4,000
Hi, new R6 Pro owner here!
How can I get, whenever I enter to an artist, all his albums in chronological order (like A&K DAPs) instead of having all the artist's songs in alphabetical order?

Thanks in advance!

As far as I know, the Hiby app doesn't allow you to adjust how the music is organized when you first enter an artist's library. However, once you enter an artist, in the middle of the screen you should see "Shuffle all." To the right of that is a little CD-looking icon with three lines. Clicking on that will list the albums for that artist alphabetically. Unfortunately, you have to do this every time you open up a specific artist.

Apr 17, 2019 at 3:53 AM Post #1,713 of 4,000
On Play Store the reviews are pretty poor - at least there are more 1 star than 5 star reviews... what has been your experience? Do you have the paid version?

What review? Since there is no app, as far as I know, I have no idea what service you're referring to. They provide a webapp service and yes, I pay for it. Just because I was immediately surprised how exactly it meets my needs. Maybe I don't even need the paid version just for syncing my Spotify Release Radar and Discover Weekly playlists with Tidal But in my opinion, these guys do a great job, so I don't care the 4.50 USD/month.

Apr 17, 2019 at 5:09 AM Post #1,714 of 4,000
As far as I know, the Hiby app doesn't allow you to adjust how the music is organized when you first enter an artist's library. However, once you enter an artist, in the middle of the screen you should see "Shuffle all." To the right of that is a little CD-looking icon with three lines. Clicking on that will list the albums for that artist alphabetically. Unfortunately, you have to do this every time you open up a specific artist.

Thanks a lot! The albums are not yet organized in chronological order but it is still a nice step forward :)

Apr 17, 2019 at 5:29 AM Post #1,715 of 4,000
What are the Special offers on this week? Because there is nothing for the moment!!!

Apr 17, 2019 at 2:03 PM Post #1,716 of 4,000
Thanks a lot! The albums are not yet organized in chronological order but it is still a nice step forward :)

As far as I know, there's no way to sort them chronologically unless you put the year in the album title tag. I didn't even know A&K daps did that to be honest. That's a really neat feature.

Apr 17, 2019 at 2:07 PM Post #1,717 of 4,000
FYI: Got an email from Hiby this morning. They're having a sale from April 17th until April 22nd. The R3 is knocked down to $159, R6 Aluminum to $399, and R6 SS $499. The only "deal" for R6 Pro is if you add on an ATH-CKR100 and 4.4 balanced cable.

Edit: I put "deal" in quotes because that jacks the price up to $1,199.00.

Last edited:
Apr 17, 2019 at 11:26 PM Post #1,719 of 4,000
What review? Since there is no app, as far as I know, I have no idea what service you're referring to. They provide a webapp service and yes, I pay for it. Just because I was immediately surprised how exactly it meets my needs. Maybe I don't even need the paid version just for syncing my Spotify Release Radar and Discover Weekly playlists with Tidal But in my opinion, these guys do a great job, so I don't care the 4.50 USD/month.

I went to the Play Store as I thought you were referring to an app by that name. And yes, they actually do have an app, and it is poorly reviewed.

I now look and see that they have a web site as well. I will check that out.

Thank you for your assistance.

Apr 18, 2019 at 2:40 PM Post #1,721 of 4,000
***LED ISSUE***

Anyone can chime in on this one...

I am trying to decide before my return policy with the Amazon dealer I purchased this R6 Pro expires.
The light on the side of this unit... It is supposed to either be red, pulse red, flicker red... something when it is plugged in to power and charging?

Should mention, this is plugged in to a USB wall wart, nothing playing, no wifi or bluetooth connected, no apps open, no activity at all?

My unit appears to be charging if I click the power button to look at the screen and see the little lightning bolt in the battery area, but the red light comes and goes and just goes blank for long periods of time
while charging that makes me wonder if there is an issue with the LED.

I am also curious, because sometimes with zero activity or connectivity of any kind, the blue light will just stay on indefinitely and I have to reboot the device to get the blue light function to go back to normal.
Just wanting to know if I have a defective unit here so I can exchange before the clock expires on me.

Also, I will mention, that the light does appear to light the correct color for the file type it is playing when in use (blue for normal files, green for hi-res, white for DSD).
Anyone with any info on this, please hit me up and let me know.

Thanks in advance.

@Joe Bloggs

Apr 18, 2019 at 4:55 PM Post #1,722 of 4,000
Hello,

I bought an R6 Pro from someone on eBay, but it appears to be a Chinese version without the Play Store. Is there a way to get the Play Store onto the device by either installing it or by flashing the International firmware onto my device?

Apr 18, 2019 at 11:33 PM Post #1,724 of 4,000
***LED ISSUE***

Anyone can chime in on this one...

I am trying to decide before my return policy with the Amazon dealer I purchased this R6 Pro expires.
The light on the side of this unit... It is supposed to either be red, pulse red, flicker red... something when it is plugged in to power and charging?

Should mention, this is plugged in to a USB wall wart, nothing playing, no wifi or bluetooth connected, no apps open, no activity at all?

My unit appears to be charging if I click the power button to look at the screen and see the little lightning bolt in the battery area, but the red light comes and goes and just goes blank for long periods of time
while charging that makes me wonder if there is an issue with the LED.

I am also curious, because sometimes with zero activity or connectivity of any kind, the blue light will just stay on indefinitely and I have to reboot the device to get the blue light function to go back to normal.
Just wanting to know if I have a defective unit here so I can exchange before the clock expires on me.

Also, I will mention, that the light does appear to light the correct color for the file type it is playing when in use (blue for normal files, green for hi-res, white for DSD).
Anyone with any info on this, please hit me up and let me know.

Thanks in advance.

@Joe Bloggs

You can turn off the LED light on the power button from Settings.

Apr 19, 2019 at 3:02 AM Post #1,725 of 4,000
Well, I have the Legends X.
Now I'm wondering, would this be a substantial upgrade coming from a first gen FiiO X7?
I have the FiiO X7 Mkii with the AM3A module using $200 5BA IEMs and I noticed a positive difference. I would imagine those $2000 Hybrid IEMs would reveal even more out of the R6 Pro.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back