Hiby R6 Pro - serious upgrade to popular DAP
Apr 16, 2019 at 2:19 AM Post #1,696 of 4,000
MQA need licensing. This was raised up by FiiO and upon further check, seem like the case.
Yeah, needs licensing for the FULL unfolding. But the Tidal app can do the first unfold - 48K to 96K when online. With license and proper hardware then can do 96K to 192K (if the track supports it), both online and offline.

The issue is that the current Tidal app and R6 Pro don’t play nice and even the app executed unfold breaks if you download the track and try to play it offline. You have to go back to an older Tidal version for the first unfold to work correctly... and I am unwilling to go the apk route.

Apr 16, 2019 at 3:01 AM Post #1,697 of 4,000
All this talking about MQA made me curious: can you hear a difference between Tidal high quality and Tidal MQA? And between 48k and 96k? (not using Tidal byt Deezer which only has high quality option).

Apr 16, 2019 at 4:09 AM Post #1,698 of 4,000
All this talking about MQA made me curious: can you hear a difference between Tidal high quality and Tidal MQA? And between 48k and 96k? (not using Tidal byt Deezer which only has high quality option).
Hmmmmm. That’s a trick question. If you say yes, half of Hi-Fi-dom will blast you as a loon... if you say no the other half of Hi-Fi-dom will brand you as a heretic.

Let’s just say that as long as the price is not too high, I’ll take more bits and more sampling.

Apr 16, 2019 at 4:12 AM Post #1,699 of 4,000

I like to think I can hear a difference but in reality I'd probably struggle if blind tested between Flac and MQA

Apr 16, 2019 at 7:07 AM Post #1,700 of 4,000
R6 pro arrived form the USA this morning, excellent service form MusicTeck, would highly recommend for any UK/EU buyers.

Very early impressions are very positive, loaded Tidal from the play store. Streaming is excellent, by far the quickest WiFi I've experienced in any DAP so far. Downloads were also very quick, not far off the speed using my smartphone, never had this with any other WIFi enabled DAP.

Listened to a few tracks with my Senn 660 on 4.4mm balanced. Really inpressed so far, not as laid back as the Sony WM1a but probably a little more detailed with a bit more energy.

Apr 16, 2019 at 8:03 AM Post #1,701 of 4,000
R6 pro arrived form the USA this morning, excellent service form MusicTeck, would highly recommend for any UK/EU buyers.

Very early impressions are very positive, loaded Tidal from the play store. Streaming is excellent, by far the quickest WiFi I've experienced in any DAP so far. Downloads were also very quick, not far off the speed using my smartphone, never had this with any other WIFi enabled DAP.

Listened to a few tracks with my Senn 660 on 4.4mm balanced. Really inpressed so far, not as laid back as the Sony WM1a but probably a little more detailed with a bit more energy.

Any customs charges?

Apr 16, 2019 at 8:05 AM Post #1,702 of 4,000
I have one as new for sale

Apr 16, 2019 at 8:17 AM Post #1,703 of 4,000
Apr 16, 2019 at 8:20 AM Post #1,704 of 4,000
I have one as new for sale

Don't like it? Prefer something else? DAP just not for you?
Curious as to why you are getting rid of yours.
I am thoroughly loving mine. I will say it's a touch heavy for my taste in terms of portable/carry DAP... but I really enjoy just about every feature of mine and regularly use them all.

I play FLAC through USB Audio Player Pro (full featured Android and Play store)
Stream Qobuz (Wifi)
Play offline Hi-Res (internal storage)
Use bluetooth pretty frequently
Enjoy 750mW of power (4.4 pentaconn balanced jack)
Control the player at home hooked up to stereo (Hiby Link on iPhone)

Just can' think at the moment something I don't love about this thing.
It needs new screen protectors as the ones it comes with are trash... other than that, can't complain.

Anyway - curious as to why you are bailing on yours.

Peace

Apr 16, 2019 at 3:50 PM Post #1,705 of 4,000
Hi Duncan, give Option1 a shot, if not try Option2.

Option1:
Hardware reset:

Hold the power button for 30 seconds+ until it restarts.

Option2:
Enter Recovery:

Hold power button and volume up until it resets and you see hiby logo.
Let go power but keep hold of volume up, you will enter recovery with the droid on his back and it will say 'no command'.
Now to get the hidden menu, hold power button and tap volume up, you will get the menu.
With the volume keys select factory reset and tap power button it will reset to factory, now with the volume keys select power off and tap power button.
Turn back on and you should be fine (it will take a while after a factory reset and will probably show an encrypting screen and reboot again)

I had the same problem with the R6. Back then, I didn't try option 1, I just sent back to Amazon, waited for the money and bought the R6 Pro. After 1 day the same problem with the R6 pro. Charging over night, the next mornig the device was turned off and didn't start when pressing power button for 5-10s. Not again, I thought… tried Option 1, success, since then it works like a charm.

Apr 16, 2019 at 3:54 PM Post #1,706 of 4,000
Don't like it? Prefer something else? DAP just not for you?
Curious as to why you are getting rid of yours.
I am thoroughly loving mine. I will say it's a touch heavy for my taste in terms of portable/carry DAP... but I really enjoy just about every feature of mine and regularly use them all.

I play FLAC through USB Audio Player Pro (full featured Android and Play store)
Stream Qobuz (Wifi)
Play offline Hi-Res (internal storage)
Use bluetooth pretty frequently
Enjoy 750mW of power (4.4 pentaconn balanced jack)
Control the player at home hooked up to stereo (Hiby Link on iPhone)

Just can' think at the moment something I don't love about this thing.
It needs new screen protectors as the ones it comes with are trash... other than that, can't complain.

Anyway - curious as to why you are bailing on yours.

Peace
I do like it but I have too many daps and my wife demands some are sold

Apr 16, 2019 at 4:39 PM Post #1,707 of 4,000
Yeah, I have both... but maybe not for long... I have had Tidal for longer, and have many extensive playlists built up, but if I spent an afternoon I bet I could rebuild on Qobuz 85% of my playlists...

Why spend an afternoon? Convert Tidal playlist in Soundiiz to Qobuz playlists.

Apr 16, 2019 at 5:27 PM Post #1,708 of 4,000
Can someone tell me how to get Tidal offline to download to memory card instead of R6 PRO internal memory? This was no problem with Qobuz but I can't figure out how to do it with Tidal.
Edit: never mind figured out how to do it.

Last edited:
Apr 16, 2019 at 5:43 PM Post #1,709 of 4,000
Hi, new R6 Pro owner here!
How can I get, whenever I enter to an artist, all his albums in chronological order (like A&K DAPs) instead of having all the artist's songs in alphabetical order?

Thanks in advance!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back