Hiby R6 Pro - serious upgrade to popular DAP
Feb 27, 2019 at 10:15 PM Post #1,126 of 4,006
When you see the no command message, press the Vol+ and power button together again...u should be able to see the usual menu options after that.

For how long do you press and hold it together the 2nd time? I did that before, short and longer press, doesn't work.

... never mind, got it! when I'm pressing Vol+ & Power for the 2nd time, have to do it right away once I see the dead android, otherwise it doesn't work.

Last edited:
Feb 27, 2019 at 10:36 PM Post #1,127 of 4,006
I tested again, this works for me when you see the "No command"

If done right, u should be able to do it anytime u see the screen.

Press and hold the power button and press the volume + button (while power button is still pressed)

Doing it again brings u back to the No Command screen.

Last edited:
Feb 28, 2019 at 12:36 AM Post #1,128 of 4,006
@marcusd or @twister6

By chance how is R6 pro pair with solaris... more on HISS / Noise perspective....

Reading the review from Marcusd, "Notwithstanding the level of hiss which the Solaris picks up quite easily" so... can you be more straight forward ?

Last edited:
Feb 28, 2019 at 12:38 AM Post #1,129 of 4,006
Crap, I read this too late and updated. Is there a Hiby fix coming to get back the bit perfect output?
What difference does it you hear in the direct audio vs Android SRC on this d vice. The reason I haven't bought a DAP is that my Xperia Z3 does direct audio via USB, I just had to roll the software back to Android 4.4.4, meaning I don't get HD Masters downloads. However I do get 16/44.1 native with NO touching by Android software affecting the overall sound signature of my portable DACs

Feb 28, 2019 at 12:44 AM Post #1,130 of 4,006
@marcusd or @twister6

By chance how is R6 pro pair with solaris... more on HISS / Noise perspective....

Reading the review from Marcusd, "Notwithstanding the level of hiss which the Solaris picks up quite easily" so... can you be more straight forward ?

It picks up hiss, you can hear it. As per the review which I think I covered quite a lot.

Feb 28, 2019 at 12:52 AM Post #1,131 of 4,006
It picks up hiss, you can hear it. As per the review which I think I covered quite a lot.
"Noise is an issue and it is pervasive on sensitive IEMs such as the Solaris and Phantom"

Sorry, My mistake, I was not reading till the end... Thank you for the point out...
It's a very full comprehensive Review... R6 Pro has it's own Benefit also Flaw.... great job..

Edit: since already declare about HISS pairing with SOlaris, so prob I skip this, and wait for DX220..

Last edited:
Feb 28, 2019 at 12:53 AM Post #1,132 of 4,006
"Noise is an issue and it is pervasive on sensitive IEMs such as the Solaris and Phantom"

Sorry, My mistake, I was not reading till the end... Thank you for the point out...
It's a very full comprehensive Review... R6 Pro has it's own Benefit also Flaw.... great job..

happy to help :)

Feb 28, 2019 at 6:52 AM Post #1,133 of 4,006
What difference does it you hear in the direct audio vs Android SRC on this d vice. The reason I haven't bought a DAP is that my Xperia Z3 does direct audio via USB, I just had to roll the software back to Android 4.4.4, meaning I don't get HD Masters downloads. However I do get 16/44.1 native with NO touching by Android software affecting the overall sound signature of my portable DACs
With MQA I felt before update they were more hollographic more 3d sounding probably due to wider dynamic range .im pissed I updated the tidal app.

Feb 28, 2019 at 7:03 AM Post #1,134 of 4,006
Uninstall it and use Aptoide store to choose the version you want.

Screenshot_2019-02-28-12-00-35-232_cm.aptoide.pt.png

Feb 28, 2019 at 8:45 AM Post #1,136 of 4,006
Used it for years, you also have the peice of mind with the green shield that its been checked against the original developers signature.

Screenshot_2019-02-28-13-37-06-967_cm.aptoide.pt.png

You'll probably also find app updates are released quicker on here than on playstore.

Feb 28, 2019 at 8:54 AM Post #1,137 of 4,006
Uninstall it and use Aptoide store to choose the version you want.
never heard of it, is this safe and secure?

Yes it is.
Nowadays ur antivirus software, ur browser (chrome or firedox do it for sure), and Google itself would have scanned the link before u open it. If it had potential risk, they will bring u to a warning page.
Or u can just Google "old version Tidal APK", u got plenty of other options.
And frankly, no offence but I don't get why people make such a big deal on Google Play Store since there r plenty of apk sources. For me, play store is just something that will run in the background and drain the battery.

Feb 28, 2019 at 10:21 AM Post #1,138 of 4,006
Yes it is.
Nowadays ur antivirus software, ur browser (chrome or firedox do it for sure), and Google itself would have scanned the link before u open it. If it had potential risk, they will bring u to a warning page.
Or u can just Google "old version Tidal APK", u got plenty of other options.
And frankly, no offence but I don't get why people make such a big deal on Google Play Store since there r plenty of apk sources. For me, play store is just something that will run in the background and drain the battery.
ok, thank you. Was just not familiar with it and your point about battery draining and the play store is very valid. Thanks again

Feb 28, 2019 at 1:58 PM Post #1,140 of 4,006
p.s. Hiby R6Pro anyone? :L3000:
Had a delivery of electronic components this morning for some DAP modding, I tagged a couple more R6Pros onto the order while I was paying the shipping from HongKong.
As usual, cost plus postage to fellow Headfiers :L3000:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back