Hiby R6 Pro - serious upgrade to popular DAP
Feb 27, 2019 at 9:44 AM Post #1,096 of 4,006
TIDAL fans, do NOT update to the latest version of the app (2.11.5, as it breaks the bit perfect beta mod from Hiby. Seems like Hiby will have to keep updating their software, every time Tidal updates their app. Everything is back to playing at 44.1K. Shouldn't DTA take care of this natively? Guess using USB Audio Player Pro is the better option if you DONT need offline access.

Anyone running Qobuz? If so, can you detail if you can playback bitperfect through the R6Pro?

Our review is now up on the R6 Pro - plenty to talk about :)

https://headfonics.com/2019/02/hiby-r6-pro-review/

Very complete review. That's a pretty high rating, considering the noise/emi issues and increased noise floor (by specs and actual ear testing). Screen, speed, power, MSEB, and other positives are spot on. Good job!

Also has anyone figured out how to set the bitrate to 384k in ths Hiby app, my app maxes at 192k?

Feb 27, 2019 at 9:47 AM Post #1,097 of 4,006
TIDAL fans, do NOT update to the latest version of the app (2.11.5, as it breaks the bit perfect beta mod from Hiby. Seems like Hiby will have to keep updating their software, every time Tidal updates their app. Everything is back to playing at 44.1K. Shouldn't DTA take care of this natively? Guess using USB Audio Player Pro is the better option if you DONT need offline access.

Anyone running Qobuz? If so, can you detail if you can playback bitperfect through the R6Pro?

Very complete review. That's a pretty high rating, considering the noise/emi issues and increased noise floor (by specs and actual ear testing). Screen, speed, power, MSEB, and other positives are spot on. Good job!

Also has anyone figured out how to set the bitrate to 384k in ths Hiby app, my app maxes at 192k?

Yes, the noise floor will be an issue to those with highly sensitive IEMs, though I found the IEMatch cable still to be the weapon of choice when pairing with the R6 Pro (it also reduces the EMI considerably). Once you go up to less efficient IEMs and headphones its a non-issue. How you see it, depends on your gear I guess.

Feb 27, 2019 at 10:16 AM Post #1,098 of 4,006
Yes, the noise floor will be an issue to those with highly sensitive IEMs, though I found the IEMatch cable still to be the weapon of choice when pairing with the R6 Pro (it also reduces the EMI considerably). Once you go up to less efficient IEMs and headphones its a non-issue. How you see it, depends on your gear I guess.
So I suspect with the Shure Se 846’s this will be a problem ?

Feb 27, 2019 at 10:36 AM Post #1,103 of 4,006
Use it with an IEMatch cable and its worth it.
The reason I wanted the Hiby pro version was the low output impedance . You shouldn’t have to use the ie match with
the Hiby pro specs on this . I do have the ie match though.

I have a lot of wireless gear in my house and am also concerned about the electromagnetic interference issue .

Well, I just may straddle the fence for awhile .

Feb 27, 2019 at 10:41 AM Post #1,104 of 4,006
So far based on my usage, the main sources for this interference is the mobile phone and wireless router/AP. if you can stay clear of these (say half metre) the noise issue is almost nonexistent. other wireless devices dont seem to cause an issue.

Feb 27, 2019 at 11:25 AM Post #1,105 of 4,006
So far based on my usage, the main sources for this interference is the mobile phone and wireless router/AP. if you can stay clear of these (say half metre) the noise issue is almost nonexistent. other wireless devices dont seem to cause an issue.

Does this interferance only apply to sensitive IEMs?
I havn't experienced any interference at aIt's dead silent even if I stack the R6 Pro on top of my phone or router. Maybe it'a because I only use less sensitive DD earbuds or big Cans.

Feb 27, 2019 at 12:33 PM Post #1,106 of 4,006
Does this interferance only apply to sensitive IEMs?
I havn't experienced any interference at aIt's dead silent even if I stack the R6 Pro on top of my phone or router. Maybe it'a because I only use less sensitive DD earbuds or big Cans.

It's happening on some devices and not on others. Do you have the intl or the Chinese version?

Use it with an IEMatch cable and its worth it.

Is there a ifi iematch for the 4.4mm jack?

Feb 27, 2019 at 12:40 PM Post #1,107 of 4,006

Too bad for the high noise floor and EMI.I recently sold a dx150 and I was in the market for a new dap for streaming but having some of the most sensitive IEMs in my collection, it seems to me the hiby pro is a no go.I don’t want to add an iematch to be honest.Now I’m puzzled on what to buy.

Feb 27, 2019 at 12:43 PM Post #1,108 of 4,006
It's happening on some devices and not on others. Do you have the intl or the Chinese version?

Is there a ifi iematch for the 4.4mm jack?

There is a 2.5mm one which I use with a 4.4mm adapter.

Feb 27, 2019 at 12:55 PM Post #1,109 of 4,006

I got the Chinese version back in January. Didn't have the patience to wait, and it's way cheaper than the international version :joy:.

Any other fellow users of Chinese version have this electromagnetic interference issue?

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back