Hiby R6 Pro - serious upgrade to popular DAP
Mar 3, 2019 at 4:08 PM Post #1,156 of 4,000
Whoever wants to go wireless with maximum quality (24bit/192KHz, 1.2Mbps by Bluetooth) - here is my thread and review (2nd post, spoiler) of HiBY W5

_DSC0078.jpg _DSC0085.jpg _DSC0097.jpg

Mar 4, 2019 at 5:27 AM Post #1,157 of 4,000
during shuffeling, I noticed that the album name is not shown directly on the display.
For albums without covers, it's rather cumbersome always to tap the properties item on the device to see this information.
Is there a solution for this ?

Mar 4, 2019 at 4:23 PM Post #1,158 of 4,000
Anyone having trouble linking a Android phone w hiby app to the r6pro via hiby link? I've gotten both to recognize each other asking for a code but a message at bottom pops up that it's unrecognized
I had no problem w r3 and my Android phone But r6pro won't connect. It's international version and phone is essential phone w Android pi OS.

Mar 4, 2019 at 4:39 PM Post #1,159 of 4,000
Well i listened briefly the R6 Pro and the audio quality is amazing . I did run into emi interference when playing the device close to my very powerful Orbi Pro router. Interesting enough I turned my chair away( back towards the router) from the router and it
for the most part went away. I plan to use this device mostly for mobile so I am not too worried about the emi issue.

The Hiby has a gorgeous screen and the sound quality is better imo than the original R6 .

I did the update that fixed Tidal outputting at the incorrect sample rate but havent had time to check this.

The Pro is fairly heavy but I can still put it in my pocket no problem.

I will be comparing the 3.5 and 4.4 jacks in the next few days. . I listened briefly to the 4.4 and it sounds incredible.

Last edited:
Mar 4, 2019 at 4:50 PM Post #1,160 of 4,000
Anyone having trouble linking a Android phone w hiby app to the r6pro via hiby link? I've gotten both to recognize each other asking for a code but a message at bottom pops up that it's unrecognized
I had no problem w r3 and my Android phone But r6pro won't connect. It's international version and phone is essential phone w Android pi OS.

Just tried it for the first time now it it worked just fine first time. International Rom. (This was using bluetooth)

Mar 6, 2019 at 1:40 PM Post #1,167 of 4,000
Anyone know the 4.4mm balanced out pinout?
Can I assume it's the standard Pentaconn?

img_033.jpg

I'm not getting any signal out of the balanced out... just want to make sure it's a cable issue and hopefully not a player issue...

Mar 6, 2019 at 6:22 PM Post #1,169 of 4,000
Anyone know the 4.4mm balanced out pinout?
Can I assume it's the standard Pentaconn?

img_033.jpg

I'm not getting any signal out of the balanced out... just want to make sure it's a cable issue and hopefully not a player issue...

Apparently I'm weak and didn't push the connector in all the way... All is good

Users who are viewing this thread

Back