Hiby R6 Pro - serious upgrade to popular DAP
Dec 29, 2018 at 6:32 PM Post #183 of 4,006
Yeah, no prob with link. :)

Unit is not sample and I have no connection with them. It was bought.

where did you buy from? where do you live?
direct link and if taobao, how do you get shipped to usa.

i've briefly tried navigating taobao but i can't seem to select anything on the 32gb ish area in the square, can click but doesn't get selected.

Also, 800 is a higher-end DAP, can it compare with other DAPs in that price range? (i.e. NW-Z / W) I recently got Fiio M6 and have played around a lot with the AP80 that my friend got (mine got lost in mail and hidizs won't reship) and although I like both of them and they are very portable, sound quality can't compare with NW-ZX2 or NW-WM1A.

Last edited:
Dec 29, 2018 at 8:59 PM Post #184 of 4,006
I just hope they have a re-think about the pricing or else ill have to look at something else.... question is what else.

Dec 29, 2018 at 9:15 PM Post #187 of 4,006
I’d be interested in the thoughts of you ladies and gentlemen on something. Apologies if it is slightly off topic (feel free to PM instead).

So long as there aren’t any showstopper issues that HBB or others discover I’m going to be getting the R6 Pro (almost regardless of price) as I’m finding myself on the move and less desk bound these days. I have a pair of HD800 which aren’t suitable for mobile use (open back being more an issue to me than size). I’m thinking of getting a pair of HD820s to effectively replace them. Has anyone had much experience with them in a mobile setting (especially with the R6)? Any other thoughts?

Dec 29, 2018 at 9:31 PM Post #188 of 4,006
The A&K SR15? I would also be curious about other options at that price tier.
Difficult to compare SR15
upload_2018-12-30_7-57-4.png

with this R6 Pro

Single-ended Headphone Output (3.5mm) Output Power 245mW+245mW @32Ω
(4.4mm) balanced Output Power 750mW+750mW @32Ω

Dec 30, 2018 at 9:55 AM Post #190 of 4,006
hi, just leaving mark here, since I was being pointed for this R6 pro....

was looking for sabre DAC... with Streaming onLine and Offline capabilities....

I was interested with R6, and love the signature of Black Aluminum (more warmer) rather than Stanless steel... but the high output impedance make me back off, I own Ebuddy, and it changes the SS on my IEM....

Anyway, be waiting if the demo is available in my country... hear to believe, thats what I learn from the other thread.. .
Cheers

Dec 30, 2018 at 10:22 PM Post #194 of 4,006

Very Neutral DAP.
WiFi is quite strong.
Power is ...very potent out of balanced. I use 30 on volume where I used 50 on regular R6

That’s a slick looking cable you’ve got there. I’ve ordered a couple of 4.4mm terminated cables myself, but nothing that gorgeous!

Dec 30, 2018 at 10:24 PM Post #195 of 4,006

Very Neutral DAP.
WiFi is quite strong.
Power is ...very potent out of balanced. I use 30 on volume where I used 50 on regular R6

HBB, is R6 pro need Ifi iematch? in term of Hiss / noise background..

I don't like using my Ifi earbuddy, really change sound signature....

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back