Hiby R6 Pro - serious upgrade to popular DAP
Mar 9, 2019 at 4:50 PM Post #1,231 of 4,000
It may also have something to do with what headphones you're using out of which port.

I'm using a pair of campfire andromedas which are some pretty sensitive IEMs, and they work flawlessly without any emi interference issues with my replacement device. I'm just left wondering how much of this devices Emi issues are just a matter of quality control considering how flawlessly my new device works.

Edit: using 4.4mm balanced

Mar 9, 2019 at 4:50 PM Post #1,232 of 4,000
What do u mean by release date? The shipment date?

I literally mean the date the product is widely released to the public. While the R6 Pro is currently available, it doesn't seem like it's actually been properly released yet, as only some random sellers have the item in stock, and even then their stock is minimal. When someone places a pre-order, this generally means the product won't be available for another few weeks or months.

Drips of news is the new thing

That's a fair point, though I'd personally be happier if companies just held onto information until they were 100% ready to move forward with a product's launch. Maybe that's just me, though.

Mar 9, 2019 at 6:08 PM Post #1,233 of 4,000
I literally mean the date the product is widely released to the public.

The official release event was held in China in September 2018. R6 Pro is no iPhone so the event wasn't broadcasted worldwide. I didn't find out until December. In fact, it was a joint event as Hidizs AP80 was released together. The international version is the same machine plus Google services (which I think it's totally unnecessary).

When someone places a pre-order, this generally means the product won't be available for another few weeks or months.

Depends on the company I guess. For example Samsung galaxy S10 pre-order event started on Feb 21, my wife placed the pre-order on Feb 27, phone arrived on March 8. That's pretty damn fast. But I guess Hiby is no Samsung either.

Mar 9, 2019 at 6:55 PM Post #1,234 of 4,000
The noise issue strikes me as being a bit overblown, FWIW. Not sure if these are considered sensitive IEMs, but I've been using the Alclair RSM Quad (both balanced and unbalanced), Noble X (both), ATH-IM03, and FLC8S, and I haven't noticed any hiss during casual use.
So you're liking the RSM R6 Pro combo? I have the RSM 4 years now and was looking for a great balanced DAP for them.

Mar 9, 2019 at 7:43 PM Post #1,235 of 4,000
I literally mean the date the product is widely released to the public. While the R6 Pro is currently available, it doesn't seem like it's actually been properly released yet, as only some random sellers have the item in stock, and even then their stock is minimal. When someone places a pre-order, this generally means the product won't be available for another few weeks or months.

That's a fair point, though I'd personally be happier if companies just held onto information until they were 100% ready to move forward with a product's launch. Maybe that's just me, though.
People are just splicing your words hence I understand you needed to repeat something that's painfully obvious. This release was poorly handled.

I don't like the drip of news either but everyone wants to stay in the news now. I'm with you, I just want a release so I can buy it. Instead people "build hype" now.

Mar 9, 2019 at 7:55 PM Post #1,236 of 4,000
I'm having a problem getting my Hiby R6 Pro to be recognized by my external DAC ( Musical Fidelity V90 )??
I play the R6 through my Marantz SA8004 CD player digital in, and it's fine. The SA 8004 serves as an external DAC, and it plays normally. I'm using the coaxial Spdif out, and I'm getting nothing when I hook it up directly to the v90. Oddly enough, when I hook the R6 up to the SA8004, output the digital from the CD player to the V90- it works??
All I can conclude that the direct connection between the R6 Pro and the V90 is not working because the DAC doesn't recognize the audio signal from the Hiby for some reason. When it's process through the Marantz SA8004- it must change the audio signal into something the V90 can read.
Anything I can do so I can hook it directly to my Audio Fidelity V90 and get sound?

Mar 10, 2019 at 12:25 AM Post #1,237 of 4,000
So you're liking the RSM R6 Pro combo? I have the RSM 4 years now and was looking for a great balanced DAP for them.

Oh yes. Coming from my last two DAPs (Cayin i5 & Opus #1S), the R6 Pro squeezes every ounce of dynamics out the RSM Quad. Tons of punch, but super forgiving up top without sounding laid back.

I'm also getting some serious "synergy" type stuff with the R6 Pro and ATH-IM03. I used to think talk of synergy was just people fetishizing their own gear, but dang these sound great together.

:ksc75smile::ksc75smile:

Mar 10, 2019 at 12:58 AM Post #1,238 of 4,000
I'm using a pair of campfire andromedas which are some pretty sensitive IEMs, and they work flawlessly without any emi interference issues with my replacement device. I'm just left wondering how much of this devices Emi issues are just a matter of quality control considering how flawlessly my new device works.

Edit: using 4.4mm balanced

Hi, would you mind telling me the date on the label stuck on the back of your device? I’m trying to check the date of manufacture.

Mar 10, 2019 at 1:59 PM Post #1,245 of 4,000
I've tested various manufacturing date R6Pro's and no interference issues unless really close to the source (plus no screen bleed issues either) both China and International ROMs

2018-12-22
2019-01-21
2019-01-22
2019-01-23
2019-01-24

Love this DAP :L3000:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back