Hiby R6 Pro - serious upgrade to popular DAP
Mar 9, 2019 at 1:14 PM Post #1,216 of 4,000
@MichaelHWinn and @MaxwellDot - thank you! I foresee a new purchase :)

Two more questions...

1. the R6 Pro, or the R3?

2. is the R6 Pro actually officially out yet? I can order it from Amazon or Musicteck, but the official site seems to indicate it isn’t yet launched... the site says:
“Expected MSRP: $799 (The R6 Pro is not available yet, the price may vary due to international trade conditions. Leave your email below, get notified & exclusive discount upon launch!)“

Last edited:
Mar 9, 2019 at 1:21 PM Post #1,218 of 4,000
From my perspective, thats exactly why I went the R6 Pro: to get both tidal live streaming and tidal offline. Whereas there are a number of daps out there through which you can get tidal streaming, but beauty of R6 Pro (or R6) is the offline capability. From my research, the R6/R6 Pro is the only DAP that offers that currently. hence for me it was somewhat of an easy decision, given not much competition. I even looked at the LG v30, but the dedicated hardware of the R6 Pro wins the day.

Both Ibasso DX150 and 200 support Tidal offline. The price mark is similar, but the QC is even worse than Hiby. I once bought two DX150 in a row from Amazon, and both dead on arrival.
All A&K 2018 products support Tidal offline. They have much better QC and customer service but of course are more costly. TBH, if money isn't an issue, go with A&K se100.

And by the way, is there any Chinese version R6 pro owner experiencing this widely discussed EMI hissing issue? I have a Chinese version and couldn't hear a thing even when my r6 pro is sitting on top of my router.
Is this an international version - only issue?

Mar 9, 2019 at 1:25 PM Post #1,219 of 4,000

Two more questions...

2. is the R6 Pro actually officially out yet? I can order it from Amazon or Musicteck, but the official site seems to indicate it isn’t yet launched... the site says:
“Expected MSRP: $799 (The R6 Pro is not available yet, the price may vary due to international trade conditions. Leave your email below, get notified & exclusive discount upon launch!)“

According to Hiby's Instagram, the official debut for R6 pro on their web store will be March 11th.
Screenshot_20190309-122257.jpg

Mar 9, 2019 at 1:25 PM Post #1,220 of 4,000
And by the way, is there any Chinese version R6 pro owner experiencing this widely discussed EMI hissing issue? I have a Chinese version and couldn't hear a thing even when my r6 pro is sitting on top of my router.

I vaguely remember someone with a Chinese version saying they were experiencing the hissing issue some pages back. As far as I know, it's not region-specific, it's just a matter of if you get a hiss-less unit or not.

Mar 9, 2019 at 1:27 PM Post #1,221 of 4,000
I vaguely remember someone with a Chinese version saying they were experiencing the hissing issue some pages back. As far as I know, it's not region-specific, it's just a matter of if you get a hiss-less unit or not.
I guess I am a super lucky man.

Mar 9, 2019 at 1:27 PM Post #1,222 of 4,000

Two more questions...

Hiby on their Facebook page just said the following: "There is no more waiting now, R6 Pro is available for pre-order on our HiBy store from March 11th 8:00 am (EST) / 5:00 am (PST). Stay tuned, you will get the best offer of R6 Pro."

I have both the R6 Pro and the R3, and I found myself missing the R6 Pro quite a bit when I was exchanging my R6 for a new unit and using the R3. The cost difference of the two devices is quite substantial, however.

Mar 9, 2019 at 1:29 PM Post #1,224 of 4,000
According to Hiby's Instagram, the official debut for R6 pro on their web store will be March 11th.

Based on their wording, we still don't know the release date. March 11th is just when you'll be able to place pre-orders, which is a little weird they wouldn't just announce both dates at once.

Mar 9, 2019 at 3:07 PM Post #1,226 of 4,000
Based on their wording, we still don't know the release date. March 11th is just when you'll be able to place pre-orders, which is a little weird they wouldn't just announce both dates at once.

What do u mean by release date? The shipment date?
I think Hiby already have the products IN STOCK ready to go, but may not be enough to handle all the orders at once. They will roll out shipments with a first come first serve policy. The later orders may have to wait for the next batch. It's actually very common for small companies like Hiby cuz they don't have the resources like Apple or Samsung to manufacture their product in large scale and they cannot afford any overstock. Hell, even Samsung doesn't tell u the ship date. My wife pre-ordered the Samsung S10 on Feb. 27, but wasn't shipped until March 7.

Well, that's just me speculating based on my experience dealing with small tech companies. I don't know it for a fact. If you aren't sure about Hiby official website, I guess you can order from MusicTeck on Amazon. They will have them back in stock on March 14. In fact, ordering through MusicTeck would be a better choice for US customers. It's much easier to return if you end up not liking it.

Mar 9, 2019 at 3:59 PM Post #1,227 of 4,000
What do u mean by release date? The shipment date?
I think Hiby already have the products IN STOCK ready to go, but may not be enough to handle all the orders at once. They will roll out shipments with a first come first serve policy. The later orders may have to wait for the next batch. It's actually very common for small companies like Hiby cuz they don't have the resources like Apple or Samsung to manufacture their product in large scale and they cannot afford any overstock. Hell, even Samsung doesn't tell u the ship date. My wife pre-ordered the Samsung S10 on Feb. 27, but wasn't shipped until March 7.

Well, that's just me speculating based on my experience dealing with small tech companies. I don't know it for a fact. If you aren't sure about Hiby official website, I guess you can order from MusicTeck on Amazon. They will have them back in stock on March 14. In fact, ordering through MusicTeck would be a better choice for US customers. It's much easier to return if you end up not liking it.
You are almost certainly correct - as I noted, this purchasable on Amazon and Musicteck. The confusion comes from the wording on their official website page for the R6 Pro:

The wording, including such phrases as "The R6 Pro is not avaiable yet" and "get notified & exclusive discount upon launch" are what leads to a modicum of confusion on the topic.

Mar 9, 2019 at 4:03 PM Post #1,228 of 4,000
Roon confirmed Android players will not play bit perfect . They are working on a solution . The green icon shows up as a high quality stream
I mean the screen of the r6

HiBy Stay updated on HiBy at their facebook, website or email (icons below). Stay updated on HiBy at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/hibycom https://store.hiby.com/ service@hiby.com
Mar 9, 2019 at 4:07 PM Post #1,229 of 4,000
Question for those with the R6 Pro... for someone that does not yet have a DAP (use my LG v30 with iFi xDSD as external DAC/amp) but wants to go that route is (a) the R6 Pro “ready” or is it still in extended beta, and (b) for the money is this the way to go, or is there a better DAP?

For background I exclusively listen to Tidal and Qobuz, either streaming or offline. Also, I am a big fan of UAPP as it seems to get around the Android sampling problems and supports bit perfect... is UAPP supported on R6 Pro?
You don't need UAPP to "get around android sampling problems" on the r6 or r6 pro, they're designed to get around that on most apps including the stock music player, all while operating in full android mode.

HiBy Stay updated on HiBy at their facebook, website or email (icons below). Stay updated on HiBy at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

Mar 9, 2019 at 4:09 PM Post #1,230 of 4,000
Both Ibasso DX150 and 200 support Tidal offline. The price mark is similar, but the QC is even worse than Hiby. I once bought two DX150 in a row from Amazon, and both dead on arrival.
All A&K 2018 products support Tidal offline. They have much better QC and customer service but of course are more costly. TBH, if money isn't an issue, go with A&K se100.

It may also have something to do with what headphones you're using out of which port.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back