Hiby R6 Pro - serious upgrade to popular DAP
Mar 6, 2019 at 11:15 PM Post #1,171 of 4,006
Is there any different between r6 pro chinese fw and international fw except the play store?
Can we install any streaming music apk to chinese fw version?

No other difference as far as I know. U can install any streaming app u like using apk file. Play store is kinda unnecessary in my mind.

Last edited:
Mar 7, 2019 at 3:49 AM Post #1,177 of 4,006
Which apk that rely on google service? How about music streaming apk like spotify, tidal, apple music, etc?

None of the ones u mentioned requires Google play service. I have the Chinese version and I stream Tidal every day.
In fact, not even Google play music requires Google service. All u need is an account with subscription.

Last edited:
Mar 7, 2019 at 4:44 AM Post #1,178 of 4,006
Which apk that rely on google service? How about music streaming apk like spotify, tidal, apple music, etc?
I think that apps that are purchased through Google Play Store need to connect to their services to validate license.

Mar 7, 2019 at 9:07 AM Post #1,180 of 4,006
I think that apps that are purchased through Google Play Store need to connect to their services to validate license.
Yes, i need to make sure before buy the chinese firmware. It is cheaper than the international firmware
App purchased through Google store needs Google service to validate. That's correct.
Yet, NONE of the music streaming apps requires purchasing! Tidal, Spotify, Apple music, Google Music, Deezer... These streaming apps are all free. Yes you need to pay monthly subscriptions but those purchases are not through Google store.

Unless u need to use other Apps that are purchased ON Google play store, then by all means go for the Chinese version.

Mar 7, 2019 at 9:12 AM Post #1,181 of 4,006
App purchased through Google store needs Google service to validate. That's correct.
Yet, NONE of the music streaming apps requires purchasing! Tidal, Spotify, Apple music, Google Music, Deezer... These streaming apps are all free. Yes you need to pay monthly subscriptions but those purchases are not through Google store.

Unless u need to use other Apps that are purchased ON Google play store, then by all means go for the Chinese version.
https://f-droid.org/en/packages/com.dragons.aurora/
Has anyone tried this?

Mar 7, 2019 at 11:01 AM Post #1,183 of 4,006
Yeah, works fine for installing apps (including your paid for apps), I posted it a while back for people on china roms, still no google services/framework though if any apps need those.
I ordered the black leather case that says it is for the R6 pro, not the regular R6. The cutouts on the volume side are off center and the case sits on the buttons. Still works but it is cut out wrong. Other side is lined up correctly.
I am sending it back for an exchange to Musickteck. Anyone else have the pro case and have same issues?

Mar 7, 2019 at 11:42 AM Post #1,184 of 4,006
I ordered the black leather case that says it is for the R6 pro, not the regular R6. The cutouts on the volume side are off center and the case sits on the buttons. Still works but it is cut out wrong. Other side is lined up correctly.
I am sending it back for an exchange to Musicteck. Anyone else have the pro case and have same issues?
I just looked closer on my case from Musicteck for R6 pro and the volume buttons are touching on one side. I just sent message about the same issue.

Mar 7, 2019 at 12:11 PM Post #1,185 of 4,006
I just looked closer on my case from Musicteck for R6 pro and the volume buttons are touching on one side. I just sent message about the same issue.
my guess then is all of them are cut from the same pattern and if i send it back i'll get the same back. I could use an exacto blade to finish the cutout but worried it will then start falling apart at some point? I like the case alot, big improvement over the clear case for sure

Users who are viewing this thread

Back