Hiby R6 Pro - serious upgrade to popular DAP
Sep 16, 2020 at 9:47 AM Post #3,571 of 4,006
Hey, anyone having trouble with the Qobuz app on the R6 Pro? When I turn the R6 on and open Qobuz (opens in a few seconds), everything looks normal and I can choose a release or any of my offline albums and tracks. But when I hit the play button on the screen, nothing happens. If I press the R6 Play button on the right side of the DAP, music starts playing but it's from the HiBy Music app

I'm 99.9% sure this is a Qobuz issue but I'm just wondering if anyone else has encountered it. I updated the Qobuz app and see the same behavior

Thanks!

@Joe Bloggs

Sep 16, 2020 at 10:38 AM Post #3,572 of 4,006
Hey, anyone having trouble with the Qobuz app on the R6 Pro? When I turn the R6 on and open Qobuz (opens in a few seconds), everything looks normal and I can choose a release or any of my offline albums and tracks. But when I hit the play button on the screen, nothing happens. If I press the R6 Play button on the right side of the DAP, music starts playing but it's from the HiBy Music app

I'm 99.9% sure this is a Qobuz issue but I'm just wondering if anyone else has encountered it. I updated the Qobuz app and see the same behavior

Thanks!

@Joe Bloggs

With Qobuz, I have got many issues with downloading my playlists on SD cards with android devices (With Fiio M9 and Hiby R6pro) .. it seems to be like a mess with the SD Card when I control on my notebook the SD, and if too many playlists are downloaded, I can't even open Qobuz if the SD is not verified with my Notebook .
So I don't download anymore my playlists. With Tidal I had no issue, but I am not a big fan of the MQA sound, so I only use Qobuz though those issues with android (IOS is OK on internal memory)

Last edited:
Sep 16, 2020 at 5:26 PM Post #3,575 of 4,006
What'd you end up keeping?
Sony’s zx300 nw45 and wm1a and cayin n6II with e01 and t01

lotoo paw s1, e1dag3 and xduoo xd05plus (gen1)

Might end up selling a couple things more, but I’m keeping the Sony’s, just love the house sound with almost all my iems

Sep 16, 2020 at 10:50 PM Post #3,576 of 4,006
With Qobuz, I have got many issues with downloading my playlists on SD cards with android devices (With Fiio M9 and Hiby R6pro) .. it seems to be like a mess with the SD Card when I control on my notebook the SD, and if too many playlists are downloaded, I can't even open Qobuz if the SD is not verified with my Notebook .
So I don't download anymore my playlists. With Tidal I had no issue, but I am not a big fan of the MQA sound, so I only use Qobuz though those issues with android (IOS is OK on internal memory)
I gave up my Qobuz subscription early this year because of the app problems I was experiencing on my R6 Pro. Say what you will about Tidal, but it has behaved for the most part pretty well on the R6 Pro.

Sep 17, 2020 at 6:21 AM Post #3,577 of 4,006
I gave up my Qobuz subscription early this year because of the app problems I was experiencing on my R6 Pro. Say what you will about Tidal, but it has behaved for the most part pretty well on the R6 Pro.

I totally agree that qobuz is not efficient with android recording on SD cards with R6Pro.

Basically as I am using Qubuz only with USB audio player + PEQ pro or mconnect/Bubbleupn+Neutron'sPEQ for my IEM (Z1R) and headphones (Z7M2/Ed15 veritas) => I can't record anyway on SDcards with Qobuz and Tidal. So in this way, I prefer a lossless Qobuz than MQA of Tidal.

Sep 17, 2020 at 7:57 AM Post #3,578 of 4,006
I totally agree that qobuz is not efficient with android recording on SD cards with R6Pro.

Basically as I am using Qubuz only with USB audio player + PEQ pro or mconnect/Bubbleupn+Neutron'sPEQ for my IEM (Z1R) and headphones (Z7M2/Ed15 veritas) => I can't record anyway on SDcards with Qobuz and Tidal. So in this way, I prefer a lossless Qobuz than MQA of Tidal.
Makes sense. For me the difference is that I am often where I have no WiFi or poor cellular and I have to rely on the music stored on my SD care. So a USB audio player is not an option for me frequently.

Sep 17, 2020 at 9:28 PM Post #3,579 of 4,006
I misspoke. I have a jbl clip 3.

I followed all your instructions and put in in SBC. I unpaired and paired again. No change in being connected.

The hiby pairs but doesn't connect.

Any other advice?
I would contact service@hiby.com with a view to replacing the unit. Sounds like a problem with the bluetooth module.

HiBy Stay updated on HiBy at their facebook, website or email (icons below). Stay updated on HiBy at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/hibycom https://store.hiby.com/ service@hiby.com
Sep 20, 2020 at 10:00 AM Post #3,581 of 4,006
I know it has been asked before, but is Apple Music working properly on R6 Pro now? Thanks.

Sep 21, 2020 at 9:32 PM Post #3,582 of 4,006
Hey thanks for this info. Misery loves company, isn't that what they say? :) I love Qobuz's classical offerings, which I think are a little more robust than what Tidal has. I do think that I can hear a difference on MQA stuff now that the R6P has MQA support!

Sep 21, 2020 at 9:33 PM Post #3,583 of 4,006
Just sold my Hiby r6 pro, for the record: excellent player, amazing sound, just couldn’t keep many players as the pandemic has screwed me over badly economically speaking. Thank you @Joe Bloggs for all your support.
Sorry to hear that dude... I've been to Mexico a number of times but never to Mexico city. What a beautiful country...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back