Hiby R6 Pro - serious upgrade to popular DAP
Aug 25, 2020 at 4:19 PM Post #3,542 of 4,006
Aug 26, 2020 at 9:31 AM Post #3,544 of 4,006
I´d like to know how to pair the Hiby WH3 with my R6Pro via the UAT codec. Is this not possible? I thought the R6Pro supports the UAT codec but they only connect via aptx... Thanks!
Have you installed HiBy Blue on your R6 pro?

HiBy Stay updated on HiBy at their facebook, website or email (icons below). Stay updated on HiBy at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/hibycom https://store.hiby.com/ service@hiby.com
Aug 26, 2020 at 10:37 AM Post #3,547 of 4,006
Have you installed HiBy Blue on your R6 pro?
It has been a while since I used the HiBy Blue app. I connected my W5 this morning, opened the HiBy app, and the intro screen is in Chinese (previously it had been in English). I uninstalled and reinstalled it, but no change. Is there a way to return this to English?

Aug 26, 2020 at 10:39 AM Post #3,548 of 4,006
Ha! Now the app did reconnect to the WH3 but I still cannot figure out how to change the codec...
Have you tried to play music? It will show SBC until you play music. I believe you can only change the codec when something is playing, and it will remember after you change for the next time you play music. But all of this is from memory and I might have remembered that wrong...

Aug 26, 2020 at 10:43 AM Post #3,549 of 4,006
Have you tried to play music? It will show SBC until you play music. I believe you can only change the codec when something is playing, and it will remember after you change for the next time you play music. But all of this is from memory and I might have remembered that wrong...
when I play a song, it changes to aptx but unfortunately I cant find a switch or whatever to change it to UAT, even with material the UAT codec is designed for...

Aug 26, 2020 at 10:47 AM Post #3,550 of 4,006
when I play a song, it changes to aptx but unfortunately I cant find a switch or whatever to change it to UAT, even with material the UAT codec is designed for...
Hmmm. I will have to play with my app a bit after I get the Chinese splash screen changed to English and see if I can remember how to change the codecs used.

By the way, there is no content that “UAT codec is designed for”. The codec will transmit at the rate it is designed for, even if your content is lower bit rate than the codec will handle - if I understand correctly how all of this works.

Aug 26, 2020 at 10:52 AM Post #3,551 of 4,006
Hmmm. I will have to play with my app a bit after I get the Chinese splash screen changed to English and see if I can remember how to change the codecs used.

By the way, there is no content that “UAT codec is designed for”. The codec will transmit at the rate it is designed for, even if your content is lower bit rate than the codec will handle - if I understand correctly how all of this works.
ah, ok thanks... btw: if you click on the chinese part written in blue/green in the lower right corner, the apps opens (at least partially) in english...

Aug 26, 2020 at 12:52 PM Post #3,553 of 4,006
ah, ok thanks... btw: if you click on the chinese part written in blue/green in the lower right corner, the apps opens (at least partially) in english...
By the way I too no longer can figure out how to change the codec from the HiBy Blue app. I need to check if this can be done from Developer Options...

Aug 26, 2020 at 1:03 PM Post #3,555 of 4,006
Here with me it cannot be done via the developer options...

OK, maybe @Joe Bloggs will help us out here.

I actually have not used my W5 or W3 in a very long time, instead using BTR5 and Qudelix 5K with LDAC, but your post reminded me that maybe I should do some comparisons.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back