Hiby R6 Pro - serious upgrade to popular DAP
Aug 21, 2020 at 12:32 AM Post #3,526 of 4,006
When using Tidal, could the hiby equalizer not work? it can't be equalized when i hear by tidal.
The Hiby music app is exclusive for your personal library, so you can't. However on the main audio settings menu you have access to the MSEB PEQ or you can install a custom EQ from the Play Store in order to have any tuning on Tidal.

Aug 22, 2020 at 10:07 AM Post #3,527 of 4,006
After I ordered a Hiby R3 pro I was very tempted to buy a R6 pro too. But I knew this is very silly because i already own a Cowon plenue M and what should I do with three dap's? But the devil on my shoulder told me day and night what a beautiful device the R6 pro ss is. So I ordered the R6 pro from Amazon with the strong intention to send it back if it's not better (audible) than my Plenue M. Damn! It's better and very audible. The R6 pro dissolves much better and finer (I would estimate around 10%) than my Plenue M.

So I keep it.

I will use the R3 for outdoors (backpacking, bikepacking), which was my intention anyway.

The only issue I have is my 256gb card which works fine on my Plenue. The system of the R6 crash every time it tried to read it. What can I do?

Aug 22, 2020 at 10:53 AM Post #3,528 of 4,006
After I ordered a Hiby R3 pro I was very tempted to buy a R6 pro too. But I knew this is very silly because i already own a Cowon plenue M and what should I do with three dap's? But the devil on my shoulder told me day and night what a beautiful device the R6 pro ss is. So I ordered the R6 pro from Amazon with the strong intention to send it back if it's not better (audible) than my Plenue M. Damn! It's better and very audible. The R6 pro dissolves much better and finer (I would estimate around 10%) than my Plenue M.

So I keep it.

I will use the R3 for outdoors (backpacking, bikepacking), which was my intention anyway.

The only issue I have is my 256gb card which works fine on my Plenue. The system of the R6 crash every time it tried to read it. What can I do?
Great news. I have both too and also use the R3 on the go.

Regarding the micro sd, I suggest a high speed one, I have both 512gb and 1tb from sandisk and they work flawlessly.

SanDisk 1TB Extreme microSDXC UHS-I Memory Card with Adapter - C10, U3, V30, 4K, A2, Micro SD - SDSQXA1-1T00-GN6MA https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07P9W5HJV/ref=cm_sw_r_em_api_i_netqFb8SW2GZP

Aug 22, 2020 at 11:53 AM Post #3,530 of 4,006
What I really dislike is the user interface of the R6 compared to the Cowon. Wasted space on the Hiby. It takes me ages to get to the letter "Z". (is there a short cut?)

Bildschirmfoto 2020-08-22 um 17.49.13.png

I think I will try the Onkyo HF app.

Last edited:
Aug 22, 2020 at 3:31 PM Post #3,532 of 4,006
Last edited:
Aug 23, 2020 at 2:44 PM Post #3,536 of 4,006
tell me what these options are for, thanks for the help.
"Tonality" adds some harmonic distortion to the output in a simulation of tube output.
"Gain" High gain lets you access more volume.
MSEB is a powerful set of controls to various qualities of the music output that you can access, the terms used are familiar audiophile terms, e.g. https://www.head-fi.org/articles/describing-sound-a-glossary.12328/
DSD gain compensation is a volume control of DSD output relative to non-DSD output. However high levels of this may lead to distortion of DSD output.
Channel balance is, well, you push it to the left your left earphone gets louder, push it to the right the right earphone gets louder.

HiBy Stay updated on HiBy at their facebook, website or email (icons below). Stay updated on HiBy at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/hibycom https://store.hiby.com/ service@hiby.com
Aug 25, 2020 at 6:29 AM Post #3,540 of 4,006
How is the battery life? How long the player will last if I
1. Played local flac files with a wired iem and when using Bluetooth.
3. offline tidal or Spotify files (wired&wireless)
3. Streaming (again wired&wireless)

Is there any lag when streaming and downloading songs at the same time or other simple multitasking

How is the Wi-Fi and Bluetooth connectivity?
Appreciate the help!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back