Hiby R6 Pro - serious upgrade to popular DAP
Jun 13, 2020 at 3:14 PM Post #3,436 of 4,005
:D
So you think untill it's fully charged it’s enough?

Probably hard to charge it more than that. But if somebody tries, let us know :D

Jun 14, 2020 at 7:24 PM Post #3,440 of 4,005
Welp, picked up my R6 Pro to use again today and the skip to next track button doesn't respond. I've also had a frustrating time with poor battery life, laggy OS, and very spotty Wi-Fi. Wonder if I picked up a dud (purchased used on Head-Fi). Anyone else have tips on what I can do? I ran the gamut in terms of trying various mid-tier DAPs and felt like the R6 Pro fit my sound preferences best. I also loved the open Android OS. If I can't get this thing to work better, I feel like I would just go back to running IEMs off my phone or a Radsone ES100/Fiio BTR again.

Jun 17, 2020 at 10:18 AM Post #3,442 of 4,005
Is that just with the R6 or with another dc/amp attached?
No other dc/amp my friend... Listening to some DSD's right now with the LCD-2 connected to the 4.4mm balanced. It sounds amazing and I can't go above 50% volume or it's too loud.

I also connect the R6 to my Nvidia shield in USB-DAC mode with a 16 foot USB cable + a USB-C dongle and watch movies. Atmos movies sound absolutely incredible.

I suspect everyone knows this but just to share something I discovered. If you're copying a large amount of music to your SD card, definitely pop it out and stick it in a card reader slot on your PC. Probably 10x as fast in my experience

Last edited:
Jun 17, 2020 at 12:05 PM Post #3,443 of 4,005
No other dc/amp my friend... Listening to some DSD's right now with the LCD-2 connected to the 4.4mm balanced. It sounds amazing and I can't go above 50% volume or it's too loud...
Quite so. My R6p drives all my cans to ear-splitting volume. Even HEKv2, which is the most demanding can I own (since I sold my HE6se). I can't even take any of them to 50%. I've completely stopped using my external portable amp (CypherLabs AlgoRhythm Duet).
...If you're copying a large amount of music to your SD card, definitely pop it out and stick it in a card reader slot on your PC. Probably 10x as fast in my experience
+1 ... so true!

Jun 17, 2020 at 12:27 PM Post #3,444 of 4,005
No other dc/amp my friend... Listening to some DSD's right now with the LCD-2 connected to the 4.4mm balanced. It sounds amazing and I can't go above 50% volume or it's too loud.

I also connect the R6 to my Nvidia shield in USB-DAC mode with a 16 foot USB cable + a USB-C dongle and watch movies. Atmos movies sound absolutely incredible.

I suspect everyone knows this but just to share something I discovered. If you're copying a large amount of music to your SD card, definitely pop it out and stick it in a card reader slot on your PC. Probably 10x as fast in my experience

Cheers, i took the plunge because of the aliexpress sale so expecting in a coupl of weeks, already enjoying the lcd2s

Jun 17, 2020 at 2:33 PM Post #3,445 of 4,005
I replaced my stock Focal Utopia Cable (3.5mm connector) with Arctic Cable Signum series silver cable and a 4.4 mm plug. Using the HiBy balanced output, the sound quality jumped up a few notches -- it's really full, detailed and smooth. I was considering getting a desktop rig, but now I'm wondering if I even need one. Has anyone here compared the R6P to something like a Topping A90?

IMG_1962.jpeg

Jun 17, 2020 at 2:39 PM Post #3,446 of 4,005
I replaced my stock Focal Utopia Cable (3.5mm connector) with Arctic Cable Signum series silver cable and a 4.4 mm plug. Using the HiBy balanced output, the sound quality jumped up a few notches -- it's really full, detailed and smooth. I was considering getting a desktop rig, but now I'm wondering if I even need one. Has anyone here compared the R6P to something like a Topping A90?

IMG_1962.jpeg

I've got a schiit Heresey and waiting for a topping e30 tomorrow. Will be able too when I get my R6

Jun 18, 2020 at 8:16 PM Post #3,447 of 4,005
How does the sound signature compare with R5? The R5 paired with Empire Ears Nemesis has quite harsh highs with two copper cables I have, and I'm looking for an alternative DAP to see if it would be a better fit.

R6 Pro is on deep sale right, and the bigger form alone might make it attractive enough to upgrade if the highs aren't as offensive as they are with R5. Hopefully BT is strong, as it's useless on the R5 since it doesn't have steady connect even in a jacket pocket.

Last edited:
Jun 19, 2020 at 12:19 AM Post #3,448 of 4,005
I am loving my R6 Pro. From my Elegia's to my Verite Opens to my Tia Trio's this little box of super power handles all of them easily. The highest volume I have gotten to with any of these so far is around 70 from the single-ended jack. Switch to the 4.4mm jack and I need to lower volume quickly or risk losing my hearing. The power from this thing is awesome, but don't forget it has a great user interface (if you're an Android user) and the sound quality is top notch in my book.

Jun 19, 2020 at 3:07 PM Post #3,449 of 4,005
Cheers, i took the plunge because of the aliexpress sale so expecting in a coupl of weeks, already enjoying the lcd2s
Oh dude you'll love them. I work from home and I listen to music for like 8 hours a day on them. They're also awesome for movies - I have a 16 foot USB cable running from my Nvidia shield to the R6 Pro with my LCD-2's plugged into the balanced port. Unbelievable sound, like better than anything I've ever heard in a movie theater

Jun 20, 2020 at 3:01 PM Post #3,450 of 4,005
Hi all, I just bought a Beyerdynamics T5p 2nd gen and it seems they only come with a 3.5mm output jack and a 6.3mm adapter. I haven't received it yet.

Should I try with a 4.4mm replacement cable in order to use it with a Hiby R6 alternative plug or just stick with the 3.5mm stock one? Any recommendations? I only see Sukira and Earmax brands for around $60 each and I don't want to waste money just considering how expensive the T5p is.

I've been using the Hiby R6 pro since launched, with an ATH-MSR7b and 4.4mm connection, and the sound is incredible. A lot of people just talk about noise reduction for long cables, but it seems that it could be more than that with the 4.4mm connection.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back