Hiby R6 Pro - serious upgrade to popular DAP
Apr 18, 2020 at 1:53 PM Post #3,226 of 4,002
Thanks for the reply that’s great colour. The faster UI and ease of use would appeal to me greatly so that might be a deciding factor. I probably won’t use my HD800S’s with them much but my custom noble encores will get daily usage. I use a toxic cables hydra silver cable usually and that sounds like it will work well with both these players. Thanks very much for sharing your experience and knowledge 👍🏻

You are most welcome. Getting both players to try out makes sense. You want to use and invest in the best DAP that will synerigize with your phones. Please consider writing your opinion when you have made your choice.

Given the price category where DX220 is, I feel there are other competitor models to consider too, like AK, Lotoo, Sony and Cayin. Sites like headfonia which review multiple DAPs can give useful information. For me, given my budget, I felt Hiby was a straight choice.

Last edited:
Apr 20, 2020 at 11:24 AM Post #3,227 of 4,002
Interesting -- I downloaded the Neutron eval. It was consistently plagued with noise on one channel (at a time -- problem changed sides occasionally).
Hey guys, I actually downloaded Neutron this weekend. At first, it was extremely frustrating - it was even a pain in the posterior to get it to see my SMB shared folder. But once I did, and I found the setting (buried deep) to output DSD, I was quite happy. I picked up an iFi xDSD this weekend and it was lovely seeing the light indicating that I was getting DSD output. I have Flacbox too - great App overall - but no matter what I do it doesn't seem to output DSD

Apr 20, 2020 at 11:26 AM Post #3,228 of 4,002
Some advice from the collective required please. I'm listening to more music on the go, I'm generally streaming a lot more than i used to at home and on the go. I've been using Qobuz more and more in the last year. On the go I've relied on my iphone X but always preferred the sound quality of my FIIO X5 mk3 and Sony WM1Z. The Sony we all know wont do anything apart from play locally stored music beautifully. The FIIO, well it promised a lot and simply doesn't deliver. Not sure i could ever trust the brand enough to fork out for an M11 PRO or a M15. Ive spent decent cash on cables with the 4.4 balanced connector becasue i own the Sony. So now i want an DAP that will stream as well as download my Qobuz favourites for local playback Jeez if one of them could stream it form my phones hotspot I'd be amazed but thats beside the point. My search as led me to dismiss the FIIO offerings and consider the Hiby R6 Pro or the IBasso Dx220 with the AMP8 4.4 attachment. Both use a modern version of Android, both can connect to my 5 ghz network at home for streaming and dowloading but how well do they do it and how is the sound quality of each. Any wisdom you can impart would be greatly recieved :L3000:
To preface this, I love the R6 and it's a great device. However i wanted a good way to listen to music on the go with my iPhone (because the R6 doesn't have a cell modem) so I picked up an iFi xDSD to augment my setup

I absolutely love this device. I’m listening to MQA Tidal Masters and DSD’s on my JH Lola IEM’s and the sound is unbelievable. I’m using a 2.5mm balanced male -> 3.5 balanced female adapter, which made a pretty dramatic difference versus an unbalanced.

Plenty of power on the IEM’s. Will test with my Audeze LCD-2’s as soon as my 4.4mm balanced female -> 3.5 balanced male adapter arrives

Haven’t tested the Bluetooth yet...

Apr 21, 2020 at 5:13 PM Post #3,229 of 4,002
Mine just arrived. How many hours of break-in is good?

Apr 22, 2020 at 7:00 AM Post #3,231 of 4,002
Help!!!!!! My R6 Pro is all Chinese. No english. How do I change the DAP's language to english. I can not speak/read a word of Chinese. Wish I could.

Apr 22, 2020 at 5:00 PM Post #3,233 of 4,002
Help!!!!!! My R6 Pro is all Chinese. No english. How do I change the DAP's language to english. I can not speak/read a word of Chinese. Wish I could.
Drag settings down from the top of the screen, open system at the bottom, then open top setting which is languages and select English (United Kingdom) or USA as appropriate

Last edited:
Apr 22, 2020 at 5:07 PM Post #3,234 of 4,002
Drag settings down from the top of the screen, open system at the bottom, then open top setting which is languages and select English (United Kingdom) or USA as appropriate
Not getting anywhere. What do I do after cutting DAP on? What does "settings" icon look like? The R3 was simpler.

Apr 22, 2020 at 5:34 PM Post #3,236 of 4,002
My top setting is "WYLAN" which is WiFi. What does the icon for the languages look like?

Apr 22, 2020 at 5:45 PM Post #3,237 of 4,002
My top setting is "WYLAN" which is WiFi. What does the icon for the languages look like?
Scroll down to the bottom of settings and system is the last one. It has a letter i in a circle to the left of it. Click on that to open it. Languages & input is the top setting, with a circular map icon to the left of it. Open that and slect your language from the top setting.

Apr 22, 2020 at 5:58 PM Post #3,238 of 4,002
OK, selected english. Still have Chinese along with some english and some only Chinese.Do I need to reboot the DAP?

Apr 22, 2020 at 6:00 PM Post #3,239 of 4,002
Scroll down to the bottom of settings and system is the last one. It has a letter i in a circle to the left of it. Click on that to open it. Languages & input is the top setting, with a circular map icon to the left of it. Open that and select your language from the top setting. I don't think you've gone far enough. On mine it has a wi-fi icon on the top line, follwed by a bluetooth icon and an audio icon on the right. The cog wheel icon is underneath those. You need to click on that to get to the settings and scroll to the bottom for system

Apr 22, 2020 at 6:01 PM Post #3,240 of 4,002
OK, selected english. Still have Chinese along with some english and some only Chinese.Do I need to reboot the DAP?
It won't do any harm. Do a reboot and try it. If you still have some Chinese, try selecting English (USA) again and do another reboot and see if that clears it. I've had a look at the downloaded manual which doesn't cover how to change the language

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back