Hiby R6 Pro - serious upgrade to popular DAP
Aug 22, 2019 at 9:42 PM Post #2,371 of 4,000
@Joe Bloggs I have my new player, having major issues worse than the chassis bluetooth could ever be. It is losing battery power down to 17% after having the shutoff at 10 minutes. I have also experienced the unit to not power on or show the no command screen. Only way I can get it to go into normal state is to hold the power button and volume button up. Very disappointed in a player that costs so much... I have a new unit that had the 16 beta installed. I think I will be returning this DAP. I cannot accept this poor of quality control for something that costs so much of my hard earned money. Please advise. Thanks for your help.

Aug 23, 2019 at 4:33 AM Post #2,372 of 4,000
We are still wrapping our heads around the ramifications of all this and trying to decide whether it is worth it for you and for us to do this.
Thanks, Joe. I am more interested in playing MQA offline. My problem is that R6 cannot play offline fully unfolded and renderred MQA files outside Tidal/UAPP. Tidal/UAPP unfold only up to 96kHz. Would it be possible to include MQA decoding into a special Hiby Music edition? It could be e.g. free for R6/R5 owners and as in-app purchase for some $ available for all others. Would that work?

Aug 23, 2019 at 9:10 AM Post #2,373 of 4,000
@Joe Bloggs I figured out the no command. When I take the R6Pro out of the case the buttons are overly sensitive and causing the screensaver to come up... However, I am having a different problem. I just purchased a 512GB Sandisk card and the music player is crashing while scanning for music... Thanks for your help!

Aug 24, 2019 at 10:11 AM Post #2,375 of 4,000
I seem to be having problems with a new Sandisk 1TB card (that i bought from Amazon). I had a Sandisk 512GB card that was working fine but decided to upgrade. Installed the card and the R6Pro seemed to recognize it fine and hooked the DAP up to my computer via USB and copied over a bunch of tunes. So far so good. Then when on the device, it shows the music but when I select a file it says "file not found". So I reformatted the card on the R6Pro. The device sees the card. However when I connect the device to my computer it no longer sees the card. What gives?

Aug 24, 2019 at 10:27 PM Post #2,376 of 4,000
To try and fix this, I did the following:
- Go to Settings -> Apps & notifications
- Select HibyMusic
- Select App notifications
- Under categories, you'll find two entries, leave Play control bar alone, but turn off notifications for MusicService
I tried this and the operating temperature seems much less than before.

Aug 25, 2019 at 11:25 AM Post #2,377 of 4,000
Ok, I'll provide an amusing story on a Sunday... Until now, I've been copying files to my HiBy by hooking it up to my Win 10 laptop via USB 3.1. Sometimes takes hours to copy tens of GB at a time.

Today I decided to pop my 512GB SD card into the slot on my laptop and I now I can copy stuff over at 60 MB/sec+. *smacks head* Pretty sure everyone else already knew this. Haha

Aug 25, 2019 at 12:11 PM Post #2,378 of 4,000
Ok, I'll provide an amusing story on a Sunday... Until now, I've been copying files to my HiBy by hooking it up to my Win 10 laptop via USB 3.1. Sometimes takes hours to copy tens of GB at a time.

Today I decided to pop my 512GB SD card into the slot on my laptop and I now I can copy stuff over at 60 MB/sec+. *smacks head* Pretty sure everyone else already knew this. Haha

When I first got the player I did it in a similar way... I used a USB with a micro SD slot and copied 130 gb of music.

When I popped it in the R6 Pro, it didn't recognize any of the music. It could tell that the card had 130 gigs of something on it, but didn't see any actual files.

Then I put it back in my computer, and it was the same... all 130 gigs just became wasted space.

I had to reformat the card and now I have to connect the Hiby to transfer music.

The initial transfer was a pain, but now it's usually just a few albums at a time, so it's no big deal.

Aug 25, 2019 at 5:23 PM Post #2,380 of 4,000
I think I solved my problem but have another. I formatted the 1TB SD card (twice) in the R6 Pro. Then I put the card into a USB drive and copied over music, then put the card into the R6 Pro. So the R6 Pro seems to see the music now (no "file not found" errors).

However I can't hear anything out of the R6 Pro, either thru Bluetooth of connecting a headphone directly. I played with the volume control, and not effect. Any ideas on what the issue is now?

Aug 26, 2019 at 9:24 AM Post #2,382 of 4,000
@Joe Bloggs I figured out the no command. When I take the R6Pro out of the case the buttons are overly sensitive and causing the screensaver to come up... However, I am having a different problem. I just purchased a 512GB Sandisk card and the music player is crashing while scanning for music... Thanks for your help!

I pulled the card out of the R6 Pro and ran chkdsk and there was major corruption on the card which it fixed and the card is fine now...

Aug 26, 2019 at 2:55 PM Post #2,383 of 4,000
Hey guys! Here is my Hiby R6 Pro review. Let me know if I can answer any questions for you.

Cheers! :D

Below are some of the pictures I clicked.

1 Solo.jpeg 1.2 Solo.jpeg 1.3 Solo.jpeg

Attachments

• 1.4 Solo.jpeg
    1.4 Solo.jpeg
    648.9 KB · Views: 0
  • 5 OTB.jpeg
    5 OTB.jpeg
    895 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Aug 26, 2019 at 7:08 PM Post #2,384 of 4,000
If you want to max your screen area. I can recommend Navigation gesture you can customize it the way you want even having no navigation bar very intuitive to use the free version is enough for most of the people
no root needed follow the screen instruction and write from your pc: adb shell pm grant com.xda.nobar android.permission.WRITE_SECURE_SETTINGS

Users who are viewing this thread

Back