HiBy R6 III (Gen 3) Android digital audio player, Dual ES9038Q2M, Class A / AB amplification switch, Snapdragon 665, Open Android 12 OS, DSD512 / PCM768
Sep 17, 2023 at 1:26 PM Post #991 of 1,537
Could you please clarify a little? Do you mean the device has detected 1.30 but during update an error has occur, and after reset again the device has detected 1.30, and update was Ok?
The thing is my device doesn't detect 1.30 via OTA (just has updated to 1.21 after first power on).
If I remember correctly I tried to update from 1.11 to 1.20 but it failed. After that my device stuck at firmware 1.11. It always said that my device is in newest firmware. But after I do a factory reset it detected firmware 1.20 and let me updated normally.

Sep 17, 2023 at 1:30 PM Post #992 of 1,537
If I remember correctly I tried to update from 1.11 to 1.20 but it failed. After that my device stuck at firmware 1.11. It always said that my device is in newest firmware. But after I do a factory reset it detected firmware 1.20 and let me updated normally.
I see, thanks. So, probably it is normal 1.30 is not visible via OTA yet.

Sep 17, 2023 at 3:03 PM Post #994 of 1,537
Dear fellow users,
If i got email from Hiby support correctly - 1.30 was withdrawn because of some issues. They promised to re issue 1.30 quite soon.
It's great that the Hiby team respects customers and admits their mistakes, unlike many other teams. Today is the first my evening with the R6 III.

Sep 18, 2023 at 2:50 PM Post #996 of 1,537
I’ve just checked mine, and and it’s on 1.30, and working with no issues. It’s showing the correct time too.

Sep 20, 2023 at 3:26 AM Post #997 of 1,537
I connect the R6 III to my Fiio K7 via USB C OTG adapter, and it works great. The problem is that the battery from R6 does not charge at the same time.
I know there is this adapter from ddHiFi TC28C Pro but the reviews mentioned that it probably only works with smartphones not with DAP’s.
Anyone using this adapter from ddHiFi?
Does anyone connect the R6 III to a desk DAC/Amp and is able to charge the DAP at the same time? What desk/amp btw?
Thank you!

Sep 20, 2023 at 8:05 AM Post #998 of 1,537
I use mine with a Hiby CR-06 dock, which gives digital output, via coaxial or optical, and charges the R6.

Sep 20, 2023 at 9:18 AM Post #1,000 of 1,537
@Joe Bloggs

So FW 1.31 downloaded. HiBy MSEB has been renamed %1$s out of %2$S......I kid you not. Such a silly mistake. Also what has happened to Folders in HiBy Music App?
Found 'Folders', but %1$s out of %2$ cannot be renamed MSEB.

Sep 20, 2023 at 10:14 AM Post #1,001 of 1,537
@Joe Bloggs

So FW 1.31 downloaded. HiBy MSEB has been renamed %1$s out of %2$S......I kid you not. Such a silly mistake. Also what has happened to Folders in HiBy Music App?
Hi @dharmasteve ,

After communicating with the team, this is unfortunately not a fixed bug that happens to all users, but a random one that crops up for SOME users after this update. It is caused by the addition of terms / strings to the settings page, but it doesn't happen to everybody. Who it happens to, why, we still haven't exactly determined. Fortunately / unfortunately, the issue may be fixed by a factory reset (so you see it is an issue with the update process, not the updated firmware itself).

Best regards,
Joe

HiBy Stay updated on HiBy at their facebook, website or email (icons below). Stay updated on HiBy at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/hibycom https://store.hiby.com/ service@hiby.com
Sep 20, 2023 at 10:27 AM Post #1,002 of 1,537
Hi @dharmasteve ,

After communicating with the team, this is unfortunately not a fixed bug that happens to all users, but a random one that crops up for SOME users after this update. It is caused by the addition of terms / strings to the settings page, but it doesn't happen to everybody. Who it happens to, why, we still haven't exactly determined. Fortunately / unfortunately, the issue may be fixed by a factory reset (so you see it is an issue with the update process, not the updated firmware itself).

Best regards,
Joe
Hi @Joe Bloggs
After update the firmware to 1.31, the plugin setting and mseb have weird names. Will hiby issue a update to fix this or I have to do a factory reset. I rather not factory reset my device if I don't have to

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230920-212109.png
    Screenshot_20230920-212109.png
    87.5 KB · Views: 0
Sep 20, 2023 at 12:02 PM Post #1,003 of 1,537
Hi @Joe Bloggs
After update the firmware to 1.31, the plugin setting and mseb have weird names. Will hiby issue a update to fix this or I have to do a factory reset. I rather not factory reset my device if I don't have to
Agree: as far as factory reset is very time consuming, hot fix would be much more appreciated.

Sep 20, 2023 at 5:33 PM Post #1,004 of 1,537
Hello everyone. I was a lurker for quite some time ago, and just until now I chose to create my account, the reason being exactly this DAP. I got Zeppelin's Deluxe remastered discography from HDTracks and have thoroughly enjoyed it so far. So much so it created a need for me to get such high quality sound on the go and, of course, my iPod wasn't gonna cut the mark. So I dived in looking for an upgrade, spent like three months reading pages of user experience, info and reviews of several equipment and, due to availability in my country on top of budget (this being the cheapest/easiest to pay), I went with the Hiby R6 III.

Now I'm gonna be honest: I know next to nothing on how to HiFi audio properly. I barely know what a DAC is and how it works, I don't know how to equalize at all, and I have a couple of what I think is super entry level equipment: a pair of Sony MDR-1R cans and Sennheiser IE40 PRO IEMs. Hopefully these will be enough to squeeze some juice out of the DAP's true potential, but I'm also looking to educate myself because I want to know how, for example, to use the player as a DAC for my computer, and catch the difference in sound quality for a more pleasant experience. I'm also expecting to be savvy enough to upgrade my equipment to more interesting pastures when it comes to phones/speakers. So overall, I'm looking to give my first step in this medium and gain some knowledge along the way.

So my key takeaways from this player so far have been: use Class A sparingly (the player gets hot), look out for the leather case (the silicone one makes it hard to get to the knob), grant full system access to the SD card to manipulate your files without issue (and get a high speed one), and I guess I'll find out on some things such as MSEB/standalone DAC/streaming services on first hand experience. My player is scheduled to arrive tomorrow, we'll see how it goes by then.

There is however something that makes me scratch my head though: I'm living in Mexico. How hard/complicated is it to get a balanced 4.4 cable outside the US exactly? My headphones have a 3.5 input, so I've been searching for a cable with male 3.5 to male 4.4, but I've been most likely using the wrong searching terms because results in amazon (for example) are so few and far between, it makes me think 3.5 is not meant to to be the de-facto "standard" input when looking for professional equipment. The IEMs I don't even know how the input is called to start looking for a better cable to use with them. So far getting these cables has been the toughest task to complete, but again, I guess this is because "I don't know what I don't know". Does any of you know of a good audio equipment store online to have a good starting point for these little guys?

Thanks everyone for reading, and have a nice day.

Sep 21, 2023 at 1:10 AM Post #1,005 of 1,537
Hey Guys, hope you all are doing good.
Updated the R6iii to 1.31 and after that I am not able to play any songs on spotify nor any videos on you tube. But yes I am able to browse online - just nit able to play anything.
Any solutions....

Cheers Rahul

Users who are viewing this thread

Back