HIBY R6 - DAP Dual DAC Balanced Out - Great Reviews and Over 500% Funded @ Indiegogo!
Jan 27, 2020 at 3:05 PM Post #6,361 of 6,622
I thought it may bo the fault of the Tranya's because they were fairly cheap but if your having issues with your Senheisers then maybe not. I'm getting a new car in the next few weeks that has Bluetooth so the R6 will mostly be connected to that. I'm hoping it will reconnect more reliably to that and i'm going back to wired IEM's for a while out and about.
No the Sennheiser have the issue .. though they are Bluetooth 5 can not see that as a reason ... giving the R6 a couple of days to find a work around , if not back it goes .

Jan 27, 2020 at 3:31 PM Post #6,363 of 6,622
R6 doesn't have BT5...
No neither does my Sony HI-RES Speaker or Yamaha Music Cast Amp but the Sennheiser stay connected to those... you can literally go an inch one way or the other and lose connection..strange.. as i wrote would return the R6 and Get the IBASSO DX160 but that seems to have Bluetooth disconnects issues also.. it's not exactly something you can gen up on prior to buying .. trial and error .. other than the Bluetooth issue, a smashing player.

Jan 27, 2020 at 4:03 PM Post #6,364 of 6,622
No neither does my Sony HI-RES Speaker or Yamaha Music Cast Amp but the Sennheiser stay connected to those... you can literally go an inch one way or the other and lose connection..strange.. as i wrote would return the R6 and Get the IBASSO DX160 but that seems to have Bluetooth disconnects issues also.. it's not exactly something you can gen up on prior to buying .. trial and error .. other than the Bluetooth issue, a smashing player.

I had the Hiby R6 and the iBasso DX160 (i had two) and the DX160 has the worst bluetooth ever. The Hiby was not great, but worked a bit. I use my LG V30 or Samsung S9 plus for Bluetooth LDAC now.

Jan 27, 2020 at 5:20 PM Post #6,365 of 6,622
I had the Hiby R6 and the iBasso DX160 (i had two) and the DX160 has the worst bluetooth ever. The Hiby was not great, but worked a bit. I use my LG V30 or Samsung S9 plus for Bluetooth LDAC now.
I have a One plus 6 and it's excellent for Bluetooth .. it's strange that DAP'S have this issue with Bluetooth when alot of devices have implemented correctly .. are DAP'S best used with wired Headphones and not the likes of Sennheiser MTW'S but that would mean being tied to your DAP at least if the R6 is nearby you can go wire free.

Jan 27, 2020 at 6:35 PM Post #6,366 of 6,622
I find it sad that the Hiby R6 and the iBasso DX160 have such poor Bluetooth when our phones can give a good signal out. I really like to use the Radsone ES100, I can't tell the difference between LDAC and wired (I admit it), so how can any company produce a DAP that can't hold a decent BT signal. 1 + 1 = 3 to some DAP manufacturers. Good bluetooth..... please.

Jan 28, 2020 at 12:01 PM Post #6,367 of 6,622
Hi All. I was having a play around earlier, as you do, messing with the line out /spdif into a Fiio Alpen I have.
It was more to do with having an option to solve any issues with high impedance output should it arise - I’ve yet to find it an issue but my eyes are always drawn to shiny things. Man maths tells me if I can use an existing piece of kit then technically I can add that cost onto any prospective purchases. :D

Anyway. This supplied cable and adapter combo worked.
1BBFC065-7594-43E4-9563-E7A73344ACF9.jpeg A0AF3657-3D3F-429D-8B27-05DE01212D52.jpeg

But clearly it’s not an ideal cable, it’s heavy, thick, long and the adaptor adds a lot of leverage on the ports.
Would anyone be able to advise me on a relatively cheap option that ideally didn’t need the rca adaptor? Just the 4 pole one end to the same other end as on the adaptor in the pic?
Cheers in advance.

Last edited:
Jan 28, 2020 at 1:17 PM Post #6,368 of 6,622
I find it sad that the Hiby R6 and the iBasso DX160 have such poor Bluetooth when our phones can give a good signal out. I really like to use the Radsone ES100, I can't tell the difference between LDAC and wired (I admit it), so how can any company produce a DAP that can't hold a decent BT signal. 1 + 1 = 3 to some DAP manufacturers. Good bluetooth..... please.

Not had any issues with my r6 and bluetooth, but it is only streaming to a pair of sony headphones with the dap in my pocket. Crap wifi yes, bluetooth fine.

Jan 28, 2020 at 1:30 PM Post #6,369 of 6,622
As well as the Bluetooth connection with my Sennheiser being lost unless the R6 is next to me but i am also losing WI-FI connectivity also which again does not happen with other devices.. also i sub to Amazon HD so when going through latest in UHD i clicked on the UHD on the track to tell what quality was being out-put some were indeed in 24bit/48 khz although the R6 is able to give 24bit/192 khz .. but to my surprise most were in what is called Standard ,again not seen this on other devices that i have Amazon HD on such as phone /IPAD /IMAC.

As much as i like the sound of the R6 the reasons for returning is getting bigger.

Jan 28, 2020 at 1:40 PM Post #6,371 of 6,622
Not had any issues with my r6 and bluetooth, but it is only streaming to a pair of sony headphones with the dap in my pocket. Crap wifi yes, bluetooth fine.

Hi, bluetooth would work if I was not moving and next to the ES100, but if I stood up and moved even a couple of feet. It could drop even though they were still together. With the DX160 the bluetooth was just not usable. I liked the Hiby R6 and the WiFi was OK on mine. I had the stainless steel version, but bluetooth is important to me so I couldn't keep it. The SQ on the DX160 was excellent but it was obviously shipped out before they fully tested bluetooth. I'm back to using my LG V30 or FiiO M6. The V30 still holds up in SQ and after updating to Android 9 LDAC is great.

Jan 28, 2020 at 1:58 PM Post #6,375 of 6,622
No, I am not buying it from Amazon or any other shops that customers can return easily.

Just a special price from the local shop in my country.
If you will be using wired headphones and do not mind a drop in SQ in streaming apps .. it's not sounding good :triportsad: on the plus the sound for me is as good as i could wish for , when playing UHD tracks on Amazon HD .. it's well built like a tank the SS i paid £299 on Amazon so i can return.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back