HIBY R6 - DAP Dual DAC Balanced Out - Great Reviews and Over 500% Funded @ Indiegogo!
Dec 12, 2019 at 8:38 AM Post #6,286 of 6,622
Hi there. I have r6 android 8.1, and after update to last firmware i have problem with spdif output. I connect r6 to my repro via spdif and no hear any sound. Only from r6 hear 2x "click" and is all. With previous firmware work spdif with no problems. Thanks for help.
Could it be that the firmware update has changed the output from s/pdif to line out for some reason? Can you check in sound settings to see if it's on s/pdif?

HiBy Stay updated on HiBy at their facebook, website or email (icons below). Stay updated on HiBy at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/hibycom https://store.hiby.com/ service@hiby.com
Dec 12, 2019 at 1:22 PM Post #6,287 of 6,622
Could it be that the firmware update has changed the output from s/pdif to line out for some reason? Can you check in sound settings to see if it's on s/pdif?

@Joe Bloggs ... Im absolutly jerk. :frowning2: I connecting spdif cabel to bad pinhole. Very sorry, my error. It is big shame... :D

Attachments

• P_20191212_191455_vHDR_Auto.jpg
    P_20191212_191455_vHDR_Auto.jpg
    3.2 MB · Views: 0
  • P_20191212_191657_vHDR_Auto.jpg
    P_20191212_191657_vHDR_Auto.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Dec 28, 2019 at 5:45 AM Post #6,294 of 6,622
I have just seen the Hiby R6 on Amazon for £269. I have just returned two iBasso DX 160s with unusable Bluetooth. Does the R6 run Google play? Does it upgrade to LDAC in Android 8.1. Any comparisons to my ex FiiO M9 that I damaged. Is it reliable etc? Sound out of ten? Would be happy to hear comments as I am tempted by it. Thanks guys.

Dec 28, 2019 at 6:08 AM Post #6,295 of 6,622
I have just seen the Hiby R6 on Amazon for £269. I have just returned two iBasso DX 160s with unusable Bluetooth. Does the R6 run Google play? Does it upgrade to LDAC in Android 8.1. Any comparisons to my ex FiiO M9 that I damaged. Is it reliable etc? Sound out of ten? Would be happy to hear comments as I am tempted by it. Thanks guys.

Sorry...how does the R6 do with Amazon music HD streaming too?

Dec 28, 2019 at 7:55 AM Post #6,297 of 6,622
OK. I'm using a LG V30 phone for Amazon HD Music at the moment, only for music as I use the Samsung S9 plus as a phone. Is the Hiby R6, either aluminium £269.00 or Stainless Steel £299.00, worth upgrading to? What is sound balanced 2.5 and SE 3.5 like? Screen resolution for youtube like? Bluetooth quality? What are it's worst faults? Are there any dealbreakers? Somebody please as I want to possibly push the button?

Dec 28, 2019 at 8:21 AM Post #6,298 of 6,622
OK. I'm using a LG V30 phone for Amazon HD Music at the moment, only for music as I use the Samsung S9 plus as a phone. Is the Hiby R6, either aluminium £269.00 or Stainless Steel £299.00, worth upgrading to? What is sound balanced 2.5 and SE 3.5 like? Screen resolution for youtube like? Bluetooth quality? What are it's worst faults? Are there any dealbreakers? Somebody please as I want to possibly push the button?

I can’t compare the Hiby to the two phones you mentioned, but over the past 18 months I’ve tried out the Hiby R3, fiio m7, fiio m9, fiio m11, iBasso dx160, Hiby r5 and the A&K s15. At £269, this player for me, is a no-brainer purchase. I did buy it when it was £499, but returned it as I was still in the early stages of finding the dap for me.

I’ve been using my Shouer Tapes through the 2.5 balanced and my tin hifi p1 through the 3.5. Both sound very good. It’s also good that you can change the tonality of the player in the settings. I chose to go with ‘tube amp’ and it gives my iems a warmer sound. The screen is fine for me for YouTube but it is a bit small. I wouldn’t use it as my main YouTube viewer but good enough for on the go. Can’t comment on Bluetooth as I don’t use it.

if I remember rightly from my first unit I bought, Wi-fi was a bit weak. However, I’ve had no issues on this one. I have however had some BT Wi-fi extenders since, so can’t attribute it to either that or a firmware upgrade.

The deal breaker for me is the price! I wouldn’t hesitate to buy at that price, especially with Amazon’s return policy. I would suggest pulling the trigger and getting some hands on time with it to judge yourself. If it doesn’t work out, return it... but it may be one of the best dap bargains out there at the moment.

Dec 28, 2019 at 8:27 AM Post #6,299 of 6,622
I can’t compare the Hiby to the two phones you mentioned, but over the past 18 months I’ve tried out the Hiby R3, fiio m7, fiio m9, fiio m11, iBasso dx160, Hiby r5 and the A&K s15. At £269, this player for me, is a no-brainer purchase. I did buy it when it was £499, but returned it as I was still in the early stages of finding the dap for me.

I’ve been using my Shouer Tapes through the 2.5 balanced and my tin hifi p1 through the 3.5. Both sound very good. It’s also good that you can change the tonality of the player in the settings. I chose to go with ‘tube amp’ and it gives my iems a warmer sound. The screen is fine for me for YouTube but it is a bit small. I wouldn’t use it as my main YouTube viewer but good enough for on the go. Can’t comment on Bluetooth as I don’t use it.

if I remember rightly from my first unit I bought, Wi-fi was a bit weak. However, I’ve had no issues on this one. I have however had some BT Wi-fi extenders since, so can’t attribute it to either that or a firmware upgrade.

The deal breaker for me is the price! I wouldn’t hesitate to buy at that price, especially with Amazon’s return policy. I would suggest pulling the trigger and getting some hands on time with it to judge yourself. If it doesn’t work out, return it... but it may be one of the best dap bargains out there at the moment.

Thank you. Appreciated.

Dec 28, 2019 at 9:45 AM Post #6,300 of 6,622
Final question. Does the LDAC function of Android 8.1 work properly on the R6 for the Radsone ES100 or Fiio BTR3? That would be the only deal breaker for me as I do use the ES100 a lot and would rather use the R6 than my phone.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back