HIBY R6 - DAP Dual DAC Balanced Out - Great Reviews and Over 500% Funded @ Indiegogo!
May 19, 2019 at 4:44 AM Post #5,896 of 6,622
Japan

Edit:
Ok after sampling some iems at a headphone store I came down to two choices: The rose BR5 MKII and ibasso it01s.

Leanin towards the br5 mkii but the it01s come with the balance cable out the box. Any last words before I pull the plug anyone?

Don't know if it's still relevant but rose had some reports of dodgy build quality a while back. Primarily mmcx sockets failing if swopping cables a lot. Personally (and I've not heard either, thanks uk :frowning2: ) I would go for the ibasso on build quality alone.

May 19, 2019 at 6:14 AM Post #5,897 of 6,622
Japan

Edit:
Ok after sampling some iems at a headphone store I came down to two choices: The rose BR5 MKII and ibasso it01s.

Leanin towards the br5 mkii but the it01s come with the balance cable out the box. Any last words before I pull the plug anyone?
Only thing I have to say is buy what you like. You are living with it not anyone else and its your wallet. Main thing is enjoy the experience. Have fun.

May 21, 2019 at 10:40 AM Post #5,898 of 6,622
Hello all, I've got an R6 on the way which i'm really looking forward to. I've been wondering what you people who have one use to charger it. Did you buy a quick charger or just charge it from a phone charger or PC/Laptop

May 21, 2019 at 10:53 AM Post #5,899 of 6,622
Hello all, I've got an R6 on the way which i'm really looking forward to. I've been wondering what you people who have one use to charger it. Did you buy a quick charger or just charge it from a phone charger or PC/Laptop
I just use my samsung phone charger that came with my S8. I think its a quick charger. I have used the charger in my car too. No issues.

May 21, 2019 at 10:58 AM Post #5,900 of 6,622
I just use my samsung phone charger that came with my S8. I think its a quick charger. I have used the charger in my car too. No issues.

Thanks for the reply KKFA. I have an old Samsung S4 and i've just checked it's charger output and it's a bit low at 5V/1A. I might get myself an Anker fast charger

May 21, 2019 at 11:15 AM Post #5,901 of 6,622

Can you get the shop to do a blind test, then go with the ones you prefer on the day. I can understand people's reluctance to advise as I bought some iems highly rated by a 'professional' reviewer once and they sounded awful to me: overly bright with non-existent bass - you'd think a reviewer would've noticed such polarising attributes - our hearing can't be that vastly different.

Just out of interest why would someone buy the R6 now over the Pro?

Last edited:
May 21, 2019 at 11:18 AM Post #5,902 of 6,622
Thanks for the reply KKFA. I have an old Samsung S4 and i've just checked it's charger output and it's a bit low at 5V/1A. I might get myself an Anker fast charger
The 1A charger will work fine, a fast charger will just be a bit... faster

HiBy Stay updated on HiBy at their facebook, website or email (icons below). Stay updated on HiBy at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/hibycom https://store.hiby.com/ service@hiby.com
May 21, 2019 at 5:27 PM Post #5,905 of 6,622
Can you get the shop to do a blind test, then go with the ones you prefer on the day. I can understand people's reluctance to advise as I bought some iems highly rated by a 'professional' reviewer once and they sounded awful to me: overly bright with non-existent bass - you'd think a reviewer would've noticed such polarising attributes - our hearing can't be that vastly different.

I am using the Ibasso IT01s with the R6 as I type and I like the pairing a lot. The shape is a little more challenging than my DM6 but the sound is great.

May 21, 2019 at 7:59 PM Post #5,906 of 6,622

Some just do not need the high output and in my case my balanced cables are all in 2.5mm so the choice is clear unless i wanna repurchase everything in 4.4.
Mostly i believe its the pairing to the IEMs or headphones owned. Imho.

May 21, 2019 at 11:30 PM Post #5,907 of 6,622
2 amp charger acts like turbocharge. Supposedly yielding full charge in 2-3 hrs.
trickling the battery always best to reduce heat damage from what I’ve read.

Anyone looking for significant comparisons read the Currawong review comparing the r6 to top daps.
You have to get decent cans to really hear what the r6 can do!

the journey is the blah,blah,blah. just gotta hear it...

jhv

May 22, 2019 at 9:55 AM Post #5,909 of 6,622
Right, the R6 is here! So far I've updated the OS to Oreo with some very helpful posts in this thread. I'm just running a wireless update now. The Play Store isn't showing any app updates available so does that mean the HiBy Music App is up to date or is it updated another way?

EDIT: HiBy Music v1.3.5 is installed on the R6 and I see v3.2.0 is the current version. Should i just download and run the latest apk file on the R6?

Last edited:
May 22, 2019 at 12:26 PM Post #5,910 of 6,622
check out the separate settings app. How tough was the oreo update? I heard more then 1 concern about bricking.

jhv

Users who are viewing this thread

Back