HIBY R6 - DAP Dual DAC Balanced Out - Great Reviews and Over 500% Funded @ Indiegogo!
Apr 11, 2019 at 4:50 PM Post #5,792 of 6,622
Hey guys,

Just got R6 and doing A/B with my ZX300. So far, I think the ZX300 sounds a little crisper, as in better detail retrieval and clarity, but the R6 beats it in terms of UI, and overall experience and polish. Great screen, fast, responsive, and you can search artists--what a novel idea! Sony has a basic UI with no bells or whistles, but the sound detail comes through a bit better. This is all through SE with my DT 1770. I ordered a 2.5 to 3.5 adapter to see if that makes a difference with them, and also my Amiron Home. Also getting Ibasso IT04 tomorrow, and those come with a 2.5 cable, so I will test back and forth and let you know my impressions. The way I go, I will probably sell both and get the R6 Pro, but we will see how it goes.

Apr 17, 2019 at 7:39 PM Post #5,798 of 6,622
Hey all,

Any decent cases for this thing that aren't leather? Found the miter, but that's it. Would love a clear case, but can't find a thing for this. I'm sure it's buried deep within the bowels of this thread, but is it worth upgrading my DT 1770 to a balanced cable? Will cost probably $150 to send it in to change, including a custom balanced 4 pin cable. Thoughts?

Apr 17, 2019 at 7:59 PM Post #5,799 of 6,622
Any headphone I've tried comparing a balanced to regular, there has been a significant improvement of sound. Do you have a chance to check balanced phones out? If you are like me, a Beyerdynamic fan you might want to look into others like the AK TP5. I heard them combined with a with a AK240 (the player is compared to the R6 by Currawong) and the Jaw
dropped.. Good Luck

interesting journey,

jhv

Apr 17, 2019 at 8:06 PM Post #5,800 of 6,622
I only have a 4.4. I got an adapter, but it's balanced to unbalanced. Made it louder, but couldn't tell any SQ difference, but it's not really balanced that way. Seemed to cause issues with the Hiby as well.

Apr 18, 2019 at 11:13 AM Post #5,801 of 6,622
Hello Xalt,
Try resetting Bluetooth settings as follows:
1. Go to System-Settings-Apps & notifications
2. Tap "see all xx apps"
3. Now tap on the 3 dot menu button to the upper right that appears and tap "Show system"
4. Scroll down through the expanded list that appears and tap on "Bluetooth"
5. Tap on Storage->Clear data
6. Now repair with your Mobius and see if it works

Best regards,
Joe
Hi Joe,

My R6 with OTA 1.12G update, and also follow the above instruction but I still encounter numerous Bluetooth close app , reconnect and disconnect when I paired with my Bluetooth 5.0 transmitter /receiver .

But strange when I connect R6 to Sony DAP WM1A (as Bluetooth receiver) both devices work flawlessly , WM1A is having Bluetooth 4.2 I think.

Does it means Bluetooth 5.0 problem ?

Apr 18, 2019 at 3:36 PM Post #5,803 of 6,622
Anyone able to answer that?
Orion is a single BA iem so it shouldn't matter should it? I have the R6 with my bgvp DM6 and it sounds amazing.
I briefly had a X5iii and l loved the sound of this dap but hated everything else about it. With the discount going on for the R6 I would definitely give it a try. Return if you have any issue with the impedance, thank me later.

Apr 18, 2019 at 4:45 PM Post #5,804 of 6,622
Orion is a single BA iem so it shouldn't matter should it? I have the R6 with my bgvp DM6 and it sounds amazing.
I briefly had a X5iii and l loved the sound of this dap but hated everything else about it. With the discount going on for the R6 I would definitely give it a try. Return if you have any issue with the impedance, thank me later.
actually its the older nova iem i have dual ba driver.

yeah sound on my fiio x5 iii is good and i prefer v shape but software and hardware sucks.
is r6 more neutral? and is it noticeable sound quality difference?

Apr 18, 2019 at 10:24 PM Post #5,805 of 6,622
how much of a improvement would this be compared to Fiio X5 3rd gen?
I use Campfire Audio Orions so should I be worried about impedance?
hi I have not listened to CA Orions, but CA Polaris and CA Andromeda.

I would say CA Polaris and R6 is quite well matching and sound more musical than CA Andromeda due to its sensitivity. I do not hear any hiss from R6 and Andro pairing, but the music presented is dull. I think CA Orions's sensitivity is in between the two, should be good too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back