HIBY R6 - DAP Dual DAC Balanced Out - Great Reviews and Over 500% Funded @ Indiegogo!
Jan 29, 2019 at 1:13 PM Post #5,448 of 6,622
Well then... Sounds like they ought to put the latest patch on air, if they can still do it during this holiday. Doesn't seem to be breaking anything :) bug reports anyone?

HiBy Stay updated on HiBy at their facebook, website or email (icons below). Stay updated on HiBy at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/hibycom https://store.hiby.com/ service@hiby.com
Jan 29, 2019 at 2:19 PM Post #5,449 of 6,622
Well then... Sounds like they ought to put the latest patch on air, if they can still do it during this holiday. Doesn't seem to be breaking anything :) bug reports anyone?
Everything is working great for me so far. Qobuz is playing correctly. Tidal is working correctly with the MQA files (88.2k or 96k with first unfold). I do get their HiFi quality files showing as 88.2k instead of 44.1k but I’m not sure that is a Hiby issue or a Tidal issue as I didn’t experience that problem until Tidal opened up their Masters tier for Android. Other than that, everything is working great! I’m mainly testing Qobuz right now and all files are playing correctly (about 5 hours of playing since I updated the R6).

Thanks!

Jan 30, 2019 at 2:21 AM Post #5,450 of 6,622
Just had my R6 delivered, all updated and first impressions are very good, so quick compared to my other DAP - I've read about the Wireless issues some people have been having but as for signal strength & speed I've got no complaints. I run a Ubiquity UniFi house wide network with multiple AP's - what I've noticed is that when the R6 attaches to one AP that's broadcasting 5GHZ on channel 44 it connects & gets data for about 10s then nothing - its still connected but no throughput - bounce it to one of the other AP's on Ch36 and all is good, also 2.4Ghz on ALL AP's are fine.
I can force all AP's to ch36 if needed but I normally like to leave it to Auto select based on RF scans.
Anyone else seen similar?

Ta

Last edited:
Jan 31, 2019 at 9:36 PM Post #5,453 of 6,622
If you connect your R3 to the R6 you are making it the "fusion R9" which blows away anything on the market with its triple dac (and golden sound).
Now beat that Astell&kern!
Its a rare best!!

Feb 1, 2019 at 9:45 PM Post #5,458 of 6,622
I recently purchased the new R6 Pro and while streaming Tidal Master I noticed that the sampling rate is at 44.1 khz, I thought Tidal Master is 192 khz, is there a setting that I missed? Thanks.

Ken
Those who updated to the latest OTA update and have problems playing TIDAL and Qobuz at native sample rates, please contact me by pm for a temporary fix

Users who are viewing this thread

Back