HIBY R6 - DAP Dual DAC Balanced Out - Great Reviews and Over 500% Funded @ Indiegogo!
Jan 3, 2019 at 3:24 PM Post #5,131 of 6,622
Just updated my R6 after watching the video.
It was very easy and all went flawlessly.
After the update you can remove the driver from your system.

I noticed that the driver installation had put Windows 10 in testmode (to be able to install the unsigned driver).
remove-test-mode-watermark-from-windows-10-desktop.png
(screenprint is not from my system)

Maybe someone else already mentioned this but if not:
You can switch windows back to "Normal" mode by opening a CMD box as an Administrator
- Click Start
- Type CMD
- You see the Command Prompt appear
- Rightclick on it and choose "Run as Administrator".
- Enter the following commands :
1> bcdedit.exe -set loadoptions ENABLE_INTEGRITY_CHECKS
2> bcdedit.exe -set TESTSIGNING OFF
- Reboot your system.

- All is fine again.

This also works for Windows 7 and Windows 8.

By the way, I noticed I had less free space after the update.
Ofcourse this was to be expected after an update to an OS 2 major releases higher and the repartitioning.
I think they did a great job slimming it down. No fluff at all! Just the minimum on applications.

Last edited:
Jan 3, 2019 at 3:30 PM Post #5,132 of 6,622
This unfortunately is the process when going from an early android software to the latest with the change in partitioning. I'm sure there's an automated way of doing it but from what I recall from updating a few android phones, none of them could go OTA going to android 7.0 and above. Anyone else here from XDA? haha.

Yep, drove 15 miles there and back for new cable.
Are you sure you pressed BOTH volume up and down? Also, some devices are picky with button order. To avoid any problems going into the different bootup modes, I usually press the power button last. The reason I ask is because some android devices, depending on button combination, will going into download mode or bootloader mode or fastboot. The wrong combination will lead you to the wrong mode which is what looks like may be happening to you.

Jan 3, 2019 at 3:39 PM Post #5,133 of 6,622
This unfortunately is the process when going from an early android software to the latest with the change in partitioning. I'm sure there's an automated way of doing it but from what I recall from updating a few android phones, none of them could go OTA going to android 7.0 and above. Anyone else here from XDA? haha.

Are you sure you pressed BOTH volume up and down? Also, some devices are picky with button order. To avoid any problems going into the different bootup modes, I usually press the power button last. The reason I ask is because some android devices, depending on button combination, will going into download mode or bootloader mode or fastboot. The wrong combination will lead you to the wrong mode which is what looks like may be happening to you.
Firstly thank you for your help. I have tried everyway you can to make it work. First I followed the on line video pressing power + up volume - all I got was nothing showing on the PC and on the device an andriod graphic (cannot remember what it said below the graphic). After about 2/3 minutes the R6 rebooted to on. I then tried BOTH volume up and down and get the same thing. Before doing this I checked that the device was seen (on windows 8) but as soon as press buttons in what ever order it disappears.......... Will try a windows XP computer tomorrow as right now have lost all interest in the R6 and feel like throwing it out the window.....

Thanks again
Qnapper

Last edited:
Jan 3, 2019 at 3:50 PM Post #5,136 of 6,622
Firstly thank you for your help. I have tried everyway you can to make it work. First I followed the on line video pressing power + up volume - all I got was nothing showing on the PC and on the device an andriod graphic (cannot remember what it said below the graphic). After about 2/3 minutes the R6 rebooted to on. I then tried BOTH volume up and down and get the same thing. Before doing this I checked that the device was seen (on windows 8) but as soon as press buttons in what ever order it disappears.......... Will try a windows XP computer tomorrow as right now have lost all interest in the R6 and feel like throwing it out the window.....

Thanks again
Qnapper

>> First I followed the on line video pressing power + up volume
In that case you didn't follow the video.
The video clearly stated you have to press the Power Button AND the VOLUME UP button AND the VOLUME DOWN button.
If the video goes to fast for you you can simply pause and replay.
The process is simple and straightforward as long as you do what they explained.

Jan 3, 2019 at 3:55 PM Post #5,137 of 6,622
>> First I followed the on line video pressing power + up volume
In that case you didn't follow the video.
The video clearly stated you have to press the Power Button AND the VOLUME UP button AND the VOLUME DOWN button.
If the video goes to fast for you you can simply pause and replay.
The process is simple and straightforward as long as you do what they explained.
I'm too tired to argue with you.... I HAVE PRESSED the Power Button AND the VOLUME UP button AND the VOLUME DOWN button AS THE VIDEO shows........ and as I have stated the PROBLEM is the PC cannot see ANY com port.

Jan 3, 2019 at 4:17 PM Post #5,138 of 6,622
Thanks to the last few posters, I was able to complete the update for my R6. On my computer I had to do the following...
Disable Secure boot in the BIOS.
Put Windows 10 in Testmode.
Install Qualcom drivers.
Also, the flashing utility wouldn't open on my computer correctly because my computer had a high DPI so I had to play around with compatibility settings to get it to display properly.
At that point, everything worked correctly and I now have Oreo on the R6. As mentioned above make sure to re-enable all the security features in the BIOS and OS when done flashing.

Last edited:
Jan 4, 2019 at 4:26 AM Post #5,141 of 6,622
Morning all, I got a PM last night from someone reading the forum and he has offered to sort it for me (all be it a 30 mile drive). I'm off now in the car with everything crossed as having no hair left that's the only thing left to do and for the price of a beer I'm happy enough.

Will report back here later..... fingers crossed.
Qnapper

Jan 4, 2019 at 4:34 AM Post #5,142 of 6,622
Morning all, I got a PM last night from someone reading the forum and he has offered to sort it for me (all be it a 30 mile drive). I'm off now in the car with everything crossed as having no hair left that's the only thing left to do and for the price of a beer I'm happy enough.

Will report back here later..... fingers crossed.
Qnapper
I wish you the best of luck. The forum is full of awesome people...speaking of which, anyone wanting a recommendation for custom cables please pm me!

Jan 4, 2019 at 6:12 AM Post #5,143 of 6,622
Has anyone run into this yet?

BmkUDRI.png

BmkUDRI

Re-downloaded the image and tried again, different USB port, etc.

Had the same issue
Try right clicking the qualcom in device manager and install from internet.

Hope this helps

Jan 4, 2019 at 7:51 AM Post #5,145 of 6,622
Hi everyone
I start by saying that I only read a small part of this thread because it's hard for me to read 350 pages in English. I would like to know, in short, what are the strengths and weaknesses of this device. I have a Sony nwz A15 and it works well. I also have an Ibasso DX50 and a Shanling M3. The first one sounds good but it has a very basic and cumbersome software. The second sounds very good but has disastrous software. The wheel to navigate and to raise and lower the volume is a crap. It had six new firmware but the problems remained. It has the replay gain but it does not work. I paid it $ 300 ...... money thrown away. Now, because of these last no good purchases, I have little trust about top Chinese products, they are very expensive and very often do not work well, especially the softwares. Fiio and A&K also have these problems. I therefore ask you if it is worth spending € 500-600 for Hiby R6.
Thanks in advance.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back