HIBY R6 - DAP Dual DAC Balanced Out - Great Reviews and Over 500% Funded @ Indiegogo!
Dec 30, 2018 at 10:57 AM Post #5,072 of 6,622
After a little help if possible folks with this update. I have downloaded the 3 files and unzipped them to separate folders on my desktop. Installed the driver and attached my R6 and device manager correctly shows the Qualcomm driver. However when I run the download installer the screen won't allow me to maximize it so as to see all the required sections e.g. software choice and start. I have tried reducing the screen resolution without success. I've also tried on a second computer same problem. Running Windows 10 with all latest updates. Any possible solutions would be gratefully received.
I am also having this issue...

Dec 30, 2018 at 11:23 AM Post #5,073 of 6,622
Sorry if this was covered... why do we need to update? My R6 is working just fine.

I would also ask why update? is the new firmware any better running the HiBy music app? after all it's only a shell to run the app in. I don't use the firmware for anything else..... The firmware has been out for a few days now and nothing about whats been added, what the differance is etc etc.

Qnapper

No one ever HAS to update. But you "could" run into problems down the road. First, Hiby "could" refuse repair service if you are not running the latest software. Second, the next update of Hiby music software may or may not run or run well on Android 6.

Dec 30, 2018 at 11:25 AM Post #5,074 of 6,622
After a little help if possible folks with this update. I have downloaded the 3 files and unzipped them to separate folders on my desktop. Installed the driver and attached my R6 and device manager correctly shows the Qualcomm driver. However when I run the download installer the screen won't allow me to maximize it so as to see all the required sections e.g. software choice and start. I have tried reducing the screen resolution without success. I've also tried on a second computer same problem. Running Windows 10 with all latest updates. Any possible solutions would be gratefully received.
I found a fix. I changed scaling to 100% (I was on 125%) and restarted. The burner opened fine after the restart

Dec 30, 2018 at 11:26 AM Post #5,075 of 6,622
No one ever HAS to update. But you "could" run into problems down the road. First, Hiby "could" refuse repair service if you are not running the latest software. Second, the next update of Hiby music software may or may not run or run well on Android 6.
Also if you want the latest BT codecs that is baked into 8.1 like LDAC.

Dec 30, 2018 at 11:20 PM Post #5,078 of 6,622
I can't enter download mode, it says "no command"

No port shown on the Device manager
Which part of the process are you in?
Presume u have installed the drivers, restarted your comp, switched off your R6 and connected to your restarted comp. Did you then do the 3 button start for your R6 and let go at the sight of the first flashing Hiby sign? If yes to all above your R6 should be blank at this stage. It should not show no command.

If not start the process again from the beginning.

Dec 31, 2018 at 1:03 AM Post #5,080 of 6,622
Hi, can you advise me where to adjust the scaling? I've being trying but no luck and I'm stuck now. Please help.
Go to your windows 10 settings, open system > display and in there, above resolution, there should be an option that says "Change the size of text, apps, and other items". The drop down option is set to 125% by default I think, change that to 100% and then restart. The burner program should open fine after.

Dec 31, 2018 at 1:09 AM Post #5,081 of 6,622
Go to your windows 10 settings, open system > display and in there, above resolution, there should be an option that says "Change the size of text, apps, and other items". The drop down option is set to 125% by default I think, change that to 100% and then restart. The burner program should open fine after.

Hi, thanks for your reply. Managed to open the burner 100% now but facing another issue. Once I selected the COM line and clicked START, it will prompted 100% in RED. I tried different PORT but no luck, same result. What is the fault? Any advise?

Thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back