HIBY R6 - DAP Dual DAC Balanced Out - Great Reviews and Over 500% Funded @ Indiegogo!
May 23, 2018 at 6:23 AM Post #3,346 of 6,628
I got my hiby finnaly today and I have some problems.First of all on the left upper corner I have a little dot and the screen is damaged,on the right side SS frame is little bit damaged(I guess CNC is fault for that) it isn't anything that bad but it's new so that shouldn't be like that.My wireless connection is pretty bad on the device and the biggest problem is that I cant put any music on the device.
@Joe Bloggs
DSC_0002.JPG

May 23, 2018 at 6:44 AM Post #3,347 of 6,628
I got my hiby finnaly today and I have some problems.First of all on the left upper corner I have a little dot and the screen is damaged,on the right side SS frame is little bit damaged(I guess CNC is fault for that) it isn't anything that bad but it's new so that shouldn't be like that.My wireless connection is pretty bad on the device and the biggest problem is that I cant put any music on the device.
@Joe Bloggs
Copying music problem solved.:upside_down:

May 23, 2018 at 9:13 AM Post #3,348 of 6,628
Hello. You just have to scan your music library when you switch sd cards. Open the Hiby music player and swipe from the left side.

edit : sorry I have to fight french autocorrection as I type on my smartphone, so strange things show up...

Thanks, after understanding the Hiby music player is not the device but the program and choosing icon User login, or swiping like you said I saw in the second line: Music scan. Thats the button I needed.

May 23, 2018 at 12:44 PM Post #3,349 of 6,628
May 23, 2018 at 1:27 PM Post #3,350 of 6,628
Stainless Steel or Aluminum R6?

Is this when using the latest firmware that was just released?

I've had crashing before and after the lastest firmware, as in freezing completely, hiby player crashing and also the android droid on his back after hiby crashing. The boot loop issue i've had twice but only on the latest firmware. It basically just cycles the yellow hibby logo constantly. Going in to fastboot and selecting restart about 4 times got it out of the loop. Powering off completely didnt seem to help

May 23, 2018 at 2:13 PM Post #3,351 of 6,628
Please check your pm inbox. We'll replace your R6 with a proper one and then you can decide if you want to put it up for sale.

Hi all,
First post after lurking for a while, I'm torn between the R6 and the x7ii but this worries me about the R6 'We'll replace your R6 with a proper one'
We he not sent a proper one first time around? I do not want to be a beta tester?

Last edited:
May 23, 2018 at 2:45 PM Post #3,352 of 6,628
Hi all,
First post after lurking for a while, I'm torn between the R6 and the x7ii but this worries me about the R6 'We'll replace your R6 with a proper one'
We he not sent a proper one first time around? I do not want to be a beta tester?
Uh it's not on the market yet, these are from indiegogo right now

May 23, 2018 at 3:58 PM Post #3,354 of 6,628
connecting the mojo dac via usb is such a ball ache.i cant get it to play reference sound on Spotify or Tidal. And to listen to those apps via the mojo I have to select "no" when i get the pop-up asking to make hiby to exclusively use the usb. Work ok via hiby though. it seems reference sound straight to the chord mojo only occurs via the coaxial connection.Is anyone experiencing/experienced this and if so have how did sort the usb issue?

May 23, 2018 at 6:10 PM Post #3,355 of 6,628
Hi,
Thank you for the info, so it's best to wait for a while as the indiegogo ones are not the finished artical?

Mine works fine. Just had the issue with album art but had that on poweramp when it first started up.
Thats sorted now with a minor work around and I'm sure Hiby will get that working cleanly soon.
I dont use Tidal etc and only use the wifi to transfer stuff over which works pretty fast.
Great sound.
As far as I can see the indiegogo ones are the finished article.
The Chinese version that was released in China only are pretty much the same.

May 23, 2018 at 9:33 PM Post #3,357 of 6,628
Since a number of people here were asking about US store, just saw MusicTeck notification that R6 is finally in stock and available for sale.

May 23, 2018 at 10:23 PM Post #3,358 of 6,628
connecting the mojo dac via usb is such a ball ache.i cant get it to play reference sound on Spotify or Tidal. And to listen to those apps via the mojo I have to select "no" when i get the pop-up asking to make hiby to exclusively use the usb. Work ok via hiby though. it seems reference sound straight to the chord mojo only occurs via the coaxial connection.Is anyone experiencing/experienced this and if so have how did sort the usb issue?

Use the coaxial. No DTA through USB.

May 23, 2018 at 10:28 PM Post #3,359 of 6,628
Is it a dream of a noob to think i can connect the r6 to the PlayStation 4? Ps4 has optical out...im guessing not, but would love someone else who knows more than me to chime in. God that would just blow my mind if i could...regardless the r6 is a beast, sounds great in the car man im loving this thing!

May 24, 2018 at 4:57 AM Post #3,360 of 6,628
Question / poll regarding HiBy Music album art.

I have all of the album artwork displaying properly EXCEPT when I go to Artist and change the context from track view to album view. This seems to be a shambles when there are more than 4 or 5 albums. Any other view has the album art displaying perfectly - ironically I tend to listen to music via this route so I see broken artwork a lot.

Firstly, can someone who is not having artwork issues please see if this view is good for them. THANK YOU!

I'm no expert in DAP hardware, but I am actually an expert in graphics formats so I have to ask the community of people who are having no issues at all to comment on their setup.
Here's mine:
- all artwork extracted to cover.jpg
- baseline, non-progressive JPG
- 500x500 or smaller, but nothing under 300x300
- FLAC files sorted in folder hierarchy of Artist->Album
- 1 cover.jpg per album folder
- around 3500 FLAC files in total

I've gone through the recommended clear-out and re-scans and seem to come to the same result.
All of these covers work perfectly when embedded as-is and used on a Sony NW-ZX300, which I regard as being one of the fussiest DAPs I've used recently for cover artwork.

Any feedback welcome.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back