HIBY R6 - DAP Dual DAC Balanced Out - Great Reviews and Over 500% Funded @ Indiegogo!
May 14, 2018 at 1:01 PM Post #3,136 of 6,628
Been asked by a number of people when this Miter R6 case will be available on Amazon, didn't realize it's already available there ($49.90).
I ordered and received it same day on Amazon. Only partially happy with it. Power button doesn’t line up well with the hole in the case. Also no way to remove the unit from the case. It’s really tight and no easy way to grab the unit to remove it. You would have to use a pen and push up from the bottom. Maybe my case is unique, but I only want the case on if I am going out. Otherwise I like to use the unit without a case. If removing it is very difficult, it makes it harder for me to use it the way I would like. Otherwise quality is good.

May 14, 2018 at 1:03 PM Post #3,137 of 6,628
This morning I received my R6.
Initial impressions are very good - no colouration to the music nor any sharp edges so far. I also haven't experienced any issues with the microSD card. I installed an 128GB microSD full of music and it played out of the box after a full scan.

However, like almost everyone else has commented, WIFI reception is astonishingly poor! I'm only able to stay connected to my network when I'm in the living room where my Ubiquiti Acess point is mounted on the ceiling.
My impression similar to yours. Fortunately, I don’t need WiFi for streaming, just for app downloads and OTA updates. My WiFi on the R6 works ok, not great.

May 14, 2018 at 1:05 PM Post #3,138 of 6,628
I have bad contact on Bal and LO connectors. Do someone have the same problem?
No problem here. Yet. Fingers crossed.

May 14, 2018 at 2:10 PM Post #3,139 of 6,628
My impression similar to yours. Fortunately, I don’t need WiFi for streaming, just for app downloads and OTA updates. My WiFi on the R6 works ok, not great.
That's bad, really bad in an otherwise very good device...
X5iii which I had and considered poor in terms of Wifi performance was definitely better compared to what I get from the R6.

May 14, 2018 at 4:47 PM Post #3,140 of 6,628
R6 is running my HD650's pretty good too. Never had anything that could sufficiently drive them.

May 14, 2018 at 5:25 PM Post #3,141 of 6,628
I run my HD6XXs with the R6 too. It drives them pretty well. Two things are really impressing me regarding this DAP. 1, is the body to each note, and 2, is the ability of it to produce what sounds like a 3D image of the soundstage. The battery life has been good too

May 14, 2018 at 8:47 PM Post #3,142 of 6,628
Super stoked with the R6, just received it today. Everything works flawlessly, connected to pc no problem, simple drop and drag. Coming from an old ipod 5th gen, im doing the hiby dance. Wifi doesnt seem any different than my ipod seems good to me tried bot 2 and 5g, also album art works fine, so if anyone hesitates on this awesome peice of audio goodness dont. ¥¥

May 14, 2018 at 10:01 PM Post #3,143 of 6,628
Super stoked with the R6, just received it today. Everything works flawlessly, connected to pc no problem, simple drop and drag. Coming from an old ipod 5th gen, im doing the hiby dance. Wifi doesnt seem any different than my ipod seems good to me tried bot 2 and 5g, also album art works fine, so if anyone hesitates on this awesome peice of audio goodness dont. ¥¥
Glad to hear all is working well for you. I'm also very pleased. My wifi is adequate for my needs, and of course the sound is wonderful. I've been using a range of headphones, DACs and amps, and so far everything has worked just fine.

May 14, 2018 at 10:04 PM Post #3,144 of 6,628
Finally got my SS R6!

Feels very heavy in hands, well built and the beauty of the stainless steel is remarkable. The WiFi seems weaker than my smartphone, but worked OK with my NAS, through DLNA. Listened 24/192 files with no problems, even about 8 meters away from the router, separated by brick walls. Every album art was displayed using HiBy app, so I can't reproduce the problem that so many users related here. There's no noise at all (absolutely black background, no hiss or interference) when playing songs using WiFi and DLNA, 2Ghz or 5Ghz networks (I have both). I have the same buffering problem with Tidal, more than 15 seconds to buffer the music. Funny that when using DLNA the music starts to play almost instantly, no matter if it is a redbook file or a Hi-Res one. The sound quality is simply amazing with my HifiMan HE400S, running through balanced cable. Very wide and deep soundstage, with fast transients. Very happy with the player so far!

May 15, 2018 at 12:50 AM Post #3,146 of 6,628
Is there a place to download firmware update files?

May 15, 2018 at 2:02 AM Post #3,147 of 6,628
Fed ex website says mine was delivered yesterday but I have not received it. Going to have to phone them today

May 15, 2018 at 2:05 AM Post #3,148 of 6,628
I was just listening to some music, and I noticed a notification that said the MicroSD was in the process of ejecting. I waited and after a while, the player told me the MicroSD was corrupted. I noticed this happened after adjusting the volume using the physical buttons. It's possible it is a hardware issue, but it could also be coincidence.

I turned the player off, removed the MicroSD, and plugged it into my computer where it prompted to to a disk scan. After doing this, Windows reported that there were no errors. I put the MicroSD back in, turned the player on, and it detected the MicroSD properly.

EDIT: I've done some fiddling around, and it seems that I've been able to consistently reproduce this issue. I don't think it's a hardware issue. When not playing music for a while, the player goes into a sleep mode (power button light turns off). If the player is woken up and the volume is lowered using the button while the screen is on, the MicroSD icon briefly appears in the notification tray.

If the player is woken up, the music is unpaused (order irrelevant), and the volume is lowered using the button while the screen is on, the MicroSD icon appears for longer, resulting in either Android flagging the MicroSD as corrupt (remedied by restarting) or the MicroSD correctly being remounted. I've noticed that this happens when using Neutron or using Hiby Music, so it is probably not app dependent. I've noticed this happen with 2.5mm output, 3.5mm output, and no connected output.
So I went and tried reproducing this issue with an old 2GB Sandisk MicroSD, and I can't seem to reproduce the issue on this card. I think this problem might be affected by either the size or the type of card in the slot.

May 15, 2018 at 4:56 AM Post #3,149 of 6,628
So I went and tried reproducing this issue with an old 2GB Sandisk MicroSD, and I can't seem to reproduce the issue on this card. I think this problem might be affected by either the size or the type of card in the slot.
Have had similar problem, it is all about the SDcard.
R6 is sensitive to qulity of SD card.
Just change it for something higher quality, Samsung instead Mirex in my case was Ok.
Although the previous card works well with the MacBook

May 15, 2018 at 11:17 AM Post #3,150 of 6,628
Just got mine Yeaahhhh...

It's been rattling around the box as no buble wrap to protect it and its mashed up the leather case a bit.
That was in the box ratting about too.

Played for about an hour or two.

My SS is a bit matt in finish? the bottom section looks nice and shiny smooth but the sides are matt and sort of dull. Anyone else noticed this on theirs?

Having problems getting my head round this Hiby music app.
Just playing Albums in numerical sequence seems to be a chore. Any help on setting this up would be great. i'll probably get there but its spoiling the fun.

Poweramp DVC is not working and muting the sound so not running correctly.
Neutron works great out of the box.

Both of them play albums as i want in numerical order.

I've two low priced earphones both Fiio as I matched my sold off x5iii a week ago.
FH1 and F9 pro.
The F9 pro sounded too hi pitched on the Fiio x5iii but the FH1 sounded just great.

This Hiby R6 is a lot warmer and make the f9 pro's sound great so I've gone back to those.

I've opted for the gel case.

The supplied screen covers are not very clear. Anyone know of any that are for sale and better.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back