HIBY R6 - DAP Dual DAC Balanced Out - Great Reviews and Over 500% Funded @ Indiegogo!
May 3, 2018 at 12:01 PM Post #2,867 of 6,628
***Another update: The Chinese DHL tracking site offers another tracking number that starts with a J and that number works on the USA DHL site. Mine's supposedly on track to be delivered on May 7.
Wow just received the tracking only, and suddenly it is reaching your door soon? That seems good news. Congrats

May 3, 2018 at 1:36 PM Post #2,870 of 6,628
Got my SS R6 tracking number today as well!!!!

May 3, 2018 at 3:37 PM Post #2,871 of 6,628
Nice, hope all those who got the shipping numbers get their units soon.

Been using mine at work for the last couple of day's. Nice unit, feels solid. Only problem for me is the fact that the power button and volume buttons are the exact opposite of where they were on the sony I've been using for the last few months whilst waiting for the hiby. So I go to turn the power of and the volume turns up instead!

Quite like the hiby app except that it doesn't display the track length, or album length.

One quick question whilst I'm here. Is there an app that looks and behaves pretty much like the apple music one? I'm aware of the apple app, but that's just for streaming and doesn't actually let you play music from onboard storage.

Last edited:
May 3, 2018 at 6:21 PM Post #2,872 of 6,628
IMG_20180503_181834.jpg
Hiby R6 + Campfire Audio Polaris. A match made in heaven

May 3, 2018 at 8:21 PM Post #2,874 of 6,628
@okthxbye I don't think HIby cares too much about updating the app anytime soon, guess they are too busy making money off the R3? They need to understand that the app and hardware is a complete experience. Right now the hardware is great but the app needs real attention. Last I heard from @Joe Bloggs was "I hope" not "we will". The Facebook page is littered with the same (album art) complaints with zero response from the Hiby team..so yeah.

Maybe an update by Christmas? lol

I completely agree regarding the bold text above.

In my shipment notification email yesterday, it said that they will keep updating the app via OTA. We'll see how that goes soon enough!!! I'm not holding my breath, but will be thrilled if they do stick to their word and fix the current bugs, plus keep updating things. Otherwise, no more Hiby devices for me!

Why is there no respose from Hiby, either here or on the Fabebook sites, and no update on shipping, anyone else finding that a bit odd?

I agree, it's all gone too quiet, SS # 814+824 Ordered Feb 7th, a shipping update would be nice Hiby?

Seems as if Hiby's "SUPPORT TEAM" is a one-man show of Joe Bloggs himself. It was CRICKETS while he was away at the show in Japan. I'd imagine that nobody else at Hiby reads or writes in English even though they may speak a bit of English. :wink:

Come on #1070 (SS) , no tracking yet, still waiting, <Kisses the dice>

Guys, check your Junk & Spam Email Folders DAILY. My FedEx shipping notice arrived in my Junk Email Folder yesterday (May 2nd) at 8:07pm PST/SoCal time and I just noticed it today! It is being shipped via FedEx International Economy service and due to arrive in SoCal for delivery on May 8.

I was backer #1170 for a SS R6. My shipment originated in Petaling Jaya, South-East Malaysia, near Kuala Lumpur. So far FedEx is just showing that a Shipping Label has been Created...no movement yet... but you might not realistically see any FedEx or DHL updates until it gets to your country of destination.

SS #1075... still, nothing, *crosses fingers*.

Seems like the emails/units are not being sent out in sequence?

Weider, my shipment originated from Petaling Jaya! Go drive over and pick it up, haha! :p

Last edited:
May 3, 2018 at 8:40 PM Post #2,875 of 6,628
Weider, my shipment originated from Petaling Jaya! Go drive over and pick it up, haha! :p

I suspect that shipments to the US will show a point of origin in Malaysia as a way around Trump's China tariff. Apparently there are agencies there that can arrange this.

May 3, 2018 at 8:58 PM Post #2,876 of 6,628
I suspect that shipments to the US will show a point of origin in Malaysia as a way around Trump's China tariff. Apparently there are agencies there that can arrange this.

I think it’s made in Malaysia and ships from there, too. Since you’re not buying a product, but are supporting a campaign, you have earned a free reward of a Hiby R6. I believe it is this function that is utilized for customs declarations, if I am not mistaken.

Edit: My take is that what Hiby is doing is deliberately avoiding any possible claim of fraud by ensuring it is labelled accurately for the situation.

Last edited:
May 3, 2018 at 9:29 PM Post #2,877 of 6,628
Nice, hope all those who got the shipping numbers get their units soon.
Quite like the hiby app except that it doesn't display the track length, or album length.

***** We should definitely start a "Hiby R6 Music Player & App: Bug Fixes & Feature Requests" thread ASAP! *****

In my shipment notification it stated that they will continue to update the R6 firmware. Here is a copy of my email from hello@hibymusic.net:

"(Subject) Great News! - Your HiBy R6 has been shipped out!

Dear (bbfoto),

We are glad to notify that your HiBy R6 has been sent out!

Your backer number is : 11xx

The tracking number is: xxxxxxxxxxxx (FedEx)

You can track it here: https://www.fedex.com/

You may see the tracking information upload on the website in coming few days, as some customers also told us that this is their experience with the shipping company. Please keep track of it just in case the shipping company might have trouble to deliver it.

Just can’t wait to see you get the player! Thank you very much for supporting us.

BTW, we will continually update the firmware for HiBy R6 through OTA.

Thank you,

HiBy team"

So I hope that they will release a major update with bug fixes that at least address the current problems soon! If not, you can be sure that not too many outside of China will be supporting HiBy's future offerings. There's just too much of the "Mei ban fa" mentality from these companies.

I was also banking on HiBy Link working out of the box when I decided to back this campaign, so I REALLY hope this becomes functional with the next update.

Ahhhh, you are probably correct. But are you sure that there is not a smartphone/electronics "build house" manufacturer in Petaling Jaya or nearby Kuala Lumpur?

Last edited:
May 3, 2018 at 9:32 PM Post #2,878 of 6,628
Yep, my origin says Petaling Jaya, Malaysia as well, currently in Memphis, tn. Was supposed to be delivered today but wasn't (obvious given it has not left Memphis).

I googled it and that area is the"silicon valley" of Malaysia. Sounds like a cool place, just built from the ground up starting 20 years ago.... Thanks Wikipedia!

May 3, 2018 at 9:55 PM Post #2,879 of 6,628
Yep, my origin says Petaling Jaya, Malaysia as well, currently in Memphis, tn. Was supposed to be delivered today but wasn't (obvious given it has not left Memphis).

I googled it and that area is the"silicon valley" of Malaysia. Sounds like a cool place, just built from the ground up starting 20 years ago.... Thanks Wikipedia!

Thanks for that. Yeah, a lot of the electronics and other types of manufacturing and assembly has moved from China to SE Asia due to about 50% lower labor costs...especially Vietnam and Malaysia. There are very high quality OEM loudspeaker driver & component manufacturing companies there as well.

Now that I know that the R6 is on its way, I'm just really anxious to see how the HiBy R6 will pair with my new AKG N5005 universal IEMs (they are ~18 ohm impedance hybrid IEMs). The N5005 are AMAZING once you find the right ear tips...but not too many people have achieved good results with the included ear tips. :frowning2:

Last edited:
May 3, 2018 at 10:19 PM Post #2,880 of 6,628

Now that I know that the R6 is on its way, I'm just really anxious to see how the HiBy R6 will pair with my new AKG N5005 universal IEMs (they are ~18 ohm impedance hybrid IEMs)...

Looking forward to your assessment. The sole reason I ordered the R6 is to add another balanced out equipped dap option to my collection to use with N5005.

Users who are viewing this thread

• Yari
Back