HIBY R6 - DAP Dual DAC Balanced Out - Great Reviews and Over 500% Funded @ Indiegogo!
May 2, 2018 at 9:39 PM Post #2,851 of 6,628
Well another day has passed for me (#878 grey aluminum) with nothing delivered to either my mailing address or email (ie. The Tracking number that was promised long ago, and yes I've checked my spam folder). Supposedly my order shipped a while back but I'm definitely starting to question that given hibys radio silence... Another day tomorrow of hoping. Wouldn't it be great if it just showed up?

May 2, 2018 at 10:59 PM Post #2,852 of 6,628
I spent some time looking at the problem and I have to confirm I have no issues at all. Check out this recording I made of my albums on my R6:

https://streamable.com/cq9i8

Looks great, doesn't it? That's because it works!

What I did:
  • using Tag&Rename / MP3Tag, I basically stripped all audio files of their embedded album art and I removed all image files from their folders.
  • I collected high resolution cover files (best quality/highest resolution as I could find, using Google image search, or www.albumartexchange.com)
  • I saved these files as "cover.jpg" or "cover.png" in the respective album folders. Note! "cover.jpeg" doesn't work, so rename that to "cover.jpg"
  • I added each file to the album folder and made sure to not include embedded album art.
Please try this and let me know if it works for you.

This is a workaround not a proper app fix. besides no a chance I'm going to strip all the album work out of thousands of tracks just to make it work on one app.
This girl has the right idea.

Screenshot_2923.jpg

May 2, 2018 at 10:59 PM Post #2,853 of 6,628
Hah, look at that. 1 hour after I made that last post, I got a tracking number. The tracking isn't working right yet, but it's finally there!

Edit: Working now, apparently coming tomorrow...

Last edited:
May 2, 2018 at 11:18 PM Post #2,854 of 6,628
Stainless Steel 1100, just got the shipping number!

May 3, 2018 at 2:07 AM Post #2,859 of 6,628
Dear all,
Sorry for the recent undersupply of communication. I was recently responsible for exhibiting at Fujiya Avic Spring 2018 in Japan, and stayed behind for further scheduled discussions with our new Japanese distributor-to-be. While the reception to our exhibition was great, the show (reserved well in advance) came at a bad time for us, because our R6 Indiegogo shipments had still not finished, and we must finish shipping the R6s to backers before sales start anywhere other than in China.

While the show did not affect shipments (for the latest updates of which see igg.me/at/hibyr6) it did affect our customer service, for which we're sincerely sorry.

Normal service will resume in 24 hours' time.
received_2617263785080991.jpeg DSC_0763.JPG 3ecddf598597ce8f.jpg DSC_0752.JPG
Best regards,
HiBy Music

HiBy Stay updated on HiBy at their facebook, website or email (icons below). Stay updated on HiBy at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/hibycom https://store.hiby.com/ service@hiby.com
May 3, 2018 at 10:09 AM Post #2,861 of 6,628
I got mine too!! *tears of joy* after 2 long months of waiting.
Probably another 2-3weeks before finally reaching my door I suppose

Mine too! Finally. Order #777 stainless is apparently on the way.

May 3, 2018 at 10:51 AM Post #2,863 of 6,628
Try copying the tracking number and going to FedEx directly rather than using the link in your email. I think you'll see that a label has been created. My delivery date in the US is tentatively May 8.

May 3, 2018 at 11:39 AM Post #2,865 of 6,628
HiBy's email does note that in their past experience, it takes "a few days" (whatever that means) for the courier to actually offer tracking information through their web service.

**Update: Err, mine is actually working at the Chinese DHL site. Too bad I can't really understand it; I just know that it's being delivered to my city, but I can't understand the tracking events.

***Another update: The Chinese DHL tracking site offers another tracking number that starts with a J and that number works on the USA DHL site. Mine's supposedly on track to be delivered on May 7.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back