HIBY R6 - DAP Dual DAC Balanced Out - Great Reviews and Over 500% Funded @ Indiegogo!
Apr 30, 2018 at 4:39 AM Post #2,823 of 6,628
Did you get stung with tax? just waiting for mine to arrive now SS 814
FedEx sent an invoice for £18 (£6 tax and £12 admin). They'll definitely send it through a week or so later - it's a big part of their business model.

Apr 30, 2018 at 4:45 AM Post #2,824 of 6,628
FedEx sent an invoice for £18 (£6 tax and £12 admin). They'll definitely send it through a week or so later - it's a big part of their business model.
But you didn't pay for the item, it's a perk, £6 is OK, but £12 admin, if that turns up at mine they can *** off, I'll just tell them to send it back, that'll cost them more than £6!

Apr 30, 2018 at 4:53 AM Post #2,825 of 6,628
But you didn't pay for the item, it's a perk, £6 is OK, but £12 admin, if that turns up at mine they can *** off, I'll just tell them to send it back, that'll cost them more than £6!
I thought the £6 was more than fair for the R6 - this was due to how HiBy filled in the paperwork :)
I've never been a fan of FedEx, so I knew what we were in for when I heard that was what HiBy were using for shipping.
I'd be interested in how you get on with giving them some stick. I've heard that quite a few people have got them to back off, but I think they're starting to get more stubborn as of late.

Apr 30, 2018 at 5:09 AM Post #2,826 of 6,628
I thought the £6 was more than fair for the R6 - this was due to how HiBy filled in the paperwork :)
I've never been a fan of FedEx, so I knew what we were in for when I heard that was what HiBy were using for shipping.
I'd be interested in how you get on with giving them some stick. I've heard that quite a few people have got them to back off, but I think they're starting to get more stubborn as of late.
£6 I could live with, it's the added theft of another £12, it's not the money, it's the principle.
I will report back my experience with them, if my SS R6 ever gets delivered that is, I don't even have a shipping email yet Feb 7th # 814
I'm "on one" today Grrrr lol :)

Apr 30, 2018 at 5:22 AM Post #2,827 of 6,628
£6 I could live with, it's the added theft of another £12, it's not the money, it's the principle.
I will report back my experience with them, if my SS R6 ever gets delivered that is, I don't even have a shipping email yet Feb 7th # 814
I'm "on one" today Grrrr lol :)
I went with the SS R6. It's almost worth the money just for the materials, build quality and fun to use factors - the sound quality is an added bonus!
Good luck with FedEx - I should have given them more trouble, but had too much on my plate with moving house.

Apr 30, 2018 at 8:51 AM Post #2,828 of 6,628
I went with the SS R6. It's almost worth the money just for the materials, build quality and fun to use factors - the sound quality is an added bonus!
Good luck with FedEx - I should have given them more trouble, but had too much on my plate with moving house.

SS #777. Still nothing.

Apr 30, 2018 at 12:27 PM Post #2,830 of 6,628
Yay, mine got delivered this morning. Just very quickly taken it out the box, but it's a nice bit of kit. Looking forward to having a play with this later once I've settled from work.

Hang in there guys, it'll be worth it in the end.

Apr 30, 2018 at 12:37 PM Post #2,831 of 6,628
Received an email from Musicteck this a.m stating their stock of R6 is delayed until May 10. Not too bad of a wait really.

Apr 30, 2018 at 1:29 PM Post #2,832 of 6,628
I have some good photos of R6 in development :)

Gotta develop them well tho XD

BTW, I met with some Romanian friends who took a listen to R6 and told me that they are absolutely in love with it, they really loved the smoothness of the overall device, the whole GUI, and the sonic performance. They are not diehard audiophiles, but still, they said that they are considering getting an R6 sometime when it becomes more widely available

Last edited:
May 1, 2018 at 1:46 AM Post #2,834 of 6,628
Why is there no respose from Hiby, either here or on the Fabebook sites, and no update on shipping, anyone else finding that a bit odd?
Did anybody receive any tracking update since Hiby's last update? Or did anybody on the second batch receive any R6? Anybody receive any SS? :frowning2: It's a terrible wait in silence
I agree, it's all gone too quiet, SS # 814+824 Ordered Feb 7th, a shipping update would be nice Hiby?

May 1, 2018 at 3:05 AM Post #2,835 of 6,628
@okthxbye Great news for you, unfortunately, that's not the case for many of us even when adding cover.jpg / cover.png, clearing cache, rescanning, etc....if you don't beleive me, head over to the Facebook "Hiby User Group" if you're a member.
I believe you, and unfortunately, I have some issues as well. The app also reads certain ID3 tags incorrectly. Buggy!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back