HIBY R6 - DAP Dual DAC Balanced Out - Great Reviews and Over 500% Funded @ Indiegogo!
Mar 27, 2018 at 5:54 PM Post #2,311 of 6,622
Friendly neighborhood guy having the problem with album art here! For a few weeks the Hiby music app has started automatically applying pictures for missing album art even though I have the setting turned off. Unfortunately the picture it applies is always incorrect because the album art finder never finds the correct image. Has anyone else experienced this?

Also, I know all I've done in this thread is ramble about the issues I (and others) am having with the missing album art, but aside from that, my time with the R6 has been stellar. I absolutely love it.

I have pretty much given up on using the Hiby app and just use Poweramp now. I recently bought a Sandisk 400gb and loaded all my music onto it. I did a scan all with Hiby. I checked one of the genre where I had nearly 480 alums. The album art was found on the first 34 alums in the folder and the remained had the issue of the first track not having the album art. The other genre did not fair all that great either. It would find the first 20-35 album in te beginning and then the remaining albus have the issue. Poweramp found every one without issue. Granted I can not use the MSEB but I doubt I would use it all that frequently.

It would not be that big an issue for me but most of the time when I am looking for a particular album I look for the art as I am more likely to recognize that over the actual name of the album ... lol

Last edited:
Mar 27, 2018 at 8:02 PM Post #2,312 of 6,622
I think that Hiby R6 drives Ulrasone Signature DXP really well :)

I love this headphone for an amazingly deep and powerful bass along with bright and clear treble, excellent resolution and soundstage. Hiby R6 is a great pair for it!

DZVV-GoX4AI4KYM.jpg:large

Mar 27, 2018 at 9:12 PM Post #2,313 of 6,622
I have pretty much given up on using the Hiby app and just use Poweramp now. I recently bought a Sandisk 400gb and loaded all my music onto it. I did a scan all with Hiby. I checked one of the genre where I had nearly 480 alums. The album art was found on the first 34 alums in the folder and the remained had the issue of the first track not having the album art. The other genre did not fair all that great either. It would find the first 20-35 album in te beginning and then the remaining albus have the issue. Poweramp found every one without issue. Granted I can not use the MSEB but I doubt I would use it all that frequently.

It would not be that big an issue for me but most of the time when I am looking for a particular album I look for the art as I am more likely to recognize that over the actual name of the album ... lol
Aside from this issue i honestly don't feel the need to abandon the app. I really love how fast it scans through the SD card.

Mar 27, 2018 at 9:18 PM Post #2,314 of 6,622

This is a screenshot taken from Tidal on my R6. Hmm, I don't know why it isn't appearing as an option for you. Perhaps you started Tidal before inserting your SD card? (I did that just now and had to exit Tidal (and press the square Android menu button, show list of running / cached apps and swipe Tidal out of the list) and reopen it before the card came up as an option. If all else fails you could always restart the R6 with the card inside. Otherwise I would question whether your R6 is reading the card at all (not reading the card, now this problem did happen to a few backers, a problem we are stamping out in the new production line I think)
It's working now Joe!! Thanks alot!!

Mar 28, 2018 at 1:21 AM Post #2,315 of 6,622
Friendly neighborhood guy having the problem with album art here! For a few weeks the Hiby music app has started automatically applying pictures for missing album art even though I have the setting turned off. Unfortunately the picture it applies is always incorrect because the album art finder never finds the correct image. Has anyone else experienced this?

Also, I know all I've done in this thread is ramble about the issues I (and others) am having with the missing album art, but aside from that, my time with the R6 has been stellar. I absolutely love it.

Try resetting the HiBy Music app as follows:
1. Go to Settings-Apps-HiByMusic, tap Force Stop and OK, then tap Storage, Clear Data, OK
2. Go to File Manager, tap HibyMusic, tick AlbumArt and tap the 3 dot menu and tap Delete selection, YES

Relaunch HiByMusic and give permissions to the app again. Your music library will appear to be still there but crash once when you tap on a track to play. Now relaunch HiByMusic and the library will have to be rescanned. The obtain cover art setting should be off for default.

We will work on resolving this issue in the next update. If worst comes to worst we can just disable the feature until it works properly :sweat_smile:

HiBy Stay updated on HiBy at their facebook, website or email (icons below). Stay updated on HiBy at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/hibycom https://store.hiby.com/ service@hiby.com
Mar 28, 2018 at 6:25 AM Post #2,316 of 6,622
have pretty much given up on using the Hiby app and just use Poweramp now.

Bummer, I really wanted to use the Hiby app too :frowning2:
I'm very OCD when it comes to album art and if Poweramp and Black Player have no issues with that, I'll go with them.
No album art for a lot of the albums? No go for me.

The Hiby app has had this issue for a long time, you would think it would have been handled by now, but I guess the R3 launch is the priority for now.
...one day.

Mar 28, 2018 at 2:04 PM Post #2,317 of 6,622
Try resetting the HiBy Music app as follows:
1. Go to Settings-Apps-HiByMusic, tap Force Stop and OK, then tap Storage, Clear Data, OK
2. Go to File Manager, tap HibyMusic, tick AlbumArt and tap the 3 dot menu and tap Delete selection, YES

Relaunch HiByMusic and give permissions to the app again. Your music library will appear to be still there but crash once when you tap on a track to play. Now relaunch HiByMusic and the library will have to be rescanned. The obtain cover art setting should be off for default.

We will work on resolving this issue in the next update. If worst comes to worst we can just disable the feature until it works properly :sweat_smile:
As a suggestion for future iterations: I don't know if this is possible at all but I think it would be much more convenient if the album art finder had some sort of search engine integration where I could manually type in what I'm looking for. Or maybe some integrations with music databases? I use Musicbee on desktop and whenever I have that search for artwork it displays options from places like google, discogs, itunes, and a few others, and I assume it uses the tags for artist name and album name to find these matches.

Mar 28, 2018 at 8:15 PM Post #2,318 of 6,622
I never knew so many people were crazy about album art.... Y'all are making me feel halfway sane! Seriously though, I'm impatiently awaiting my order. Next week is early April, which is the supposed shipping date. Not sure how long the actual shipping will take, anyone give me any insight into how long it takes to ship to Midwest US or if I'll have customs fees?

Last edited:
Mar 29, 2018 at 3:10 PM Post #2,319 of 6,622
So I just realized that the R6 can receive internet data via bluetooth. Now, I know that most androids have been able to do this because I've done this years ago so I figured I'd give it a go on the R6 and it worked.

The reason why I even bothered to try it is because of the RF interference using wifi. I've tried to ignore it but with some sensitive IEMs the RF buzz is terrible when wifi is using 2.4ghz.

So what I'm doing is using my phone as a hotspot using bluetooth. Obviously this isn't ideal because it uses cell data and wifi bandwidth is better, but it is an option. This is my method when I'm on the go. When at home or in the office, I'm using a desktop setup with lineout from the R6 so the wifi interference isn't an issue there anyway.

Mar 29, 2018 at 10:01 PM Post #2,322 of 6,622
@Joe Bloggs, I was listening to my R6 this evening with my headphones which require a bit more power and adjustments than my IEM's. I had to adjust MSEB a bit to get the right sound for the headphones. Once I went back to the IEM's I had to adjust MSEB back to my original settings, which I couldn't honestly remember! I'm wondering if it's possible to add options to setup MSEB with custom settings options which will allow for individual settings. Something similar to this:
MSEB
Custom1
Custom 2
Custom 3

Or maybe:
MSEB1
MSEB2
This will allow for individual settings under MSEB with various headphones, IEM'S. Plus, it will save the settings. Thoughts?

Last edited:
Mar 29, 2018 at 10:54 PM Post #2,323 of 6,622
So I just realized that the R6 can receive internet data via bluetooth. Now, I know that most androids have been able to do this because I've done this years ago so I figured I'd give it a go on the R6 and it worked.

The reason why I even bothered to try it is because of the RF interference using wifi. I've tried to ignore it but with some sensitive IEMs the RF buzz is terrible when wifi is using 2.4ghz.

So what I'm doing is using my phone as a hotspot using bluetooth. Obviously this isn't ideal because it uses cell data and wifi bandwidth is better, but it is an option. This is my method when I'm on the go. When at home or in the office, I'm using a desktop setup with lineout from the R6 so the wifi interference isn't an issue there anyway.

This shouldn't be necessary... You can send in your R6 for repair / exchange on this issue.

Hey Joe, has there been any progress with Tidal on the lag issue or MQA support yet?

Yes, TIDAL told us that they find that their app is buffering too much of each song before beginning play. We are working with each other to find the cause of this bug. As for MQA, we're working with them independently of TIDAL (who are clients of MQA just like we could be)

@Joe Bloggs, I was listening to my R6 this evening with my headphones which require a bit more power and adjustments than my IEM's. I had to adjust MSEB a bit to get the right sound for the headphones. Once I went back to the IEM's I had to adjust MSEB back to my original settings, which I couldn't honestly remember! I'm wondering if it's possible to add options to setup MSEB with custom settings options which will allow for individual settings. Something similar to this:
MSEB
Custom1
Custom 2
Custom 3

Or maybe:
MSEB1
MSEB2
This will allow for individual settings under MSEB with various headphones, IEM'S. Plus, it will save the settings. Thoughts?

:)

Capture.PNG

:L3000:

HiBy Stay updated on HiBy at their facebook, website or email (icons below). Stay updated on HiBy at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/hibycom https://store.hiby.com/ service@hiby.com
Mar 30, 2018 at 2:02 AM Post #2,325 of 6,622
Seems that I have to wait till 26 of April to get my hands on my own R6.

I will receive the HiBy R6 the 5th of April, the 4th of April we travel for a road trip to Florida.... so I will not be able to take the R6 on this journey..
So the Ibasso DX200 will join us,...
I tried the R6 at the CanJam Singapore, its a freaking snappy DAP, ...

I promised a comparison between the Ibasso/DX200 with the Vega but that has to wait, first goin on a travel adventure.
20th April I have a factory visit at JH Audio, will make pictures and show these!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back